2014-12-27

There's quite a lot of new members here, and some (being beginners) do not often know where to start with their magickal pathworking. We know this is a long thread - but we felt it nessesary. These two rites is a good starting point, and for those who are curious - enjoy...

-------

CAIRNS:

Cairns are rooted in the Earth but project upward to the sky, symbolically respresenting the interconnection of the physical and spiritual realms. They are places of power, concentrating the energy of the stones in the intent of the person who created them. For casting a circle, cairns can be built at the four points (North, South, East, West) using no less than 9 stones each. Each stone is charged individually with intent. When all the stones are placed, concentrate your intent upon the cairn - in short, just stack stones heaped in a pyramid shape, then charge it with your intent.

Earth - North

Fire - South

Air - East

Water - West

-------

Now for the rite.

The rite is better done in a natural enviroment such as a forest, field, glen or woods etc.

1) Create cairn circle.

2) Stand in centre, face East...call upon the Element of Air.

3) Face South, call upon the Element of Fire.

4) Face West, Call upon the Element of Water.

5) Face North, call upon the Element of Earth.

6) Face East again and trace the Invoking Pentagram of Earth with your right index finger over the cairn. Make the pentagram glow green. Invoke Earth as follows:

"I invoke the power of Earth. I invoke the power of Gaia."

Do the same with all other cardinals.

7) Stand in the centre of the circle, look at the heavens and say:

"I invoke the power of my Eternal Spirit, I invoke the power of Gaia."

8) Invision the pentagrams being lit in bright green and beams coming from them - surrounding you in their brilliant green light as all the beams meet at the top of your head.

9) Feel the power flowing through you, rooting you to the Earth.

10) Face North and say:

"I come here today to unite with Mother Earth and to invoke the power of Gaia. With Her She brings new Life, Power and Change. I invoke you Gaia."

11) Turn East and say:

"I invoke the Airy nature of Earth, free-flowing but still solid and strong, I invoke you Gaia."

12) Turn South and say:

"I invoke the Fiery nature of Earth, infernal creation through distruction. I invoke you Gaia."

13) Turn West and say:

"I invoke the Watery nature of Earth, subtle in movement and vast of power. I invoke you Gaia."

14) Turn to North and say:

"I invoke the True nature of Earth - solid, grounding and powerful. I invoke you Gaia."

15) Move to the centre of the cairn circle, still facing North...then say:

"Mother Earth, Gaia - Your child speaks to You! I ask for Your help, guidance, power and protection. You are Nature, You are Divine, You are my Blood and Flesh - I seek spiritual unity with You in All Your forms. Gaia, I invoke you...come into me! This is my Will and Power. it is done, it is so!" Repeat this as many times needed.

16) Leave a sacrifice or offering in Her honour. (Fruit, Milk, Blood Sacrifice, a personal item of yours etc)

-------

WORKING WITH THE ELEMENTS

Different schools might vary on opinion - this is just the bare basics as far as Elemental definitions go.

1) The Earth element is used to influence a person.

2) The Water element is used for dealing with love, the third-eye, emotions etc.

3) The Fire element is for accomplishing a specific goal - a more aggressive approach.

4) The Air element is for mental creativity, inspiration etc.

IMPLEMENTING THE ELEMENTS

Fire

Take a cloth or paper, wet with condenser (blood, spit, water etc). Place this in front of you. Light a red candle - concentrate on your intent while staring into the candle flame. Clearly form a picture of the thoughts in your mind and see this thought enter the cloth or paper - starting to glow with a red aura. When your concentration is waning, the cloth or paper is empowered. Burn the cloth or paper in the candle flame. While it burns, concentrate on your desire. The fire releases the charge and releases it with the Element.

Air

Take a small metal container, fill it half full with rain water. Add 3 drops of either blood, spit or urine. Hold container over a flame or heat-source and concentrate on your desire as you gaze into the water. As the steam begins to rise, envision your desire being carried up and off into the Element. Do do until the water has evaporated.

Water

Take a container and fill it half full with rain, sea, river or dam water. Add 3 drops of Universal Condenser (blood, spit, urine) and 3 drops of rubbing alcohol. Impregnate the water with your concentrated desire: Place your forefingers and thumbs against one-another...forming an upward-facing triangle. Once this is done, pour the mixture out into a moving body of water.

Earth

Your concentration is centred on the Universal Condenser (blood, spit, urine) - which you place into a jar filled with either water or earth. Then it is poured out directly over a preselected spot of Earth or a hole dug at the roots of a Northern-facing tree. This being directly absorbed by the element of Earth.

Note: Just leave a small offering outside for each of the Elements you work with. These Elements are linked to Elemental Spirits, and in magick - you don't get anything for nothing.

-------

Show more