White Paper - Feedreader Platform - Technical background of Newsbrain and applications using Newsbrain.
At Feedreader, years of experience in the RSS news field, as well as in-depth knowledge of new and emerging technologies, have helped us to design innovative components that form the building blocks for all of our solutions. These robust components – known as Newsbrain – have enabled us to produce solutions of unparalleled power and quality for our clients.
We can also use these Newsbrain components to make continuous enhancements to our current Feedreader offerings, and rapidly introduce new solutions to meet the changing needs and requirements of our customers and the marketplace.
For example the healthcare Industry is rapidly leveraging RSS Technology Platforms on MySQL and Oracle with the
Newsbrain high performance crawler aiding the industry in filling the vast RN LPN Nurse Jobs staffing shortages while providing the latest updates for nurse practitioners in Healthcare medical practices.
Our Newsbrain components include:
- An intelligent, high-performance news crawler that dynamically gathers new articles from subscribed feeds, and can effortlessly work with tens of thousands of feeds
- Firebird SQL back-end databases for personal solutions and Microsoft SQL back-end databases for enterprise-grade solutions.
- An intuitive user interface
- An email router that instantly forwards information to email accounts
- An IMAP server that provides access to news via mobile devices and other information systems
- Instant messaging gateways that route news to IM clients
- XML-based data formats that allow for easy integration with third-party applications