Bachelor’s degree in related field with six years of auditing or related experience.
Certification from audit or healthcare industry related professional organization to include CPA, CISA, CIA or equivalent.
Performs and/or supervises the performance of audits and consulting engagements and in accordance with professional standards.
Commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
**MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:**
* Demonstrates an understanding of internal control concepts, industry frameworks (e.g.,COSO), and the ability to apply them to plan, perform, and report on the evaluation of business controls/processes.
* Demonstrates an understanding of professional auditing standards.
* Plans the scope of the engagement and the audit procedures to be used.
* Performs or supervises the performance of structured and creative analysis of current processes to identify opportunities to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
* Utilizes or supervises the utilization of data analysis software to conduct audit testing.
* Interviews key personnel to gain an understanding of processes and corroborate preliminary results of audit observations and data analysis.
* Documents audit work in an organized, accurate, and concise manner that supports the conclusions reached regarding audit objectives.
* Trains staff and creates a positive learning and working environment through delegation, coaching of staff and review of their work.
* Prepares draft reports and makes presentations to management as needed.
* Monitors implementation dates of audit recommendations; prepares and sends follow-up reminders to clients; and, validates the completion of management action plans.
* Builds client relationships through professionalism, facilitative communications, and constructive responses to client needs.
* Demonstrates initiative, productivity, and the ability to prioritize own work and that of the engagement team to meet audit timelines and budgeted project hours.
* Reads literature, attends training, and other functions to keep abreast of regulatory changes and guidance and other developments related to healthcare, research, and higher education.
* Performs other duties as assigned, including involvement with departmental and institutional improvement teams and task forces, training initiatives, and other program support activities.
* Must possess critical and analytical thinking skills.
* Outstanding documentation and attention to detail.
* Strong skills in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal skills as well as effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Must demonstrate initiative, diplomacy, tact and a professional demeanor.
* Must possess effective time management skills.
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time
*Job Title:* Senior Internal Auditor - Audit Services
*Job ID:* 53185
*Business Unit:* PRESD