Pinned onto Free Online Competitions
Road to the Horse Giveaway
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary.
2. The Road to the Horse giveaway (“Giveaway”) opens at 8 a.m. AEST on 7 November 2013 and closes at 11:59 p.m. AEST on 31 January 2014. The Promoter of this Giveaway is John Deere Limited Australia. The Giveaway is subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Promoter.
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia and New Zealand who attend EQUITANA Sydney 2013 from 7 to 10 November 2013 and are 18 years of age or older when they enter the Giveaway, or to residents of Australia and New Zealand who register online at www.JohnDeere.com.au/RoadtotheHorse or www.JohnDeere.co.nz/RoadtotheHorse by 11:59 p.m. AEST on 31 January 2014.
4. Employees of John Deere Limited, John Deere dealers, EQUITANA, Double Dan Horsemanship, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, and their families and friends are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, cohabitation, or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. This Giveaway is void where outside Australia.
5. To enter, attendees at EQUITANA Sydney must register at the John Deere Stand between 7 – 10 November 2013, or go online to www.JohnDeere.com.au/RoadtotheHorse or www.JohnDeere.co.nz/RoadtotheHorse and complete all required fields in the Giveaway entry form including but not limited to name, address, age, phone number, and email. One (1) entry per person will be accepted. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and logins, or any other method will void such entries, and that entrant may be disqualified. The Promoter is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind.
6. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. AEST on 31 January 2014. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. Email entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. The promoter is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties, or inability to transmit internet entries. Use of an automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identity and residency of Australia or New Zealand.
7. All qualified entries submitted during the Giveaway period will be combined into a single entry pool. One (1) winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries (subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules). The draw will be conducted at 3:00 p.m. AEST on 3 February 2014 at John Deere Limited, 166 – 170 Magnesium Drive, Crestmead, QLD, Australia 4132. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or email by 4 February 2014. If a selected winner is ineligible, or the Promoter is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call), the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. The winner of the Giveaway will be published in The Australian newspaper the week of 17 February 2013. Once an entrant has been declared a Winner, he or she, or anyone in his or her respective household, shall not be eligible to be a Winner of additional prizes drawn during the Giveaway period. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
8. GRAND PRIZE. The Winner of the Grand Prize will receive:
Hotel accommodation (double occupancy) for Winner and Guest for five (5) nights at the Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa in Lexington, Kentucky, or a hotel selected by the Promoter in its sole discretion, for check-in on 12 March 2014 and check-out on 17 March 2014.
Return economy airfare for two (2) from one of the following Australian or New Zealand airports: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Cairns, Canberra, Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington; to Lexington, Kentucky (approximate total retail value: $7,700 AUD). Dates of travel include departing Australia/New Zealand on 12 March 2014, arriving in Lexington on 12 March 2014; departing Lexington 17 March 2014 and arriving in Australia/New Zealand 19 March 2014.
Entrance to the Road to the Horse, 14-16 March 2014, which includes:
Two arena-centre-front-row tickets (valued at $203.00 each) to see Dan Steers from the Double Dan Horsemanship perform at the Road to the Horse show;
One-year membership to Road to the Horse Nation (valued at $39.95 each);
A “Behind the scenes” tour of Road to the Horse;
Private viewing of the 2014 Remuda;
Private Introductions to Wild Card Challengers and 2014 Road to the Horse Competitors;
Special recognition during opening ceremonies (host introduces, slide on LED board, and ride the sponsor float);
Road to the Horse T-Shirts.
Not included are all transfer fees, cab fees, baggage fees, all meals and beverages, hotel mini-bar charges, hotel telephone charges, internet service charges, international phone calls, international mobile calling plans, and all other travel expenses. Winner and his or her guest are responsible for all incidental expenses and other costs that not specifically states in these rules. The total approximate value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $8,850 AUD. The actual value of certain prize elements may vary depending on date and time of travel, airfare fluctuations, and hotel costs at the time of travel. Therefore, the actual value of the prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and stated “ARV” will not be awarded. Federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary, on dates determined by the Promoter, and must have valid government-issued identification and any other documents necessary for air travel. Winner is responsible for all applicable travel and other insurance, all applicable airport charges, including without limitation, any excess baggage charges, airport taxes, fuel charges, and any applicable Customs or Federal inspection fees. Tickets are not transferable, refundable, or redeemable for cash. Winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a W9 form, and Winner and Guest will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to receiving the Prize. Winner and Guest must travel on dates and times booked by Flight Centre on behalf of the Promoter. If the Road to the Horse show is cancelled, or if the flight is delayed or cancelled, no substitute prizes are available except at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Promoter has the right to change the start and end dates of the Giveaway, without financial or legal Road to the Horse Giveaway Terms & Conditions liability of nature whatsoever. The Promoter shall have the right to substitute the prize at its sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Giveaway made by the Promoter are final and binding.
SECOND PRIZE: Winner will receive (A) two (2) Super Tickets to attend the EQUITANA Melbourne Show between 20 to 23 November 2014 at Melbourne Showgrounds, Melbourne, VIC (approximate total retail value: $650). Show tickets will be based on availability and may change at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Winner and his or her Guest are responsible for all incidental expenses and other costs that are not specifically stated in these Rules. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Second Prize is $650 AUD. The actual value of certain prize elements may vary depending on the costs stated by EQUITANA. Therefore, the actual value of the prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and stated “ARV” will not be awarded. Winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older. Tickets are not transferable, refundable, or redeemable. If the EQUITANA show is cancelled, or postponed, no substitute prizes are available except at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Promoter has the right to change the start and end dates of the Giveaway, without financial or legal liability of nature whatsoever. The Promoter shall have the right to substitute the prize at its sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and Administration of the Giveaway made by the Promoter are final and binding. Equitana Ticket terms and conditions apply.
THIRD PRIZE: One (1) two-day General Admission Family Pass for two (2) adults and two (2) children to attend the EQUITANA Melbourne Show between 20 to 23 November 2014 at Melbourne Showgrounds, Melbourne, VIC (approximate total retail value: $250). Show tickets will be based on availability and may change at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Winner and his or her Guest are responsible for all incidental expense and other costs that are not specifically stated in these Rules. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Second Prize is $250 AUD. The actual value of certain prize elements may vary depending on the costs stated by EQUITANA. Therefore, the actual value of the prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and stated “ARV” will not be awarded. Tickets are not transferable, refundable, or redeemable. If the EQUITANA show is cancelled, or postponed, no substitute prizes are available except at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Promoter has the right to change the start and end dates of the Giveaway, without financial or legal liability of nature whatsoever. The Promoter shall have the right to substitute the prize at its sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and Administration of the Giveaway made by the Promoter are final and binding. Equitana Ticket terms and conditions apply.
9. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS. Entrants agree the Promoter has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Giveaway and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, internet, radio, and television, and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional, or other purposes by Promoter and its affiliates, without additional compensation.
By participating in this Giveaway, you agree to release and hold harmless John Deere, Double Dan Horsemanship, and EQUITANA, and all these companies’ parent corporations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, and employees of all such companies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this Giveaway, and your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.
All federal, state, and local laws apply, and this Giveaway is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, post code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver’s license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Giveaway in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Giveaway is prohibited. The Promoters’ decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Giveaway and selection of the prize winners are final. This Giveaway shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Australian and New Zealand law, excluding choice of law provisions. The Promoter is not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded; including any delay, cancellation, or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Giveaway or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners. By participating in this Giveaway, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to the Giveaway or future similar Giveaways without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law. Neither the failure of the Promoter to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay, or omission by the Promoter in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of the Promoter’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
10. INTERNET. If for any reason, the internet-related portion of this Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security, or integrity of the Giveaway, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Giveaway or any portion of the Giveaway. Any attempt to damage or undermine the fair and legitimate operation of this Giveaway will result in disqualification from the Giveaway. Information submitted in entries, including entrant’s name, address, email, etc. may be used by John Deere Limited Australia, Definitive Events, Double Dan Horsemanship, for marketing or promotional purposes.
12. The promoter is John Deere Limited of 166 – 170 Magnesium Drive, Crestmead, Qld, Australia 4132 A.B.N 21 008 671 725.
13. Permit Numbers: Vic Permit No. 13/634; SA License No. T13/292; ACT Permit No. ACT TP 13/00608; NSW Permit No. LTPS/13/02067.