Would you like to be part of a world class IT org that is leading the way in terms of bringing real-time IT to customers? Are you passionate about taking on big challenges and delivering industry-leading enterprise systems? Do you enjoy partnering with business owners across Microsoft to solve challenging customer problems? Do you have a proven ability to work in a results-driven environment that is focused on routinely shipping high value systems? Are you recognized by your peers as someone driving a tight ship, collaborating with others and leading with innovative solutions? Then Microsoft IT can well be THE place for you. Microsoft IT will help Microsoft achieve its full potential by transforming it into a Real-Time Enterprise, delighting customers & inspiring the industry with our use of Microsoft technology.
Microsoft IT- India practices process methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Six Sigma to improve its operational excellence and efficiency. It's the state-of-the art, leading edge Microsoft technologies along with the world-class process rigor that makes it an employer of choice. MSIT-India has grown to deliver almost 50% of Microsoft IT applications requirements. Besides, it also manages Microsoft's global data centers, corporate network, 10,000+ servers and various other infrastructure management activities from Hyderabad.
We Deliver IT Solutions and Services that drive Innovation and Business Value.
High level overview
The Enterprise Commerce Service Offering team in MSIT is looking for Software Engineers with a strong track record who are in search of an exciting environment, work with cutting edge technologies, supporting next generation products and services, has great development skills, a passion for quality, and is excited to help build incredible, engineering solutions with stellar customer experiences. and want the chance to make an impact to Microsoft’s licensing business that enables thousands of customers and millions of end users. EC systems are key revenue earners through small, medium and large enterprises and enables product launches like Windows 8, Office and Windows products. We develop and support many of the Microsoft web and back-end applications that support Volume License contract management, benefits, pricing, order acceptance and fulfillment. To do this effectively we must design, engineer, test, support build and deployment high-ROI applications to enable efficient execution of Microsoft programs. Volume Licensing under Enterprise Commerce teams have deep passion for key Microsoft technologies such as .NET/SQL Server/WCF/REST APIs etc. We engineer & build highly scalable and high performing technical solutions to solve some of the most complex business problems around licensing. Great work environment, leading technologies and engineering process, delivery of high-end mission critical applications, high commitment to its customers and partners allow the employees to realize their full potential.
Candidates must have an understanding of .NET Framework & SQL in a development environment including Visual Studio.NET in a team setting. The candidate must have experience in using various configuration management tools including VSTS and should be proficient in object-oriented design and development and have experience in C#, ASP.NET, T-SQL, and web based application design and
development. They should have very good understanding and knowledge of web based service design, W3C standards, .NET, SQL Technologies, and understand distributed systems design patterns. Experience in creating internet scale web services is a must.
Candidates should be adept at working cross-group with other teams, as our development projects are often coordinated with other teams around the world.
Responsibilities and Common tasks include
* Work closely with business and IT partners during early SDLC phases to understand the business capabilities and goals for the program
* Develop engineering artifacts such as Logical Data Model, System Conceptual model, Component Interaction Model etc
* Develop design and technology prototypes to prove out concepts, as required
* Bring efficiencies to the Envisioning and Design phases of complex projects, and gain business and Solutions Delivery trust as a technical authority.
* Create windows and web services based on the Microsoft platform.
* Create data access modules based on ADO.NET Entity Framework, LINQ.
* Create data tier artifacts including Views, Stored procedures, SSIS packages.
* Understand the existing systems, while analyzing upstream and downstream system impacts.
Desired Educational qualification: BE/BTech/MCA or equivalent
* Required (Must Have)
* Overall 8+ years of hands-on development experience
* 6+ years of hands-on C# development experience
* Should have strong programming skill with ability to write optimized and reusable code.
* Demonstrated experience developing enterprise applications using Object Oriented Programming, .NET Framework, ASP.NET and SQL Server programming.
* Should be Proficient on following areas of .NET(.Net 2.0 or above)
* In coding C#, ASP.NET
* Development of Windows services, Web services, SOAP, WFC services
* Development of Data Access Modules using ADO.NET, Linq, Entity Framework
* Debugging/troubleshooting in .Net
* Should have good experience/knowledge on following.
* Windows Presentation Foundation / Silverlight.
* Should have following design skills
* Proficiency in OOP
* Proficiency in Normalization & RDBMS Design
* Knowledge on Design patterns
* Knowledge on Unit testing Patterns
* Should have Experience/Knowledge on following Engg Practices
* Experience/Knowledge of Various SDLC Processes
* Experience/Knowledge on UT Automation, Unit testing framework: Nunit, Dependency Injection Frameworks etc.
* Experience/Knowledge on Requirement/Design/Code Review & Inspections
* Experience/Knowledge on Estimation Practices: Effort and Schedule
o Other Skills:
* Demonstrated experience working with global development teams
* Good communication and collaboration skills
* Good Interpersonal Awareness
* Proven ability to deliver according to schedule and work effectively in ambiguous situations
* Ability to learn new technology in short time.
* Strong Analytical Skill.
* Nice to Have
o Experience/Knowledge on Build/Packaging Automation and tools around it. Ex: MS build/Team build/WIX
o Exposure to Dev metrics - Code Metrics, FX COP, Defect Density, Code Coverage, Review Effectiveness, Defect Removal Efficiency ect
o Knowledge of development with ASP.NET MVC/ MVP/MVVM
o Knowledge of Windows Identity Foundation / STS
o Knowledge on WCF RIA Services, Reactive Extensions, OData, REST
o Knowledge on Microsoft Azure Technologies
Information technology (IT) & operations