2013-06-07

Okay. I am dealing with some kind of Customer Support Loop here. I wonder if anyone has any advice for me.

I am setting up a website for a client, working on a new design using a temporary domain.

Now the site is almost finished, and I need to switch the regular domain over, which is hosted elsewhere.

Okay, so far so good...done this a hundred times before...Well, hold on, ERROR MESSAGE: apparently back in 19** somewhere this domain has been hosted on DreamHost, and since my client is using a Promo-Code, that domain cannot be used because Promo Codes are for new customers.

Okay, contact Customer Support for help. Basically the email I get back just repeats the same error message...nothing else

Write back "Hey, okay, is there anything I can do? We were not aware that someone had this hosted on DreamHost..what can we do? Any way around this?

Email I get back basically repeats the same thing, with SmileyFace and "Sorry for the inconvienence"

So, problem still not resolved, not sure what to do...I have written back but I am fully expecting the same kind of canned comment in reply. No options, domain still not transferred....I am in a sort of limbo....

I rarely ever have to deal with customer support, so this is sort of a strange experience for me. Are these people trained to resolve issues, or is it just a robot shooting back a pre-formatted response?

Show more