Title: Service Desk Network Executive
Job Number: 1583558
Service Desk Network Executive
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
At HPE, you’ll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? You’ll use your experience and scientific knowledge to develop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes. And you’ll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world’s biggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
HPE Technology Services (TS) guides customers to the New Style of IT by transforming and supporting infrastructure that enables optimal business outcomes. Our vision is to be the undisputed leading provider of Enterprise Technology Services through our constant innovation and customers-for-life mindset. We advise our customers by helping align their IT strategy to business value. We transform their IT landscape and provide a safe journey for our customers on their way to the New Style of IT. We deliver agility and flexibility to our customers, while also ensuring security and stability, reducing risk and delivering unmatched value.
Service Desk Network Executive
· Broad technical knowledge of Networking and Networking Solutions
· Core technical knowledge on HPN, Cisco, Aruba and related networking product and technologies
· Deep technical understanding of Routing, Switching, Wireless, Security and Network management
· Good Knowledge and understanding of networking hardware and architecture
· Understanding of Windows and other operating systems preferred
· An up-to-date knowledge and understanding of your employer's business and industry needs, as well as the technical demands;
· To recognize the importance of customer focus and/or of serving the needs of the end user;
· excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with staff who are not technically trained;
· The skill to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail;
· analytical and problem-solving ability;
· Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organization;
· Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize your workload.
Good understanding of Networking Technologies, Service and Support of Networking products from:
HPN – Procure (Routing & Switching, Wireless, Network management (PCM IMC)
Cisco, Ruckus - Routing & Switching, Wireless, Security and Network management
Aruba – wireless devices, Airwave
ITIL V3 foundation certification
· Provide HPE customers & Engineers troubleshooting & support in the areas of HPE Networking and related areas.
· Operate, Administer and Govern customer network setup.
· Provide leadership in technical problem management and the resolution of all issues, working closely with end customers and HPE remote and field support staff.
· Develop action plans to investigate and resolve complex issues/problems and clearly communicate these to engineers, customers and/or relevant managers;
· Participate in after-hours remote support rosters;
· Identify and contribute to projects to improve product support, customer satisfaction and team efficiency;
· Be aware of, and contribute to the improvement of, team performance as measured in the team Business Fundamentals Tables (BFT).
· Technical writing skills will be required to publish Issue resolution documents (KM & KT)
· Required to communicate effectively with Technical and Non-Technical stakeholders and should have the ability to drive the conversation/discussion
· Must be able to interact with colleagues from different countries and background (own team, members of SC and Product Divisions)
· Participate/Drive ITIL based change management, Problem management, incident management.
· 2-5 years of demonstrated experience in Network troubleshooting including service and support on networking products such as routers, switches, wireless controllers, firewalls etc.
· Ability to isolate and solve complex technical/business problems with the ability to interact with people (customer and internal HPE) at all levels, across a geographic region.
· Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
· BE, B.Tech or equaling full time degree.
· Good to have Certifications like: HPN AIS or ATP/ASE, Cisco CCNA or similar level certification.
· Preferred certifications like HP ATP, HP ASE, CCIE, CCNP, Any Aruba certification like ACMA/ACMP
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values :
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Equcational Qualifications required:
Tehnical Diploma or Engineering Degree
Technical Knowledge Transfer
Establishes HPE's technical creditability and solution capability within customer's Information Technology (IT) organization through education & assistance
Technical Problem Solving
Approaches technical problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution
Services Account Management
Ensures customer satisfaction and optimum engagement relationships to build and maintain services business within the account
Leverages product and solution knowledge to probe customer needs and identify opportunities for up-selling /cross-selling
Customer Experience Management
Interfaces effectively with customers and internal resources to promote trusted advisor status of HPE within accounts and facilitate uniform account support
HPS Business Value Proposition
Applies an in-depth understanding of HP Services (HPS)/Business Unit (BU) initiatives, goals, and solutions
Client/Customer Relationship Building
Demonstrates client-sensitive practices within the account(s) and internal gate-keeping within HPE to support building strategic trusted advisor status
Uses competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer's buying decisions
HPS/BU Business Context
Understands the market segments sold into, the business challenges addressed by HPS/BU solutions, and HPE’s strategy for market penetration
Understands HPS/BU solutions in area-of-responsibility- what they consist of, product roadmaps, key technology concepts, and the competitive landscape in which they are sold
HPS Solution Interfaces
Understands how services in area-of-responsibility fit within or interface with the sales of other solutions - HPS, other Global/General Business Unit (GBU)s, or HPE's partner strategies
Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization