2013-10-20

I sold off my Polaris 500 and Ranger 800 to pay off some bills a while back. I've diligently been saving and now have a $7500 spending limit. I'm looking for a mid bore Sport Utility ATV. I'm looking for opinions.

I enjoyed my Sportsman 500, but they are gone in favor of the 570 with EFI, a new mill that is "untested", so I'm hesitant. I don't like buying 1st (or even 2nd year new models). I'd like to have EFI and power steering (don't knock it until you try it).

I'm currently looking at the Honda Foreman and Foreman Rubicon, but prefer IRS and EFI, which neither one have in combination. I looked at the Rancher IRS, but too small. I need a full sized quad.

I've also looked at the sportsman 550, Grizzly 550 but are expensive for what you get. Yamaha 450 is carbed, but can get EPS but is too small.

Kawasaki no longer has the 650. BF 750 is over 10k!

Suzuki model is also up there in price, but none at the local dealer for me to look at, only the 750 axi. Again, too much.

I don't have arctic cat or Can-Am locally.

So I keep coming back to either the Honda foreman ES EPS and forgo IRS, polaris 570 with an unproven mill, Polaris 800EFI with no PS, or ?

Above all I want reliability. I'm not overly concerned with top speed. The new 2014 Foreman now has a locking front diff. I'd really like to have a 2" receiver if possible, but a 1-1/4" will work.

It seems no one makes the perfect quad for me. What does everyone suggest. I'm open to suggestion and am not brand loyal with ATVs.

Show more