Job: Information Architect / User Experience Lead
Posted on: 10/11/2014
Information Architect / User Experience Lead
Your challenge – as Information Architect / User Experience Lead:
Ready for an entirely fresh start, where you set the vision for a new software tool from the ground up?
This is an opportunity to bring your experience to an open source provider with big aspirations. Your challenge is to deliver a user experience that is effortless and cohesive, reaching the standard you have always wished for!
Your role – as Information Architect / User Experience Lead:
We need you to take a holistic view – research, strategy, architecture, design and implementation – across all points where a user may experience our product, its documentation and our website. You will take ownership of this function, backed by our VP’s of engineering and marketing – with the tools, resources and budget to achieve excellence.
This is a hands-on role, requiring empathy with our technical user base and credibility with our engineering team. You can anticipate a collaborative approach where you are a voice for the customer to influence design and improvement.
We think this role will be most rewarding for a fresh, energetic UX professional: the user should be happy to find simple, clear and jargon-free help waiting for them whenever they need it, backed by an experience that lasts.
About you – as Information Architect / User Experience Designer:
* You can achieve best practice in UX and Interaction Design, using the right tools
* You may not consider yourself a Visual Designer, but can influence the aesthetic process
* You are experienced in the UX of software tools, API’s or programmable aspects of a software product
* You are technical and have written code before – perhaps as a hobby project
* You are analytical – competent interpreting data and other measures
* You are also resourceful, open-minded and comfortable with high visibility deliverables
* You may be considering jobs such as: Head of User Experience | Lead Information Architect | User Experience Architect | User Experience Manager
Salary and benefits:
* £50,000 – £75,000+ (negotiable)
* Discretionary relocation assistance
* 25 days + bank holidays | flexible hours | remote working | pension | Cyclescheme | good coffee | on site restaurant
Open source provider of distributed systems, storage and cluster management tools whose product solves complex data and container problems for engineers worldwide. With a relaxed can-do culture and a flat management structure, our global team has the leadership, engineering capability, market opportunity and investment to make significant impact. After 5 years in R&D, we need your help as we take our first product to market and scale to deliver. Consistently high-quality user experience is a top priority, recognised across the company.
Central Bristol; near Temple Meads station and commutable from Bath, Chippenham, Reading, Swindon etc.
Please talk with techfolk, our recruitment partner, to find out more:
0117 318 2447 | firstname.lastname@example.org | @we_are_techfolk
Location: South West England
Experience level: Mid-level (3-5 yrs)
Salary: £50,000 – £75,000+ pa (negotiable)
Role type: Permanent
Posted by: Andrew Gifford
Phone: 0117 314 2447