2013-12-22

“The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn't for any religious reasons. They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.”

― Jay Leno

“Christmas doesn't come from a store, maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more....”

― Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

“How many observe Christ's birthday! How few, His precepts!”

― Benjamin Franklin

474 likes like

“I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.”

― Charles Dickens

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder

“Christmas can be celebrated in the school room with pine trees, tinsel and reindeers, but there must be no mention of the man whose birthday is being celebrated. One wonders how a teacher would answer if a student asked why it was called Christmas.”

― Ronald Reagan

“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?”

― Bob Hope

“Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.”

― Charles M. Schulz

“Oh look, yet another Christmas TV special! How touching to have the meaning of Christmas brought to us by cola, fast food, and beer.... Who'd have ever guessed that product consumption, popular entertainment, and spirituality would mix so harmoniously? ”

― Bill Watterson, The Essential Calvin and Hobbes

“I heard the bells on Christmas Day

Their old, familiar carols play,

And wild and sweet

The words repeat

Of peace on earth, good-will to men!”

― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“Want to keep Christ in Christmas? Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, forgive the guilty, welcome the unwanted, care for the ill, love your enemies, and do unto others as you would have done unto you.”

― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience

123 likes like

“Then she saw a star fall, leaving behind it a bright streak of fire. “Someone is dying,” thought the little girl, for her old grandmother, the only one who had ever loved her, and who was now dead, had told her that when a star falls, a soul was going up to God.”

― Hans Christian Andersen, The Little Match Girl

“When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things - not the great occasions - give off the greatest glow of happiness.”

― Bob Hope

“A man wrapped up in himself always suffocates. But his loved ones will forever hold in their hearts the memory of that Christmas.”

― Bauvard, Some Inspiration for the Overenthusiastic

“My parents always said that knowledge was the best gift they could give me, probably because they were too cheap to buy me Christmas or Birthday presents.”

― Jarod Kintz, There are Two Typos of People in This World: Those Who Can Edit and Those Who Can't

Show more