2016-07-19

Hi, I'm trying to create a VMware-Horizon-View workstation using a computer running Lubuntu 14.04 i386 and I'm running into a couple issues.

I've added vmware-view to LXsession configuration and it's getting run fine on boot. However, when I restart my system, when vmware-view loads, I get an error message saying "Error: couldn't resolve host name". I believe this is because my computer is loading into vmware-view before my computer is obtaining an IP address. It's the same error I've gotten before running vmware on windows thin-PC systems, but I can't recall exactly.

To resolve the issue, I want to add a 6 second delay to my autostart applications. That way my computer has time to obtain an IP address, and then open up vmware-view and connect to the server. I'm running vmware-horizon-client v4.1.0 and the server is running vmware-horizon-client v5.5. I don't think that would be relevant at all, since the question is more generally how do I delay an autostart sequence, but just incase it changes things.

How could I go about adding this delay in the autostart?

Thank you so much!

Show more