2017-01-20

Some questions on Comp Sci course/department?

Follow

2 hours ago
2h ago

Struggling to decide Southampton and Sheffield, was wondering if anyone could answer some questions about the department and the course for Computer Science/Software Engineering...

-Do you spend most of your time in the Diamond or Regents Court? I was pretty blown away by the Diamond on the open day, but the website seems to indicate that most of the work takes place in Regents Court?

-What is the Comp Sci in Regents Court like? It looks like a pretty old building from the outside, does it feel modern in the inside? Is the hardware high spec or more leaning towards slow library computers?

-If you're already a semi-competent programmer (IE took it at A-level and/or do it as a hobby), does it feel like a slow start while going back over all the fundamental stuff? Do they give you anything more challenging if you're not an absolute beginner?

-If you have an offer for a masters, and just miss the grades, will they still accept you into the bachelors? (and hopefully go on to masters if you do well)?

Just a few things I've been wondering on, leaning towards choosing Sheffield , just trying to make my decision easier :P

Fred T.A

Show more