2014-02-27

Hi guys, I run an online store selling Chinese herbs in quantities varying from 100g to 1kg and I've decided to implement wholesale pricing for clinics and other regular customers. I've spent the last few days trying to figure out the best way to do this but I'm a bit stuck so some help would be greatly appreciated!

The site in question is www.chineseherbs.co.nz

The current situation:

-I have over 200 different products/herbs listed under the category "Dried Herbs"

-Customers are able to purchase in the following quantities: 100g, 300g, 500g, 1000g (with higher quantities being cheaper)

-My pricing is setup in a way which uses 100g as the "base" price. Once you click on a product you are able to select higher quantities via the "Amount" dropdown box eg 100g of Abalone Shell is $3.20, 1000g is $3.20 + $14.40 (=$17.60). The products are priced by these amount attributes.

My objectives:

-If guests/regular customers visit my site, then the regular pricing currently displayed will remain

-If someone logs into an account that I designate as a wholesale account, then they will be access wholesale prices for all quantities over 500g ie the 500g and 1000g attribute prices. I would prefer if the normal retail price is still visible to them.

Issues:

-I first tried the "Twitch Wholesale with Twitch Wholesale Attributes" addon but was a bit lost when installing it - I basically uploaded all the files via ftp then ran all the sql code I could find in the readme via "Install SQL Patches" in the zencart admin page. A couple of the sql patches didn't run but changes still came through both on my admin and my site. The addon seemed promising but it made visual changes to my site which I didn't want so I gave up on it.

-I then tried the "Dual Pricing - Wholesale Pricing" addon. I installed this correctly and thought this would work as no visual changes were made to my site but upon testing I felt the layout wasn't very suited for my site as my main wholesale pricing applies to attributes only (500g and 1000g attributes). ie as there's no wholesale discount for the "standard" product (100g), there's no emphasis on the wholesale pricing as each product page would have for example:

**Product Name**

**Retail Price: $3.20**

**Wholesale Price: $3.20**

When you click on the "Amount" dropdown the wholesale price would show for 500g and 1000g (eg $1.6 instead of $8) but there would be no indication of the normal price thus unless you knew what the normal price was (eg $8 for 500g) you might confuse the wholesale price for normal retail.

Ideally, I would like to have a dedicated Clinic/Wholesale product category that basically mirrors my catalog but contains only quantities over 500g and is visible only to customers logged into a wholesale account. Would something like this be possible? Would this be the best way to go about it? If someone has a better idea (or any idea at all) then please feel free to share it with me!

Cheers,

James.

Show more