2015-04-02

Folks, there's a WHOLE FLIPPIN' LOT out this week. And a whole bunch of that Whole Lot is aimed directly at my heartstrings. It's only fair that, in honor of this auspicious occasion, I forgo the usual gifs and pear-monster pictures in favor of what truly matters.

Correspondingly, this week is dedicated to David Coulier.

And on THAT note, we start off on PS4 with Axiom Verge which, like all indie-games, is a pixel-y explore-em-up, or "Metroidvania". However, unlike other indie games, it forgoes the "vania" part of the equation entirely, this is is pure, honest-to-Bailey Metroid. Right down to the creepy, almost-non-existent ambient soundtrack and the glitchy wall-levels and little critters scurrying around the geometry and organs in tubes and everything.

It's also WAY more Giger-y then Metroid.

It's so far up my alley that it's rummaging through my garbage, like a raccoon!

Has a great passion for playing hockey. He is a member of the Celebrity All-Stars squad whose team includes Jason Priestley, Matthew Perry, Alan Thicke, Michael J. Fox, Michael Keaton, and Richard Dean Anderson.

Also up, on PS4 and nothing else is Paperbound which tries to be to independent local-co-op platform/brawlers what other local-co-op platform/brawlers were to Smash Brothers.

It seems to have the guy from Guacamelee in it, if I am interpreting one of the screenshots accurately!

Boasts his comedy routine is clean (without any four letter words) but also states that it isn't as wholesome as Full House

Next up is Rack 'n Ruin, a twin-sticky shoot-the-mans game that has a kind of Zelda-y RPG mechanics and, judging from the screenshots, looks like an updated Pocky & Rocky. Just, instead of a cute little raccoon, you're playing as a devil-skeleton who is going to destroy all civilized planets.

I'm not going to lie... it looks pretty dang swell.

Coulier is pronounced "Cool-Yay"

Toukiden: Kiwami (also on Vita, but not Cross-buy, or even anything close to the same price) is a Monster-Hunter-em-up starring weird Japanese goblins instead of dinosaurs. Things like those umbrellas with sandals. Those are scary, right?

All Umbrelling at you like that.

Spooky.

His children's entertainment company, F3 Entertainment, was founded in early 2001.

Moving on to the PS3 we have Anna, and at this point, in the interest of full disclosure, the Sony website kind of crapped the bed on me, so I have less information then usual with which to not-research things, but it appears to be a spooky-style adventure game where everything changes based on whether or not your pants are scared all the way off or only half-way.

So that's pretty cool.

Introduced Candace Cameron Bure, then his co-star on Full House (1987), to hockey player, and her future husband, Valeri Bure at a charity hockey game

Tabletop Cricket is the sort of game I normally disregard when I have a really big thread like this one, but I couldn't this week because it is Tabletop Cricket and holy crap, I mean really.

Tabletop Cricket.

There is a market for that.

That is wonderful. I love this world.

He has said he is the person Alanis Morissette is singing about in her song "You Oughta Know".

Closing out PSN is a PS1 re-release, and it is Shadow Tower, which I never played before, but IS a game from From Software. The gents who became so popular with You Died: The Game and it's sequels. I guess Sony felt the need to fill the gap between Bloodborne and Dark Souls: The Scholar of First Sin somehow

Imitated various celebrities throughout several episodes of Full House (1987), including Bill Murray, Bob Hope, Walter Brennan, Bill Cosby, Paul Reubens (as Pee-Wee Herman), and Joe Pesci.

Moving on to the eShop we have an embarrassment of riches. How embarrassing? Like, accidentally sneezing on your fiance during your wedding.

Starting with the WiiU eShop we have The Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures, which... I'm going to be honest, kind of caught me off-guard. Really... did not know that that was a thing...

In any case, it's a platformer starring that Internet Celebrity who taught us all that important lesson that swearing cusses at Battletoads is comedy gold.

Is a long-time friend of Anchor Bay High School English instructor Christopher LaMilza, with who has played hockey in the past.

Next up is Psyscrolr which is a title I actually accept as a pun; you see, because it's a sidescroller where you use magical psychokinetic powers you learn from scrolls. It has achieved a double-meaning quite well.

It's also an indie-game so it uses 8-bitty graphics and, in this case, oddly reminds me of Kid Niki: Radical Ninja

A Detroit native, is a huge Red Wings fan, and wore Red Wings jerseys on some episodes of Full House (1987).

Underground is an edutainment game, and, like most edutainment games, it provides a primer you an important, life-changing skill. Most teach how to read or basic math skills.

Underground teaches you how to preform laparoscopic surgery.

No... seriously.

I'm not joking.

It's a puzzle game about robots trying to escape a mine... that is used to teach you how to preform a delicate surgical procedure.

His famous tag line "Come on now, cut-it-out!", complete with hand motions that he became known for during Full House (1987), was actually created before he did that show. He invented the saying while he was on the variety show Out of Control (1984) on Nickelodeon in 1985.

And literally anything else I could possibly list for this weeks update has no choice but to fall flat after that, but I must soldier on anyway. So next is the WiiU VC, and it finally got DS and N64 games! I would normally be WAY more jazzed about that, but... dude, c'mon. An edutainment game about keyhole-surgery is a really hard act to follow. Even if one of the games was one of the codifiers of the platform genre like Super Mario 64.

And especially if one of the games was the completely unimpressive Yoshis Island DS.

Partnered with former Olympic skater Nancy Kerrigan on the TV show Skating with Celebrities (2006).[/FONT]

On the 3DS we have another game that came out of nowhere, and this one I HAVE played a bit and BY GEORGE I like what I've seen of it; it is BOXBOY!, a puzzlatformer about Qbby the Cube using his ability to grow squares out of his head trying to win the heart of the Cube he Loves.

It's a tale as old as time.

You can also unlock more costumes, my Qbby is has sunglasses and a cap on backwards!

Owned a dog named Heckler during his Full House (1987) career.

Excave II: Wizard of the Underworld is the sequel to a game that came out, like, two weeks ago. And it has a hilarious title. It's a JRPG dungeon crawler that offers "a more varied ensemble of terrible foes!"

Co-starring on VH1's The Surreal Life (2003) third season. [September 2004]

On the retail side of the 3DS, we have Story of Seasons which is not called Harvest Moon only because of copyright laws mean that they can't call the games that anymore.

That too, is not a joke. That is literally the case.

Has a son, Luc, born in late November 1990, with ex-wife Jayne Modean.

And finally, at the long and bitter end of this weeks thread is Etrian Mystery Dungeon (out on Tuesday) an RPG that combines two entirely unrelated dungeon crawlers that should, by all rights, be completely incompatible with one another but BY GOD it mashes them together anyway. And, according to the previews I've read, does an extremely good job of mashing them up.

On July 16th, 2010, Coulier rescued an elderly woman while riding his bike in Detroit, Michigan. The woman was walking into oncoming traffic and was nearly hit by a moped. Coulier grabbed the woman and carried her with one arm while riding his bicycle to safety.

And thats all. I hope you enjoyed... David Coulier Facts

Show more