2013-08-16

Register to remove these ads. It's free!

I have a 2011 Suburban with 33k miles. A while back (around 10k miles), my passenger side mirror started going from the settings I had it set to, to the full out position intermittently when using the remote to unlock the doors. I took it to the dealership (Robbins Chevrolet in Houston, TX), and the service manager (Tony) saw it do it himself. They told me to switch remotes (I was using the #2 remote instead of #1, but both of the memories were set to the exact position) and they thought they solved it. It continued to be an issue sparingly, but not all the time. Now, at 33k miles, its doing back to doing it a lot.

I took it back to the dealership today and they have refused to fix the problem because I have a aftermarket Alpine radio installed. When this issue was first brought up, everything was completely factory. Factory radio as well. So, this was an issue before and after a aftermarket radio has been installed.

Not only has the service manager (Tony) has seen this issue himself, the service advisor (Alex) saw the mirror go to the full out position as well today when I brought it in.

Chevrolet is refusing to fix this issue because there is the aftermarket radio installed, even though this issue was occurring before anything extra was put in there. Instead of fixing the problem, they're coming up with excuses and reasons as to why they won't fix it. That is the most frustrating part, I have had this issue before anything was in there, and they refuse to fix it.

I write this to caution any prospective buyers out there that Chevrolet will do anything it can to get away from honoring their warranty. I am in the market for a new truck, but this has steered me far away from buying another GM product.

I don't know where to go from here, I will keep climbing the ladder until I can find someone in GM that can understand that this issue was here before anything extra was put on!

Again, I write this to caution everyone out there from buying a GM product, as they will do ANYTHING to not cover what should be warrantied.

Show more