2016-04-28

Let me start by saying, I don't work for, I am in no way affiliated with, and I have no financial interest in the company I am about to talk about.

I've been trying to get my ewaste business off the ground for a bit now. My biggest dilemma is whether to accept tvs to get more volume, or limit my accepted items and keep to a smaller model. Naturally, I've been doing a lot of research and contacting numerous companies to see what works best for me and find the best prices for both paid items and charged. CRT tubes have been at the top of the list as far as finding a solution. Followed closely by low grade boards. Best answer I've come up with is a semi local to me company called kuusakoski recycling. I've been talking to their customer service rep on and off for about 3 months now. He's been really helpful so far especially considering how big they are and how small I am. Most big companies only want to work with other big companies. I've been brushed off quite a few times by other companies I've talked to. They also have about the best prices locally from who I've talked to. So if anyone from the near chicagoland area deals with crts and low grade in small or large volume, I would definitely check these guys out.

The reason I titled this above and beyond customer service is because the csr actually came by my house on his way home from work off the clock to see what my situation was and talk about how we can work together. Not many people or companies would be willing to do this for a big operation, let alone a home business. And that is why I felt I needed to share this here. He did ask that I only share the company info publicly, not his name or contact info. But if anyone thinks they can benefit from working with these guys, contact me privately and I can give you his direct info that way.

As of today small volume pricing is payout of .18/lb on low grade boards, charge of .14/lb on whole crt tvs, and .25/lb on lcd tvs. Bare tubes by the semi full are only .07/lb. This is the best I've found near me or anywhere.

Like I said, from my research, this is about the best I've found overall. If this helps anyone, let me know through pm and I'll give you the csr's info. If you guys know of a better way or better company in the Chicago area, please let me know. I need all the help I can get. My tvs have piled up to the point that I have to refuse picking them up for a little while. Lol.

Show more