2016-08-19

Came across a quite intriguing radio show podcast interviewing Rob Ager of Collative Learning who does some very thought-provoking indepth analysis of films such as 2001, The Shining, Clockwork Orange, John Carpenter's The Thing, Hitchcock's Psycho and many others. In the second half of the show he goes on to discuss his opinions on Stanley Kubrick's alleged involvement in filming the moon landings, which are claimed by some in the conspiracy arena to be hidden as clues within The Shining; it's the first time I've heard of any connection with the moon landing and that film. However (not surprisingly, and I don't blame him for thinking this, because I think he's right) he dosen't believe that Kubrick was in any way involved in the filming of the moon landings. He also mentions that some people have pointed out clues within The Shining with the room number as indicating/revealing the distance from the Earth to the moon. Ager states that the distance of 237,000 miles is actually wrong, and that actually the moon's distance varies as it orbits around the earth; this in Ager's opinion means absolutely nothing in connection to the theory.

http://teacherluke.co.uk/2016/08/07/...piracy-theory/

He makes some good arguments, but I don't like his bashing of conspiracy theorists. He seems to think that all that conspiracy theorists do is look at films for hidden clues and try their best to find any hidden clues or any connection to a supposed conspiracy, the kind of people who will see anything in anything as pointing to something significant or important, rather than something which is really just meaningless, irrelevant or even co-incidental. You could say Icke does that himself with Eyes Wide Shut, The Matrix and with They Live. The amount of times I've heard They Live and The Matrix referred to or talked about in the alternative just bores me. Would love for Rob Ager to do an analysis of They Live, would be interesting to see what his own actual interpretation of the themes and symbolism are.

Show more