2017-03-01

Hey guys,

I have spoken to
, who gave this post the ok.

The title was a click bait. I'm sorry. It's a saddening topic of real cancer, not
or
. On the 25th of March, I will be participating in a Relay for Life run, to help raise both awareness and funds for the Cancer Council Australia. I usually wouldn't make posts of these kinds, but cancer is a devastating disease that can destroy families and friends. I have come to realize this over the past few months. So I'll be participating in the 16 hour run which goes overnight with 8 other friends to raise money for cancer research and benefits for those struggling with cancer. Even if you have not contributed in the past, it is never too late.

Our team aims to run a total of 75 or more kilometers together and I would love for people to sponsor me. All the funds go directly to Cancer Council Australia (I can provide proof of authorization to fund raise given by Cancer Council Australia), remember, every dollar counts. This is how your money will be used.

$5 can help us give a newly-diagnosed cancer patient important support and information resources to help them through their cancer journey.

$10 can help offer free exercise programs that assist cancer patients in building strength and fitness during and after treatment.

$25 can help transport cancer patients to and from hospital for treatment.

$50 can help the Cancer Council 13 11 20 provide free and confidential information and support on all aspects of cancer.

$100 can help provide free accommodation for cancer patients, their families and carers during treatment.

$500 can help pay an overdue electricity, phone, gas or rates bill for a cancer patient who has not been able to work.

$5000 can help fund ground-breaking research into new and better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.

To those who donate, regardless of how much, thank you. You are making a difference and fighting the leading cause of death in Australia. If you cannot donate, I urge you to spread the word about Cancer Council's work in fighting cancer, and I completely understand your decision.

To sponsor me, please click here.

Show more