2016-07-28

Australian Student applying to both the US and the UK!!!

Follow

1 Hour Ago
1 hour ago

Hey everyone!

So, I’m an Aussie student from Sydney and found that this is the page for UK students to turn to, so hopefully you guys can help me out.

I’ve decided to do my A Levels and SATs, I really want to move out of Australia for studies, get a whole different feel. I got A*AA in Economics, Maths and English Literature and an SAT score of 2290. I’m now leaning more towards the UK to be quite frank.

It’s sad how I’ve only got 5 options to choose from for the UK. Whenever I go to my school’s international university prospectus day, they always name the 10 following universities: Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, LSE, Warwick, UCL, Durham, Bristol, Edinburgh and KCL. I understand that these are the strongest UK competing universities so I guess I have to choose from them. Our strongest school alumnae went to them.

I feel like I am going to apply for Oxford, Warwick, Bristol, UCL and LSE. But, since these are such strong universities, is it a risk to go for all of them? I heard about clearing, can someone explain that more to me? I mean, I have the grades already- but should I replace some of these strong options with weaker universities like Manchester, Southampton, Leeds, Sheffield etc? I mean, I know many people who got into those with low grades?

If Oxford reject me (going for PPE, what college should I go for?), I think I’ll go for Warwick or LSE- they seem to have the strongest Economics reputations out of the 4. Might be leaning towards Warwick since they have students from all different degrees.

If there are any economics students at these uni’s that I’m applying for, how are you finding it? What is the Uni like?

Also, how are international students represented and catered for at each of these unis?

Thank you for reading xxoxoxoxooo

Show more