The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food and nutritional security, increase prosperity and encourage sound natural resource management in ACP countries. It facilitates access to information and knowledge; supports evidence-based, multi-stakeholder development of agricultural policies and strategies; promotes inclusive value chain development and use of ICTs and strengthens the capacities of agricultural and rural development institutions and communities.
CTA has an opening for an intern within the Policies, Markets & ICTs (PMI) Programme. CTA’s mandate puts emphasis on facilitating access, exchange and dissemination of information in the fields of agriculture and rural development. The PMI Programme plays a critical role in the realization of the above. The intern will work as a member of the PMI team. He will assist in developing and implementing CTA’s work on agricultural value chain finance.
Under the guidance and supervision of the PMI Programme Manager, the intern will perform the following tasks:
a. Support in the organization of a major conference on “Revolutionizing finance for agricultural value chains” to be held in 2014, including:
· Support in the development of the agenda, including contacting speakers, writing session summaries, etc;
· Assistance in the preparation of briefing files on key issues;
· Assistance in the organization of various online/social media activities in support of the conference;
· Contribution to reporting and evaluations.
b. Contribution to other finance for agricultural value chain activities:
· Support in the implementation of activities on financing of agricultural value chains;
· Assistance in the preparation of briefing files on agricultural finance issues for other CTA meetings;
· Other tasks as requested by the Programme Manager.
Academic qualifications and experience
· Recent graduate, 22-29 years of age;
· Graduate from university or a similar institution of higher education in agriculture, finance, management or related field;
· Knowledge of agricultural development issues; familiarity with African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries is a plus;
· Thorough knowledge of one of the Centre’s two working languages (French or English) and a satisfactory knowledge of the other one;
· Strong computer skills;
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
· Internship stipend;
· Medical coverage is provided for the duration of the internship.
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail. Applications should include:
· A letter of motivation (maximum one page);
· An up-to-date CV, preferably EUROPASS format;
· A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
· Two letters of recommendation and / or references.
Applications submitted by email should be sent to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the “Subject” of the email the title ‘PMI value chain finance internship application’. Deadline for applications: 13 December 2013.
Only Nationals of ACP and EU countries will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.