*JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.2 trillion and operations in more than 100 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.*JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase.
As an Application Support Analyst, you will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and support of several Global Mainframe applications for custody, Securities, fund accounting, securities lending and Derivatives business. You will be part of team that provides 24 x 7 x 365 coverage performing L1 & L2 caliber troubleshooting/triage of incidents, working trouble tickets, completing escalation management, providing monitoring support at the infrastructure, application & middleware layers, and reporting/resolving of incidents for our production environments. Your responsibilities will include root cause analysis, management communication and client relationship management in partnership with the business and technical operations teams.
Key Responsibilities and Typical Duties include the following:
To manage and resolve day-to-day production support issues for a number of mainframe applications that support Securities processing throughout the world:
* Incident and problem management
* To update key control systems according to procedure and in a timely manner (within JPM these include Alacrity/ConQuest/HPSM, EPV, ITSM)
* To create and update “run book” documentation for the supported applications as required
* To participate in Critical Site Tests for supported applications
* Participates in post incident reviews for client impacting incidents.
Experience - Required:
* Experience with an IBM zSeries Mainframe environment
* Knowledge of z/OS, JCL, TSO/ISPF
* Proficient usage and knowledge of COBOL/Natural
* Proficient usage and knowledge of DB2/Adabas and VSAM
* Knowledge of CONTROLM/CA7/ZEKE scheduling tools
* Experience working with all types of data files including Generation Data Groups, VSAM, Partitioned, and Physical Sequential files
* Working knowledge of JCL and batch job execution in a mainframe environment including use of Procedures.
* Ability to learn/use File-AID for browsing file data.
* Knowledge/experience with SyncSort.
* Experience with CICS for online application functionality support.
* Experience with MQSeries communications.
* Knowledge of NDM/sFTP transmission protocols.
Experience - Desirable:
* Knowledge of relevant businesses such as custody, fund accounting, clearance, securities lending, cash management and alternative investments (e.g. derivatives and hedge funds) or the organisations that use these services
* Previous exposure to application support
* ITIL Certification
* Any non-mainframe IT experience is a bonus
* Excellent proven problem-solving skills
* Logical, able to think outside the box
* Good interpersonal and customer-facing skills
* Strong written communication skills
* Flexible, co-operative and resilient
* Able to work effectively under pressure and frequently changing priorities
* The mission-critical nature of these globally-used applications means that on occasion it will be necessary for the successful candidate to work extended hours at short notice to help see an incident through to resolution.
* To enable an effective response to off-hours incidents a call-out rotation is maintained across the wider team. The successful candidate will be expected to be part of this rotation
* Minimum 5 years experience
* Understanding of the fundamentals of the financial services and operations industry
* Effectively leverages knowledge to understand and address typical customer issues
* Must have excellent organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills
* Must be able to meet deadlines and adjust productivity to support peak volumes
* Must be able to follow outlined processes and procedures accurately
* PC skills (Microsoft office proficiency Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
* Must be able to work in a teamwork environment with a diverse group
**Job:** **Technology Operations*
**Organization:** **CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANK*
**Title:** *Applications Support Analyst*
**Location:** *IN-MH-Mumbai-Ventura / 32093*
**Requisition ID:** *170012253*