2015-08-05

Name) Ralic[Ray-Lick] Raye[Ray]

Abilities)

Sakura Axe: Passed down from generation to generation, The Sakura Axe has long been the weapon of choice for every only-child born to the Raye Family. Male or female, all Raye children are taught at a very young age how to handle a blade, but few were able to match the unnerving prowess or ambition young Ralic had displayed. It was decided during this prepubescent training that the boy be presented with the family's finest blade mentioned above. While the composition of the Axe is unknown, many suspect the weapon to be made from pure vegetation and plant-life itself; while some just spew that the weapon is nothing more than expertly crafted metal. Either way, the power this weapon possesses is undeniable.

Spoiler for Sakura Axe Abilities:

Razor Petals: Well, obviously a double-sided axe with petals for blades is gonna be sharp!

Lightweight: The Sakura Axe is extremely lightweight, and can be swung with ease!

Fire Immunity: Despite being a weapon focused around a flower, the Sakura Axe is 100% resistant to fire, lava, or heat damage in general. Ralic, however, is not so conveniently crafted.

Thorn Rose: Upon the wielder's command, The Sakura Axe will embed internal thorns into the next person it cuts. These thorns are tipped with a light toxin, not strong enough to kill but strong enough to numb the area and shut it down if enough thorns are planted.

Refreshing Aroma: The scent of roses has never been more alluring. The Sakura Axe constantly emits a tempting scent in a small radius that can potentially poison the respiratory system of anyone who breathes in the smell for too long. Unfortunately for foes, the Raye family has long built an immunity to the scent.

Bloom & Thrive: Areas of the ground(Not including sand or metal) struck by the Sakura Axe form especially deep digs in the ground from which colossal red rose plants sprout. Over time, these rose plants grow larger and larger, until they eventually bloom and release Spores. The full process is unbelievably short(around 20-30 minutes long) and the plants decay extremely quick(about 10 minutes).

Spores: Spores released from Bloom & Thrive float slowly, but latch onto and sap the strength from whomever they touch. Can be removed by heavy force, but can easily be removed by the Sakura Axe. Strength sapped can be absorbed through the rose bud on the end of the Sakura Axe, empowering the strength of the toxin in thorns produced by Thorn Rose. See? Everything works together to live together!

Axe Proficiency: Ralic is a skilled axe user, whether he likes it or not. Naturally adept at cleaving his foes, The Sakura Descendant has to try very little to control the Axe at his disposal, and can even effectively wield the weapon with a single hand.

Unorthodox Fighting Style: Ralic isn't too great in terms of hand-to-hand combat, but can hold his own against a single enemy. He works out and trains often, sure, but barely works out them hands in fist-fights, preferring peace over punches. With all of that being said, Ralic has developed his own fighting style over the years that utilizes his head, hands, feet, and...pelvic area.

Disease Resistant: Any idea how many infectious bugs and bacteria try and cling to a weapon resembling a gigantic rose? You'd be surprised. Disappointed, a wide number of bugs have turned to Ralic for the next best thing to feast on. Fortunately, Ralic and many family members before him have built up a very strong immune system!

Human: A double-edged sword, mortality. Ralic is in fact human, and thus has many of the benefits that come along with humanity. Ralic is actually relatively smart compared to most people and can even be considered a skilled tactician, while also being fit enough to keep running/fighting for hours on end.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weaknesses)

Close Quarters Focused: Ralic, aside from his Spores(which travel painfully slow), has no gap-closing abilities or ranged attacks, making him extremely weak against enemies based around range. Although he DOES thrive in sustained combat, he does get the chance too if kept at a range. He could always throw his Sakura Axe but then he's out a weapon soooooo...

Theft: Ralic's Sakura Axe can be picked up and used against him, though the weapon does have a pretty significant learning curve. You can't just call out it's abilities like you're part of some anime.

Human: Ralic himself is only human(with some slight resistances built up here and there), and is thus vulnerable to many of the same things as you and me. Bleeding out, fire, drowning, etc. He does indeed get tired(though it takes awhile), he does indeed get knocked out, and he can in fact experience fear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story)

Spoiler for Story:

“It was 8 Years ago that the boy demonstrated his strength, Fritz. He has yet to pick up a blade since his training! If you think for a second that I am going to allow your son, the famed 'prodigy', to just up and take our most prized armament then you have another thing coming!" Sour, rancid...foul. These are the words even the most common of man would use to describe Master Donivan's breath as he spews his disdain for his very own flesh and blood: his nephew, Ralic. Fritz, the boy's father, straightens his tie and darts his pale brown eyes in the direction of his son. For once, he is glad to see the boy slouched in such a disrespectful manner. Fritz rubs his scruffy grey beard and rises to his feet from the mahogany chair he has so lazily been seated in, looking Donivan in the eye as he gets well within breathing distance of the man's breath.

“As my older brother, Don, you cannot mean what you say. You saw how my son handled his sparring partners. Damn near killed two of them with a mere training axe. I have been telling The Family for years that my son is destined to wield The Sakura Axe, and I will not allow you to stand in his way. We face poverty once more, Don. We are trying our hardest to do this the legal way, YOUR way, but it isn't enough. It isn't paying the bills. It isn't putting food on the table. We have so many branches of The Family breaking away, but there is still time to save it. I'm not saying that my way is right, but it is our only option. I'm much too old and you're much too uptight." Fritz licks his lips just before speaking, making sure that his words are clear and audible for his brother. Master Donivan just stares his younger sbliing right back in the eye, and for a second, their pale brown pupils flash a shade of darker chocolate.

“Ey, he's kinda right, Uncle Don. You ARE pretty uptight." Ralic pipes in, removing a single earbud from the side of his head. The boy yanks down his grey hoodie and sits up straight before speaking again.

“But I need you to listen to me too, Dad. I don't want to do this. All my life you've been telling me that what I do is wrong, and now you want me to go out and steal anyway? But it's all good, right? 'Cuz it's in the name of The Family?" Ralic is chuckling now, but his father's gaze does not leave his Uncle's face. Unnerved, Ralic simply shuts up and shoves the earbud back in his brown ear before staring back down at the marble floors beneath his clean shoes.

“This. Is not. A game. Anymore." Fritz removes a small cloth from his back pocket and wipes his dripping forehead. 2 hours he's been at this, and Don has shown no signs of conformity thus far. Ralic has been no help either. Perhaps it would be better to try again later in the morning. Fritz diverts his gaze from Master Donivan, shooting Ralic a sharp and disappointed glance as he turns and walks out of the finely decorated room. Ralic meets the look with an emotionless expression, and finally stands up from his seat before turning away from his Uncle's tired, but rotted expression.

“Great talk. If you need me, I'll be hanging out downtown." Ralic calls as he springs down the spiral staircase, each step like a symphony of life echoing throughout the vacant mansion.

--------------------------------------4 Hours Later-----------------------------------------------------

What does a peacekeeper do when he is forced to take up arms?

Ralic approaches the mansion he has called home for many years, slipping his hand under the fake rock beside the road as he retrieves a key for the back gate.

Piss. But where could it have...?, Ralic's mind races as he reaches for an absent means of entering his own home. Someone else must have been out late, only Family members have knowledge of the hidden keys.

Guess we get in the hood way, Ralic sighs silently to himself, pulling his grey hoodie over his head as his fingers dig into the withering brick walls surrounding the mansion. Fritz was supposed to have them touched up about a week ago, the boy recalls as he scales the mansion walls, chuckling at his father's forgetful nature. Somehow, however, the old man still remembers Ralic's training with so much detail that it's almost freaky. Hmm.

Finally reaching the Armory window, Ralic lifts up the long sawed-through steel bars and slips easily into the open window, his hoodie nearly getting caught on the bars of the narrow opening in the fortress that was his home. The instant his feet hit the marble floors, Ralic is ambushed by the scent of gunpowder, steel, and wood alike. Taking it all in, the boy strides over to his usual corner and slumps down beside the thin titanium walls lining the room. Now he waits 2 hours for the cleaning lady to open the metal door so he can slip out.

OHMYGOD!, Ralic screams to himself, squeezing his eyes shut as hard as he can. He can't sleep. Rubbing his face with both hands, the boy stills himself and nearly plays dead in an attempt to drift from consciousness. Nothing. Giving up, Ralic rises to his feet and explores the Armory. He'd been in there more than a million times, and nothing was really new to him, but it felt refreshing to know just how well armed his old man and The Family are. Just one of many, the Armory truly is a place where Ralic feels safe, despite his hatred for violence.

*BOOM*

In an instant, Ralic's nostalgia is replaced by intense fear. Though he doesn't want to believe it, danger has found it's way to the boy's home.

An explosion? Inside?, Ralic's heart races as the boy drops the the floor and presses his ear against the cold marble floor with force threatening to deafen the teenage boy. Voices are present, but inaudible, and he can barely make out whether they are male or female, but the depth suggests male. Ralic scrambles off of the floor and looks around the Armory, searching for something to help him listen in on the commotion.

No luck.

Ralic desperately grabs a maul from its perch and slams the weapon across the face off the steel door without thinking. Not enough force. No impact. No results. He tries once more, throwing everything he has into the next strike.

*Thud*

Barely a dent. Ralic drops the weapon and slumps down in exhaustion, he can hear footsteps rushing up the stairs towards the Armory, but notices more than one pair. The hooded teen is just about ready to call to the footsteps, when the device at the side of his jeans begins to vibrate violently.

Grab the Axe and run away from the mansion come home tmrw around midnight. I love you and don't be afraid no matter what happens. Sincerely, Dad., Ralic stares at the message for what seems like minutes before a heavy thump bangs against the steel door of the Armory.

“That's a big fucking dent!" Ralic whispers sharply to himself, rising to his feet and rushing towards the back of the Armory. There it is as always. The Sakura Axe. Ralic punches through the glass protecting it, promptly setting off the alarm. Ignoring the blaring annoyance, the boy also shrugs off the pain of glass shredding his hands and reaches straight for the Axe. Surprisingly light, Ralic rips the Sakura Axe from its cell before turning JUST as a large automaton bursts through the Armory's metal door. Eight legs. Resembles a spider...centaur...thing...disgusting. Ralic lifts the Sakure Axe and readies a rusty, but viable stance as the metal arachnid charges forward.

Ok...let's see what I got!, Ralic rushes the robot spider in response, sliding under all eight legs just as the Automaton attempts the grasp hold of the boy's torso. Once behind the large contraption, Ralic is instantly met with a web of chains linked together as if a chain mail vest. With more force than necessary, Ralic cleaves the chains and is almost sent flying due to the light weight of his new weapon, only being stopped by a large suit of metal armor. The massive spider, attempting hopelessly to turn around in such tight quarters, is much too slow for the teen, quickly having its hind legs chopped to bits before it can get the chance to make its full rotation.

“The crash came from up here!" An unfamiliar voice echoes from down the hallway, and Ralic quickly sees that the explosion was caused by unwelcome guests. Looking for a way out, Ralic panics and readies a stance. He doesn't want to kill these people, but he will if it mea-

Isn't there a window open behind me?, Ralic lowers his axe and sighs before turning around rushing the open window behind him. No time to gingerly climb down, Ralic lifts up the metal bars and leaps from the 3rd floor Armory! He crosses the fingers of his open hand and shuts his eyes tight as his body is caught cleanly by the once neatly trimmed hedges outside of his home.

“Thank the Lord!" He calls, rolling out of the bush and narrowly landing on the Sakura Axe he now wields. Funny how things turn out, but this means nothing right now.

Ralic slides the handle of his new weapon down the back of his grey hoodie and rests the face of the weapon against the back of his head as he takes off down the hill of The Family's 2nd out of 13 mansions. Sun's rising, and the intruders will be after me, I'm sure. Whoever has done this is going to pay. Nobody messes with The Family...not like this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TO BE CONTINUED]

Appearance)

Spoiler for Appearance:

Ralic is an African-American teenage male around the age of 16 with flat, wavy black hair and dark brown eyes. His build is above average with a strong core and broad shoulders, though his real strength lies within his legs. Ralic is always wearing some form of long pants(Most Commonly jeans or sweatpants), and is always seen wearing a grey hoodie with ear buds usually in his ears.

For the appearance of his Sakura Axe, Just look at my profile pic!

Personality)

Spoiler for Personality:

Chill, nonchalant, and smart, but unnervingly emotional(even though he may not show it). Ralic is the type of guy who would gladly drop his axe and sit down with his enemies to talk about life if it were an option, often trying to convince foes to surrender before first blood is even drawn. He can be unbelievably carefree, rarely going so far as to comment on the scenery during battle or pointing out his enemies flaws during the fight. Don't let this fool you, however, Ralic is deadly in close quarters combat with undeniable skill, especially when equipped with an axe.

Despite his relaxed and laid-back nature, Ralic is a monster when pissed off, and will show no mercy to anyone who talks down on his family or The Family in general. He knows he's good, and won't hesitate to demonstrate his strength towards those who have angered him. He can often come off as rude or uncaring, but the truth of the matter is that Ralic probably is just busy thinking or focusing on something else. He isn't ignoring you...he's just...y'know...not paying attention. Ralic's loves include music, peanut butter, peanut butter, pretzels, sleep, R&R, and peanut butter.

In addition to being chill and reserved, Ralic can also be deep at times, quoting meaningful historical figures or expressing his feeling through wisdom of his own. His friends roast on him from time to time for being a too soft, but he's still got quicker hands than all of them combined and could kill them if he wanted, but why would he ever do that? He is, deep down, bothered by some of the slightest things even though he does not always show it. Silence is normally the first warning sign that something is wrong, but normally he'll recognize that he is out-of-character and will put on a mask to cover his emotions. It's a flaw of his. Both reserved and outspoken at the same time.

Demo)

Spoiler for Demo:

Coming soon! Sorry! Tomorrow or later today perhaps?! I wanna sleep!

POINTS)
0/0/0/0

Show more