The NAIJ.com team has gathered the most important news that hit the headlines on Friday, October 28. Find all the stories you might have missed below.
1. Relative mocks Buhari’s daughter as she becomes 4th wife (photos)
Hajiya Fatima has maried Malam Gimba Yau Kumo on Friday, October 28
The second daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari, Hajiya Fatima, will be getting married to former managing director of the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria, Malam Gimba Yau Kumo today Friday, October 28.
2. Dignitaries storm Buhari’s home for his daughter Fatima’s wedding (see photos)
Dignitaries and traditional rulers have already started arriving for the ceremony taking place at Buhari’s residence in Maiaduwa GRA, Daura, Katsina state.
3. Meet Bishop who raped 17-year-old girl, could not recite bible verses in court (photo)
Self-acclaimed Zimbabwe Bishop, Andrew Mnkandla sent to jail for raping and impregnating a teenager.
A self-proclaimed Zimbabwean Bishop, who with his brother defiles and impregnated a 17-year-old girl at their church, has been sentenced to 20-years in prison.
4. See where Buhari was spotted as daughter weds in Daura (photos)
President Buhari at the Presidential Villa mosque
President Muhammadu Buhari was spotted in Abuja in what many people have described as a surprise as he was expected to be seen in Daura where his daughter is getting married.
5. SHOCKING: 25 human skulls found in Rivers as JTF arrests 44 IPOB members
The Joint Task Force operating in the Niger Delta under the Operation Delta Safe, has revealed that it discovered 25 human skulls in some militants’ shrines in Cross River state, The Punch is reporting.
6. Dasukigate: Arrest Jonathan now – APC tells Buhari (video)
Former NSA Dasuki who is already in detention is one of those indicted in the arms deal probe report
The All Progressives Congress in Lagos state has demanded the arrest of former President Goodluck Jonathan for defending Sambo Dasuki, the former National Security Adviser.
7. There is a grand plan to massacre southern Christians, Muslims – Shi’ites
The Islamic Movement in Nigeria known as Shi’ites have claimed that they have uncovered a plan by security operatives to massacre southern Muslims and Christians.
The religious sect that has been outlawed in Kaduna and some other states said there was also plan to disrupt its religious trek.
8. BREAKING: Massive protest in Ondo as INEC names Jimoh Ibrahim (photos, videos)
A photo from the scene
An early morning protest has hit Akure, the Ondo state capital following the naming of businessman Jimoh Ibrahim as the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the forthcoming election.
The Independent National Electoral Commission shocked the Ahmed Makarfi faction of the PDP with the naming of Ibrahim as the party’s candidate late Thursday, October 27.
The post NAIJ.com digest: 8 news that broke this Friday appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Read Naij.com 24/7.