2015-04-23

What's up, chicken-butt?

Firstly (on PS4) we're dealing with a new Assassins Creed game, since, apparently, Unity didn't quite burn up all the good-will that Blackflag managed to bring back to the series. And so, Assasssins Creed: China is an Assassins Creed game that takes place... in China.

Unless I hear that this version lets you commandeer a damned pirate ship, I feel confident in skipping it.

Before clicking on the link on the PS Blog, I had assumed that Infinity Runner was an auto-running game, in the vein of Canabalt or Temple Run or some such. And then I looked at the product description and screenshots and learned that yes, it probably is. It's honestly kind of hard to tell...

I think you're a werewolf?

LA Cops is set in the 1970s and features police officers from Los Angeles shooting the hell out of criminals.

Due process and all that.

Ziggurat, I am going to be totally honest here, looks like a lot of fun, based on the trailer. Looks like it has a kind of Heretic-meets-Serious Sam vibe and appareently, like all indie games, is a roguelike.

Serious Sam as a Roguelike is an idea I said had legs just a couple of weeks ago, but this time it's been applied to a game that looks enjoyable.

Cross buy on PS4, 3 and Vita (and also the various X-machines, I guess, if anyone has one of those) is (finally) Shovel Knight, which is to happiness what Mega Man 2 was to Joy. Brave Sir Shovel Knight must journey forth and save the besieged kingdom from the evil Enchantress and her eight members of the ORDER OF NO QUARTER. By digging well. By digging very well.

It was not only my favorite game released last year, but it's a solid contender for being My Favorite Game Which is Video.

Finally on the Vita we have Sayonara Umihara Kawase+, a (much improved) port of the 3DS version, Yumis Odd Odyssey. Here;s what our own TheSL had to say about it;

Quote:

Sayonara Umihara Kawase Vita version is pretty nice, btw

has the Super Famicom version bundled in and is $10 cheaper than it was on 3DS

and runs at 60fps instead of 30

He also went on to say;

Quote:

[Bionic Commando] is way more boring

no walking fish

fish with legs > Nazis

And I'm sorry, but the Gameboy Bionic Commando ends with a fight against a Terminator Wizard. Ain't no way no fish is comparing with that.

Moving on to the eShop we have very little, actually (not counting the Mario Kart 8 DLC), and what we begin with is Suspension Railroad Simulator a game that finally allows you to live you everyones childhood dream of operating one of those monorails that hang under the track instead of sitting above it.

No good sir, I'm on the level

Also on the WiiU is a VC game that assumes you want to play Mario Kart, but aren't able or willing to spend the full price for MK8. And to THAT they have offered a just swell Silver Prize in the form of Mario Kart DS, the Second Best Mario Kart. This one had a mission mode races and Snaking!

I... have absolutely no idea if the WiiU port will or will not implement online play.

It's a Feature. Which IS a bug.

And finally on the 3DS we have Cube Creator 3D, which is not Minecraft and which nobody should call Minecraft.

Just so we're clear.

There are those who lead, and those who dig. You dig.

Show more