2013-12-17

I have been the victim of a psychopath who was our worker on the farm. Unfortunately she lived next door and, while I was at work during the day, wove her "magic" and destroyed our 22 year relationship. I don't know whether it is a good or bad thing but when I first came into contact with her my intuition told me she was going to be trouble. Later on I was told that I judged her before I got to know her. I was constantly told by her, and later on him, that I was the problem in our relationship and I assume she was telling him that also. After my husbands brothers death he said to me he didn't know what he wanted in life any more. She was there giving him all the support and advice she possibly could.

As well as character assassination, abuse and overt sexual behavior which my ex only commented on as being a bit of fun, she even went to the extremes of copying my haircut and colour's at one point. He found she made him laugh and had a great personality.

To cut a long story short, 18 months later she (and my husbands daughter who is also a psychopath) moved me out of our home while my ex was out somewhere and left me with what they thought I should have. They even destroyed many personal belongings that can't be replaced such as the last letter I received from my father and baptisimal certificates. Just lately my ex called me to say he found some of the belongings hidden away in her house. Her excuse is that she said I would take everything so they made sure they hid things away. As I said it shows how well they know me and also what sort of people they are

As of now she is sitting in a mental institution but my ex is totally besotted with her for whatever reason and thinks she is his responsibility to support and look after. He has lost almost all of his friends as they are so disgusted with someone who acts this way and with the things that were done. It is almost as if he has had a complete physical and personality change. Neither of them are interested in what other people think about what has gone on. Unfortunately it is me that gets to see and hear the man who is in tears and is ridden with guilt but can't stand up for himself. He calls me when his daughter and her are not around because they don't want him talking to me.

I have been told so many times to just move on and leave them to it but how can you do that to someone you love/d and you can see how manipulated they have been by both the daughter (threatening him with not seeing his grandchildren) and the woman next door. I am thankful now that I survived it all (and I tried hard enough not too) but I have some wonderful friends and family along with a fantastic psychologist, counselor and social worker.

I still can't understand how she was able to make him do things that I thought were so out of character. It is almost as if some of those psychopathic traits rubbed off - or did they? Maybe those traits were always there but buried. I would love to know the answer to that one. I know he does have a conscience as he has said that he feels guilty about a lot of things - or is that a psychopath at work?

Show more