2016-06-07

This is a post to let the community know what happened with
and why some players are leaving the community.

I was going to keep this private out of respect for
and others but as our private message system is being spammed with ads by their community, I will share.

Essential this is what happened:

A player and Trident (as well as 4 other people) play a Rocket League match together. This was a custom game they set up. They talked shit to each other in game (saying 'easy' after every goal)

Someone disconnects in the game which makes it an unfair game.

Trident then joins this players TS3 channel (which is meant to be private/password protected but Trident could override that as global) which is misuse of Teamspeak admin.

Both continue to talk shit in this Teamspeak channel. This player then says to Trident: "Just relax its just a bit of banter"

Trident then permanently bans this player and another player in the channel (the second player wasn't even involved)

Player posts abuse report asking for unban saying the banter went both ways and that a permanent ban is unfair

Trident abuses the player through a reply to his abuse report, insults him and his mother (https://i.imgur.com/dh9RlTv.png), disgusting stuff really, i'm sure most would agree

I (
) ask that Trident apologizes to the player for the insults, then we would process the abuse report

Trident refuses to apologize and says "If he isn't banned by tomorrow I'm leaving"

All the upper admin team agree that the other player isn't going to be unfairly banned as he didn't do anything wrong (remember they agreed to play rocket league together, this didnt happen on an Invex server)

All the upper admin team tell him to sleep on it and come back tomorrow (to get rid of the anger), at least 4 different admins told him to do this, he doesn't leave and continues to argue with various admins on Facebook, TS3 and Steam

Trident resigns (demote himself) 2 hours later

Trident leaves saying he wants to make his own community

Various players also leave to join Tridents new community

Some of these players start advertising the new community by directly PM'ing people (spam) and advertising on the game servers (which led to a few bans/demotions).

When a player leaves like that there isn't much we can do keep them. We definitely liked having Trident on the team as he put in a lot of effort into the community.However, Invex was built on the foundation of fairness. Every admin since 2014 has been told to be lenient and accepting of players (young or old).We won't unfairly punish players even if it means losing a higher up admin, this isn't my community or Tridents community or anybody else's community, this is our community.Every player is expected to follow our rules and be accountable for their actions.

Invex won't die because of these players leaving, collectively our admin team has put in years of work into our servers, custom plugins, forums, and building our community and social media.We have 3200 steam members, 200K monthly website hits, 2k+ daily payers and have grown to become the #1 Jailbreak server in OCE and the #1 Combat Surf/Surf FFA DM in OCE and we aren't stopping there.All of our servers (with the exception of Minecraft) are typically full at all hours of the day thanks to the amazing community players, Invex members and the fantastic admin team.Our Youtube channel is also quite active (thank you
) and we hold regular community nights for players to look forward to which have led to some pretty awesome moments (
7k tec9 clutch anyone?)All donations we receive are put towards server costs and any profit is given back to the community via giveaways or put towards upgrades, new features or new servers.We plan to expand into other games soon and add 2-3 new CSGO servers over the coming months. We aren't going anywhere, we are only going to grow bigger!

The above events are the truth and everything I have said is verifiable with proof (
as well as others have chat logs and recordings).We hope you guys enjoy what we are doing and we will work even harder in the future to improve all aspects of the community (I'll get working on those suggestions right after exams <3).

Also a friendly reminder that we do have a Invex member requirement that you are not a member in another community (small MM comp teams etc are fine). If you do wish to join another community, this means that you will lose your Invex member status and all associated ranks.

Thank you! You are all amazing memers and I'm proud to know you.

Signing out,

Challenger rank #8 Yasuo OCE

PS: I have left this thread open so some discussion can happen. Globals/Staff feel free to respond to questions here but please don't spam or advertise (or name and shame anybody). Thanks!

Show more