2014-03-24

Georgia man says he's too handsome to be rapist

He's so good-looking, a man accused of rape, kidnapping, carjacking and weapon possession claims, his alleged victim willingly had sex with him.

BY DEBORAH HASTINGS
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Saturday, March 22, 2014, 12:07 PM

A

A

A

[TD="class: gig-button-td"]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

SHARE THIS URL

The rape re-trial of Darrious Mathis began this week in Cobb County, Ga., where defense attorneys claimed he is so good looking, his alleged victim willingly engaged in sex with him.

PreviousNext
Enlarge

WSBTV

There's no way he could rape anyone, says an accused Georgia man. He's just too good looking.
His alleged victim willingly had sex with him, no matter the charges of sexual assault, carjacking and weapon possession that have been filed against him, he claims.
The woman took the witness stand this week to relive a night nearly three years ago when she made a late-night stop at a CVS store in Austell, Ga.
There, she testified, Darrious Mathis abducted her at gunpoint, drove her to neighboring Atlanta, and raped her.
"He had told me to get in the car and I actually begged him to take my car," she told the court. "I had pushed my wallet that was in my hand and my keys toward him and I was like 'Please take my car. You can take my cards and everything,''' she said.
Mathis was tried in September for the same attack, but the judge declared a mistrial after jurors deliberated for four days, a period that was longer than the trial, and deadlocked 11 to 1 for a conviction.
His attorneys are using the same defense in the re-trial, which began Wednesday. Mathis says he was pimping pain pills in the parking lot and never pointed a gun at the woman.
"He walked up to her with a bottle of Vicodin and said, 'Wanna buy some pills? She said, 'Sure, get in. We'll go to the ATM,''' said defense attorney Carter Clayton.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1730387

Show more