I guess there have been a lot of thoughts about if project is dead or not. Of course it's not dead. It's just that we are currently working more with commercial customers. Last year we received 200 USD as Paypal donations. Unfortunately this is not enough to do active development. But good news is that we still fix the bugs and add new features then doing commercial development. And this leads us to next announcement :).
We are proud to announce Feedreader 3.14 beta. It's mostly bugfix release.
Changes and additions:
- Added twitter search feed
- We upgraded to new FirebirdSQL version. This version is faster and more stable.
- Fixed bug with enclosure/podcast download then using some proxy servers. Previously download progressbars were left open.
- proxy configuration to welcome dialog.
- Performance was added internaly because we eliminated some functionalities in RSS engine (Newsbrain) that were not needed in standard Feedreader.
- Added a /debug parameter that can be used to debug Feedreader in case of problems.
- Fixed some bugs with chunked download
Please download beta from here (zip from here).
Before upgrading please make backup of your database that is located in c:\documents and settings (or USERS in case of Vista)\USERNAME\application data\Feedreader\rssengine.fdb because you cannot use the database with older database version in Feedreader 3.13.
Please leave bug reports as comments to this thread.