2014-09-10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exilement

god this forum is slow lately

I miss mafia

Perchance to dream, my friend. Perchance to dream...

Ever since the induction of Mayor and Warden Quincy Sharp, Arkham City has been going exessively well. But when the Dark Knight investigates, he inadverdently falls into a trap and is seemingly killed in a warehouse explosion. Now Arkham City has gone silent, save for the jeers and cheers of every major criminal gang in the area. And unbeknownst to them, a clown is crying to a tragedy that is ready to befall on everyone around them. Or not. Maybe he's just trolling, after all.

It's up to the remaining Gothamites and the GCPD to save their city before it's too late! This is...

Stickpage Mafia
The Dark Knight Burns

Historical Trivia: the first Post-Merge SP Mafia began when Sacred left the forums "forever" the first time. The theme at the time was that Sacred was murdered by a serial killer instead, and the town had to stop him before a third party evil organization laid waste to them as well.

So I thought it would be a great idea to return to the game's roots. Judging from the participation in my Resistance thread, you've shown to me that Vanilla Roles can work. We will once again return to that old-school format of having 2-3 factions...

How do I Win

It's SP Mafia again, this time returning the to classic SPMF I and II rules. This is a reboot of sorts to get people interested in the basics of play. This time the theme is an Alternate Universe Arkham City, in preparation for the upcoming Arkham Knight. And there are 2-3 possible Factions:

a) The Arkham Gothamites are composed of innocent civilians and honest-to-goodness cops caught in a crossfire of mayhem, and attempting to find peace in their fair city. They win if the other two factions have been erradicated via dayvotes or nightkills.

b) The Falcones make up the major crime family in the area. They're an organized bunch who, despite being in the minority can communicate with each other and conduct special operations to further their cause. Their goal is to kill enough citizens so that they outnumber or are equal to the number of Gothamites.

c) The Joker is our possible Serial Killer in this game. His methods are maddening but methodical in ways that only he can understand. Ergo his goal is to be the LAST one standing. In the Falcone's perspective, The Joker is just another Arkhamite.

How to Play

If this is your first time playing Mafia on this forum or on the Internet or IRL in general, then it's quite easy. The game has two phases:

- In the Day, the entire town must reach a decision to lynch someone (or no one) by voting pubclicly in the thread. They do this by posting #Vote <Player Name>. In order for the town to reach a decision, the number of votes must be at least more than half the town. Once votes have reached that amount, that player is executed and Night follows.

- After the finishing lynch vote is made, I will give an extra 12 hours for anyone else to post. If no one else posts within that time, I will end the Day. If someone does post, the 12-hour clock will reset until the Day deadline is reached.

- At Night, unless you're a Normal Gothamite, you can perform a Night Action associated with your Role. The Falcones can also convene together to talk. Your Night Action will be listed in the Role PM you recieve upon signing up in this game.

- The Town Hall during the Day is open and spacious enough so that everyone may freely PM each other. But at night, unless you're a Falcone, you may not PM people. If someone has broken this rule, report it to me and they will be dealt with (ejected from the game).

Aaaand that's it. The game continues until any one of the 2 or 3 factions' win conditions is achieved (see above). If you need an example of how my Mafia games worked, click on the 2 links in my sig (in the 2nd spoiler).

The Roles

Right, this game's setup will always be randomized, meaning every game may have 0-? of a certain role. This means that there is a chance the Serial Killer/Joker may not even exist (but that's not stopping you from pretending to be him or that he exists). Here are the Role PMs you may receive:

The Arkham Gothamites

Every Gothamite role will be randomly picked before the game begins. Here are the probabilities:

a) 50% chance of being a Normal Gothamite

b) 15% chance of being a GCPD Officer and/or a Rookie GCPD Officer

c) 10% chance of being an Arkham Asylum Orderly and/or a Blackgate Penitentiary Warden

d) 10% chance of being an GCPD Informant and/or a Cowardly GCPD Informant

e) 10% chance of being Prometheus and/or Azrael

f) 5% chance of being Oracle or Commissioner Gordon

Two things to note:

- The probability distribution does not mean player roster ratio. Every Arkhamite could end up being Oracle, if I was lucky enough to roll for them!

- There can be multiple copies of all the roles. For Oracle, Commissioner Gordon, Azrael, and Prometheus, the theme explanation is that they are omnipresent and nigh-invincible (until they die for real). Gordon specifically is instead replaced by his subordinates like Harvey Bullock.

Now here are the possible Role PMs for the good guys:

Possible Count: 1-6

Spoiler for Normal Gothamite:

, Normal Gothamite

You're just another casualty caught up in the madness. The best you can do is see through the town's democratic process and hope for the best.

Ability: Your weapon is the voice of the people. During the day, if majority rules over a certain someone, that guy is executed in town square.

Possible Count: 0-3

Spoiler for GCPD Officer:

, GCPD Officer

An Officer of the law. Follows through evidence and tracks suspicious suspects down.

Ability:
Surveillance - Pick one player every night. You will learn if he/she visited someone, if at all. This ability does not reveal the visitor's identity if ever.

Possible Count: 0-1

Spoiler for Rookie GCPD Officer:

, Rookie GCPD Officer

You're just new on the force who's heart is in the right place. Unfortunately the nerves can get the best of you.

Ability:
Botched Surveillance - Pick one player every night. You will learn if he/she visited someone, if at all. This ability does not reveal the visitor's identity if ever. You can only use this ability ONCE.

Spoiler for Arkham Asylum Orderly:

, Arkham Asylum Orderly

Working under Dr. Strange (or as himself), you seek to help out the people of Arkham City, no matter who they are.

Ability:
Intensive Care - Pick one player every night. That player will not be killed if he was meant to be. This ability fails if you are killed on the same night. You cannot target yourself.

Spoiler for Blackgate Penitentiary Warden:

, Blackgate Penitentiary Warden

As Quincy Sharpe's right hand man (or as himself), you have the authority to imprison unwanted undesirables to prevent riots from breaking out.

Ability:
Solitary Confinement - Pick one player every night. That player will not only be locked up for the night, but will be incapable of executing his ability. This ability fails if you are killed on the same night. You cannot target yourself.

Spoiler for GCPD Informant:

, GCPD Informant

You've been living around the gangs as an undercover cop. You're the best source of information but also the most fragile.

Ability:
Laying Low - Pick one player every night. You will hide behind that player and if anyone targets you, they will miss. If anyone kills the player you're hiding with, you will die as well. If you inadvertently hide behind a Falcone or The Joker, you will automatically die.

Spoiler for Cowardly GCPD Informant:

, Cowardly GCPD Informant

Sometimes the heat can be too much for you. Screw the police, you only look out for number 1.

Ability:
Out of Town - When this ability is used (you must PM me), you will go outta town for a "vacation" on that night. If anyone attempts to target you then, they will miss. You can only use this ability ONCE.

Possible Count: 0-2

Spoiler for Azrael:

Azrael, the Vigilante

AKA Reverse-Batman. You have no qualms with killing, as long as it is your brand of Justice.

Ability:
Personal Justice - Pick one player every night. That player dies.

Spoiler for Prometheus:

Prometheus, the Vengeful

Despite trying to be Batman yourself, you can't quite get over how the cops killed your parents. You'll have your day when the time is right.

Ability:
Parting Shot - In the event that you are lynched in the day, you can target 1 player to die before the Night starts. You can choose to target no one. This ability has no effect if you die at Night.

Spoiler for Oracle:

Oracle, the Eye in the Sky

Batman's eyes and ears. You've got Gotham's information networks at the palm of your hands.

Ability:
Background Check - Pick a player every night. You will learn their Role. If you target a Normal Gothamite or a Falcone Mook, you will get "No Role" as a result.

Spoiler for Comissioner:

, the Comissioner

Head of the GCPD and premeire Cop. You are the number 1 authority leading all other cops in Arkham City.

Ability:
Police Checkpoint - Pick a player every night. You will learn if they are packing heat. Oracle, other Comissioners, every Falcone, Azrael, Prometheus, and The Joker are known to be carrying a firearm.

The Falcones

- The Falcones are the Mafia/Bad Guys in this game. Like previous games they can convene and talk together as well as kill someone at night. In addition, they all come with abilities of their own (unless of course you turn out to be a Falcone Mook). While there are also probabilities for Falcone Roles, their distribution is fixed and dependent on how many special Gothamites are. The secret word is banana. All you should know at this point is that the number of Non-Normal Gothamites is directly proportional to the strength of a potential Falcone Team. If there are tons of Normal Arkhamites, there's probably only a few of these Special Falcones to appear.

Possible Count: 1-2

Spoiler for Falcone Mook:

, the Falcone Mook

You're an expendable henchmen who's only purpose is to follow orders and get shot by the cops. Doesn't mean you're a pushover though.

***This is a Falcone factional role. Before the game starts you will be informed who your fellow Falcone mates are. Every night you may convene together to kill someone. This vote must be unanimous and at least two people must make the killvote (or all if you wish).

Ability:
Sleep wth the Fishes - You have a say in who you want to kill at night. Your vote is your power.

Spoiler for Falcone Manipulator:

, Falcone Manipulator

A step above the usual mook, Manipulators are devious dealbreakers who double as Falcone's accountants. Their job is making sure everything is where they should be in the right place at the right time.

***This is a Falcone factional role. Before the game starts you will be informed who your fellow Falcone mates are. Every night you may convene together to kill someone. This vote must be unanimous and at least two people must make the killvote (or all if you wish).

Ability:
The Ole Switcheroo - Pick two players at night. Those people will switch positions and if an ability is meant for one, it will affect the other instead. You can only use this ability once for the whole game.
Sleep wth the Fishes - You have a say in who you want to kill at night. Your vote is your power.

Spoiler for Falcone's Hired Enforcer:

Bane, the Hired Falcone Enforcer

Pumped up on Titan and Venom, you are an unstoppable powerhouse with a myriad of specific skillsets. For a hefty sum, you will gladly help the mobsters with their business.

***This is a Falcone factional role. Before the game starts you will be informed who your fellow Falcone mates are. Every night you may convene together to kill someone. This vote must be unanimous and at least two people must make the killvote (or all if you wish). Also, there can only ever be ONE Bane in any game.

One-Time Abilities:

***Note that all three abilities can be usable on any night, but they can only be used ONCE for the entire game.
Within an Inch of His Life - For one night only, Bane can beat the shit out of someone so hard, that person does not get to use his ability if he planned to.
Bounty Run - For one night only, if this ability is activated, the Falcone nightkill will happen even if the target is protected by another Arkham Asylum or Blackgate Penitentiary. For everything else, it will still miss.
Assassination - For one night only, if this ability is activated, the Falcone nightkill will happen discreetly, meaning Officers will not be able to spot Bane even if they are tracking him down for that night.

Ability:

The Joker

- The Joker is really easy: he has a straight up 50/50 chance of appearing in a game regardless of which of the above roles appear. In addition to his killing spree abilities, he comes with a 1 of 2 pre-selected ability of his own.

Spoiler for The Joker:

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime

The only person you ever cared about is dead. Life has become meaningless now---a mantra you are ready to weld to Arkham City's nameplate.

***Before starting the game, The Joker must pick 1 of 2 abilities:
Body Double - If you are ever killed at night, it turns out that it was just your double and you are still alive. The double's death will not be reported.
Murderous Tactics - You have mastered the art of killing. All kills you do at night will be both discreet (immune to Officer's Surveillance) AND brutal (ignore's Asylum and Penitentiary's Protection).

Ability:
Why So SRS - Once a night target a player, that person dies. You win if you're the last man standing.

The Setup

Two more things to clarify.

First: the game starts in the Day for approximately an in-game week (originally 5 days but I know Exilement is out on the weekends). Nights are as long as 3 real life days.

Second: You may be wondering what the priority is for night actions overlapping each other. Behold:

First, Cowardly Informants go out of town.

Then, Informants lay low.

Then, Falcone Manipulators swap people.

Then, the Penitentiary locks people up.

Then, the Asylum protects people.

Then, any killing action resolves. At the same time.

Finally, the Cops' surveillance picks up.

So, hope that clears things up.

Signups

1) To Signup properly, you need to post in this thread. No more benches. Also, post the secret word just to be sure you've been reading this whole time.

2) As soon as everyone is confirmed, I'll be handing out the roles. Please refer to the Mechanics above on the specifics of the current setup and role recieving.

3) When all Roles have been confirmed, I will PM allies and other misc things. I will then signify Day 1 to begin.

General Rules:

1) Play to your win condition. Do not betray the town if you are town (do not suicide to give the Falcones a free nightkill). Do not help the town if you are an ememy. You CAN however set up your own fellow Falcone for the slaughter. While not sporting, it's a viable move as long as you both agree to it in order to decieve the town into favoring your trust.

2) Do not share PM Convos between you and me. I'll generally mention if something is share-able but the default is that you may not. The only exception to this rule are the reports generated by your night (and possibly day) actions. You can share those.

3) This is not an RP. There's no need to act like you're really into the role unless you have to. The flavor text is nothing more than to just getting the players in the mood. Also, flavor text in Player Deaths are also for the sake of fun. They by no means hint who killed them. I will not differentiate between Joker and Falcone kills.

4) Dead players can't talk, so kindly leave the thread and wait for it to end when you have been eliminated. You're allowed to post one or two things but please NO GAME-RELATED INFO.

5) Do not take anything here personally. It's a game of deceit and betrayal after all so keep the flames to yourself.

6) I thought it was already obvious but if you're not a player in this game, refrain from posting comments even if you were already long dead.

7) All players must show SOME activity by posting every 48 hours within their last post, even if it's something derpy I don't care. You need to talk in this game and it's not fair to those who are really trying (if you post like a derp, you have every right to be lynched anyway). You may NOT lurk. If someone has gone past the 48 hour mark I will prod them ONCE. If they don't respond or continue to lurk I reserve the right to replace or erase them.

8) Don't know what to do, have some questions, or need some advice? Go ahead and ask me. I won't reveal any pertinent information, but I can offer insights you might not be aware of that you can use. If you're also planning on doing something, you can ask my opinion on it but I won't say what you should ultimately do. For all this, please refer to Rule #2.

9) Please do not Meta. Don't look in other Mafia sites for setup strategies. You can look into the Role you picked but do not second guess just because you read it on some wiki.

9.5) By Meta-ing I also mean checking Who's Online and the Activity Stream for anyone who's VM-ing and PM-ing people. That's just downright unfair if not stalker-y. Honesty system here guys. Don't do it.

10) Have fun!

Player List (Looking for 9 - 13 Players)

PROTIP: I will fucking kick you if you signup then bawl and go inactive because you're a Normal Arkhamite.

1. Exilement

2. Raptor

3. Ai

4. Veir

5. Ares

6. Sharp

7. Xate

8. Aquila

9. Hobbes

10. BoomerangReturns

11. Camila

Show more