2016-05-27

I was just browsing the internet & came across the following site with consumer complaints against SIA.

SIA is very quick to toot their own horn when they are voted as best airlines by some survey but I am really surprised by some of the complaints some passengers have against SIA. There are 90 complaints & I'll copy & paste a few of them here because the forum limits the amount I can put here

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/trav..._airlines.html

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

Venkatakrishnan of Reservoir, Other on March 17, 2016

Satisfaction Rating

My wife Anupama ** travelled on Singapore Airlines from Melbourne to Coimbatore last month Feb 2016 and her return trip was booked for Mar.19, 2016. Due to her sudden illness, me and my wife decided that we would change her date of travel since the cold, fever should not be passed on to any other passenger in airlines when she travels on Mar.19, 2016. She visited the doctor and doctor advised her that she would not be fit to travel in the current condition. He also provided a Medical Certificate which was shared to Singapore Airlines 2 days ago. For the past 1 week, I have been following up with Singapore Airlines in 13 10 11 number and my wife has followed up in India #. When my wife approached Singapore Airlines India they have informed her that please contact Singapore Airlines Australia (Melbourne).

I have spoken to Rebecca, Naja, Sheela and everyone have told me that you will get a call from concerned team in 24 to 48 Hours. All their 24 & 48 hours are gone and promises/commitment are never met by your team. First Rebecca told me that there might be charges approximately to 407$(AUD) and then in the evening of the same day I was advised 632$(AUD). When I asked your team, as a customer we were worried about other passengers should not get infected during the travel and it's not advisable to travel with illness. But never your team felt for us and they are just behind money asking us to pay fare of 632$ more than one way fare just because we asked for the tickets to be upgraded to Flexi Economy and travel on a different date. Your customer service team have passed on information to me whenever I called but never I received a call back from your concerned team who authorize change of date promised a call back.

Is this the service you provide for customers (No call back promise met, No commitment, No Ownership and just behind money). You can very well check your database since August 2000. I have been travelling Singapore Airlines under my name Venkatakrishnan **. In Feb 2014 me and my wife traveled from Bangalore to Melbourne via Singapore. We had problem in the connecting flight from Singapore to Melbourne. When we asked for Veg Food they said that they don't have any, just 1.

We made our booking online and we also clearly mentioned that we need only Veg Food. August 2000 Chennai to Sydney. Apr 2002 Sydney to Singapore. Apr 2002 Singapore to California. August 2004 Chennai to Singapore to Los Angeles. Nov 2004 Los Angeles to Singapore to Chennai. Dec 2008 Bangalore to Singapore to Manila. May 2009 Manila to Singapore to Bangalore. July 2013 Bangalore to Singapore to Manila. Nov 2013 Manila to Singapore to Bangalore. Feb 2014 Bangalore to Singapore to Melbourne.

I am writing this mail with complete frustration and anger that when money is paid no service has been delivered. I am going to share my feedback and write about your service in my office intranet so that my office (MNC with 180,000 Employees) would consider to book other airlines for all our employees. Why is your team not able to provide any customer service, call back promise, waive off fees for the customers who have been genuinely asking for help, notifying about the problem, considering other co-passenger health and supporting your airlines in all ways. We are ready to pay reasonable charges for the change of date but not as an entire amount that took more than a single fare. At last after seeing this mail, I hope we will get some response from your team with some ownership, accountability and trustworthy to provide us better service and not bitter service.

Please advise us on the final charges (Reasonable Fare and not 632$) for change of date as per Flexi Economy and helps us with the request at the earliest. I hope you can help us with our concern on fees and customer service delivered in a better way. As mentioned earlier let this be a reasonable fare and not entire one way fare (632$), that's too much for an upgrade to Flexi Economy. Awaiting your reply and status on our ticket to Flexi Economy with reasonable charges.

Helpful?YesNo

Subbu of Culver City, CA on Jan. 2, 2016

Satisfaction Rating

My wife Sandhya ** and kids (Shravani ** and Shruti **) traveled from LAX to BLR on July 6th,2015. They checked-in one 32” TV with Singapore airlines. During check-in, they said “We will give extra care for Fragile stuff, you need not worry”. When we checked-out the TV in Bangalore, there was a hole for the box. When we asked Singapore airlines authority, they said “Might be routine check-up, TV would be good”. After going home, when we opened the box, there was a big hole for TV. Entire screen damaged. When we contacted Singapore airlines, they said we can do anything. Singapore airlines authority to made me to pay custom tax on dead TV. This is nothing but operation on dead patient. This is so ridiculous answer and worst services I have ever had in my life. I don’t know what to do!!

Helpful?YesNo

Lu of Houston, TX on Dec. 17, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

I attempted to book my flights online, but Singapore Airline had just had a makeover of their website and the booking could not be completed. I finally booked through the reservation line where I was told that I would not be charged the $50 per ticket for not booking online. When the tickets were issued, I was charged $100 for the $50 per ticket. I talked to their line and was told they would refund it. When nothing happened I called back. I was then told it would be refunded after I completed the trip. I contacted them two times after the flight, but there has been absolutely no response. It is very poor business practice, because I now wonder where they are cheating and cutting other corners if $50 a ticket is a major problem for a refund. I will not fly them again.

Helpful?YesNo

SIERRA of Melbourne, Other on Nov. 4, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

First of all let me tell you the ground staff at Melbourne for Singapore Airlines are very rude and unfriendly and very racist when it comes to weighing their check in luggage. Anyway I finally boarded the flight and as I was very sick (due to 4 people literally attacked me verbally at check-in counter). I forgot my black leather jacket with valuables on seat 37K in flight SQ238 from Melbourne to Singapore on 10 September 2015 which landed at Changi at 4.00 pm local time and within 1 hour I reported my missing jacket but was told that the flight left the terminal and they could not retrieve any item from the aircraft.

I was told to do written complaint at my next destination which I did and was told by ground staff at Ahmedabad that it is high likely that I may ever recover it. The question here is who took my jacket except the cleaning staff at Changi Airport who took advantage of blankets to wrap in it. But the airlines denied the claim. Do I want to travel with this dishonest airline again. The answer is NO.

Helpful?YesNo

Shanice of Johor Bahru, Other on Oct. 14, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

Hi. I sent an complaint to you via email on 30 Sep and received an auto-reply to tell me that your customer service will reply within 10 business day. However, totally no reply from you till date. I am very disappointed by your service. I am writing in is to feedback about 3 mistakes made by your services staffs and the miserable experiences I had from you. 2 days ago (28 Sep), I was flying back from HK to SIN by SQ861 with my family. This is my first time flying with SQ with my big family and we all agreed we should choose SQ for all our future trip. However, something unpleasant happened. I discovered my luggage surface was damaged badly (deep scratches on the surface) while I putting it into my car.

Therefore, I went back to the SIA information service counter to report the damages and seek for assistance. I spoke to one of the lady staff and she was trying to call the lost and found office to check if I can make report for this case via email due to I had unloaded all my belonging into my car and the whole family is waiting for me at the car park and my young child and old mom was feeling unwell due to tires and hazy air. However, no one pick up the call although she tried to call few times.

After that, she asked me to fill in a form and told me will call the security to assist me in this case. I asked the staff if I can bring the security assistant to my car to check and scan the luggage because I had put all my belonging into my car. The 1st mistake your staff made, she said "YES" to me. 2nd mistake was made, she asked me to wait for the security assistant near the counter, without telling me and passing the message to her colleague, she went off from the counter. 3rd mistake was when the security assistant came, I told her that the lady told that she will follow me to my car to scan the damaged luggage.

The assistant and the rest of the staffs telling me that this is not the process and told me that I have to bring my luggage back to the office. And they all giving me the unpleasant face and the expression that I'm trying to find trouble from them and even raise their voice when talking to me. I told them that I had a young child and an old lady mom with me. I am not able to make them waiting for me at the car park and because of your staff told me that the security assistant is fine to follow me to the car park so I agreed to wait at the information counter. No one willing to listen to my concern and understand my worries at that moment that my family is waiting for me to send them home.

I am from banking service line as well. I always make sure and telling my staffs that when a customer encountering a problem, they already in a very miserable situation. Therefore, we shouldn't give customer the wrong direction to add on their worries. Telling customer the right things to do and guide them the right way is always our job and our responsibility. What is our service level agreement? Assist the customer to solve their problem, understand customer's problem and needs, reduce their worries.

However, I couldn't find any of the above from your staffs. I hope you really can look into this case seriously and reply my email as I am able to provide the case form filled by your staff and the photo of my damaged luggage. Does that mean I have to prepare to get a new luggage each time I am taking SQ. Do I still can look for your assistance if I am encountering any problem if I choose SQ again?

Helpful?YesNo

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singapore Airlines?

517,175 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.

We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.

We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.

Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.

For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.

Anthony of Bury, Other on Oct. 9, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

I have been downgraded from premium economy to economy on my flight from Manchester to Singapore due to lack of planes with the new format. So beware if you are going to travel premium economy you can't trust Singapore Airlines. Choose a different airline. We were offered 75% refund on that leg plus a 100 Singapore dollar voucher the day before we were due to leave. That's insufficient compensation so don't get caught like me. Book with a different airline. I would have thought an upgrade on the return service or free flight would have been more of order.

Helpful?YesNo

Vijay of Hyderabad, Other on Sept. 6, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

I was visiting Manila (Philippines), travel date 29th of August 2015. Upon the arrival in Manila my baggage was misplaced by the Singapore Airlines. Singapore Airlines had no idea where they have misplaced/lost my baggage. I had to go through a lot of issues. As it was a business trip I had my office important things which were required for my meeting. I just had one baggage which had all my things (office documents, all personal belongings including my ID, CC, DC & also some money etc...). It was a more than 3 days that my baggage went missing & it was delivered after my business meet got over just in the evening of 2nd Sep '15.

My LOSS. Inconvenience & very bad experience, mental stress & trauma: I had to live on the same clothes which I was wearing while I traveled for the next 2 days (assuming my baggage will be delivered which the airlines people kept saying). After which I had no choice but to borrow money and buy clothes for the meeting & office purpose. It was just so insulting and stressful. I had a lot of expenses because of the baggage not delivered by you. Expenses which I do not even have the bill e.g. - traveling expenses to the mall etc. & I had to buy a winter wear jacket for the weather conditions --- costing more than 10,000 INR.

As this is my business trip to Manila I had gone thru an extreme stressful time and days due to the delay by the Singapore Airlines. I have messages & emails the proof of my follow up with the airlines people till the baggage was delivered. Due to this inconvenience, my visit to Philippines has been a very bad experience and a great trouble attending my business meeting. Please adjudge. To add to this two of my other office peer groups baggage was again misplaced after we came back to India.

Helpful?YesNo

Megan of Singapore, Other on Aug. 30, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

I had to call KrisFlyer due to some redemption matters that could not settled online. Called KrisFlyer and I am left waiting on the phone for more than one hour and they cut off the line. That is for service for premium airline.

Helpful?YesNo

Mary of Zephyr Cove, NV on Aug. 20, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

I had a great trip from SFO to Singapore and even switched flights with no fee. The food, experience, everything was phenomenal. While in Vietnam, however, I had an injury and had to return to the US immediately for medical help. I was able to cancel my old flight and book a new one. I checked one week later and they said the refund for the first flight was being processed and takes up to two weeks.

A month later, they said that they contacted the office (in Cambodia -- this later became a common excuse -- it's in a different country, even though we handle all international issues), and suddenly there was not a note saying it was processed. Two weeks later -- no refund. They call headquarters. Someone let someone else know. It's in a different country, blah, blah. This call ended with a PROMISE to call me the next morning with an update.

Three days later, and they tell me, once again, they don't know what is wrong, that the supervisor just called headquarters, but was unavailable. After I asked how the supervisor managed to make such a call while too busy to handle my case, suddenly I was on hold again waiting for the supervisor. He also didn't know why, would contact headquarters, blah, blah. I had a complete meltdown before he agreed to do something more (which means just calling me back, not actually resolving the issue).

He actually did call me back and the woman handling my case was not at her desk. He promised they would "try" and I corrected him, letting him know that it was not a matter of trying, it was a legal policy and they need to do their job. And of course, no one is allowed to give out anyone else's name, and no one has an extension or direct line.

I am a pretty logical person (I teach composition and rhetoric at the college level), but I do feel that there is an element of swindling going on here. I have been flat-out lied to multiple times about this refund and its status. If policies are in place for a multi-billion dollar corporation that allow them to earn thousands of dollars for a single ticket, but suddenly those policies aren't upheld when the money is intended to go the other way, there is a problem.

I get the impression that due to the extreme amount of hassle and disregard, that perhaps the company has policies that allow it to delay, which would most likely result in the person losing his or her money. I plan to take legal action if this is not resolved, mostly on principle. It's unfortunate that my experience ended this way as I will never take this airline again, despite another planned trip overseas this winter.

Helpful?YesNo

Fadzil of Singapore, Other on Aug. 14, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

My name is Fadzil ** and I was on board Flight SQ 226 boarding from Perth Austrailia to Singapore on 11th August 2105. During flight, I happened to be seated away from my family. However, during the flight meal were served by your crews. However, your air stewardess, came to me to inform me that I will be served on a special meal. I had informed her that my meal was supposed to be a Muslim meal. (How special can it be?) She then told me that she will look into this. However, I have been waiting for very long but no meal was served to me until I had noticed that every one around me including my family had finished savouring their meal. Thus, I was extremely angry, with your staff Ms. Pamela and Pauline for not being attentive enough and forget about my meal. Thereby, I had refused to take my meal as I was too angry with the very poor service that your crew had rendered to me.

Although, they had asked for apology and offer to serve the late meal, I was so angry that I had refused their offer. Although Mr. Azhar, the overall incharge of your cabin crew came to pacify me, I was rather perturbed by the fact that your staff have shown such sloppiness in the so called "Service Quality" (SQ) airline. The above occurrence should not happened if your crews had shown such care and concern towards doing their duties. Albeit the compensation of S$75 worth of inflight voucher was given to me, I still think that SIA had given me an unsatisfactory service so far.

Helpful?YesNo

Nicko of Jakarta, Other on July 9, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

My family and I were traveling with Singapore Airlines SQ 960 from Singapore to Jakarta on June 24, 2015. I have traveled with SQ all my life since I was probably 5 years old (I'm 40 now). The story started when we arrived at GATE 2 @ Changi Terminal 2. We arrived at exactly 12:30 PM and our flight is scheduled for 3:20 PM. The staff at the counter, Ashraf **, told us that he need the credit card that I used for booking. My wife gave him her credit card which she used to pay for the booking. Then he told us that it is not the correct credit card for one of the ticket, my son's ticket, which I found very confusing because my ticket, my wife's, and my son's ticket are all paid with one credit card which is my wife's credit card.

I showed him the receipt from the airline and in there it said clearly the digit of my credit card. And the receipt stated that the tickets are all paid with one credit card. He insisted that the number on his computer display wasn't the number of my credit card for my son's ticket. Now, as far as I can remember in the past 10 years I traveled with SQ and never in my experience a staff at the gate asked for the matching credit card. After 5 minutes of debating of what credit card number being used for the booking, he called his superior by the name of Gilli (or Dilli?) I don't remember his first name. Instead of trying to solve this problem, the superior said exactly the same thing: they need an exact credit card in order to issue the boarding pass (Again, in 10 years, this is the first time they asked me for a matching credit card). It's either I provide this or my family and I cannot board the plane.

Then, after a heated 10 minutes argument, the superior told me the last 4 digit number of the credit card used for the booking, which he should have told us the very beginning. I quickly recognized the number as my number I used to pay the penalty charge because we changed our departure date. I told the superior that I used my credit card to pay the penalty for the changing date of departure. The original booking was all under my wife's credit card! Without apologizing to us nor comforting us, the superior was still blaming the number of credit cards mishap on us. I said something to him that it's their communication fault. They should've said something about the LAST credit card used for penalty. But Ashraf ** and the superior defended themselves by saying "We are not ticketing. This information is ticketing only (I don't even know what they're saying)."

Here's when the story became really strange. I saw the superior talking to another staff (a woman) pointing at us and the woman then walked toward us and stood behind us watching our luggages. She was standing next to a really big luggage cart. Her acting was out of the ordinary and we got very suspicious, my wife asked her is there something wrong, why is she looking at my wife all the time. We boarded the plane and landed in Jakarta at 4:50 PM. We were waiting for our luggages for a long time and one small luggage arrived, the other 3 luggages never came out. Someone from Jakarta Airport Baggage Service called my name and told me that our 3 bags are still in Singapore (1 bag arrived in Jakarta). They will be delivered with the next two inbound flights to Jakarta, SQ 964, at 5:22 PM (arriving in Jakarta at 6:09 PM).

We are the only passengers on that flight whose bags were left at Changi Airport. I start to believe that my suspicion has becoming real. Either Ashraf ** did it or his superior did it, or they were in cahoot did it on purpose. I guess the female staff was told to transport our luggages to the other flight (Maybe they think it's funny imagining us running around Jakarta Airport looking for our bags after all, it's payback time, right?). And the luggages were not in the next flight but next two flights so we had to wait a long time at the airport for them. The staff at the airport told us they could deliver the bags to our house.

Now, our bags finally arrived in front of our apartment lobby at 9:50 PM. Our keys are in one of those bags. We had to wait almost 5 hours to get into our own apartment. My sister in law's medicines are in one of those bags. We went to Singapore to accompany her check-up. The people at Jakarta luggage service and SQ office can't give any explanation to us on why the bags are being left out. Look, we arrived 2+ hours prior departure time. The people on the ground (Jakarta Airport) told us it's unlikely to happen if we check-in 2+ hours prior.

Update: I wrote to SQ and they got back at me with something like: "We're sorry but Ashraf (the gate staff) is new. Please understand that we will give him more training so that this won't happen again." According to the customer service staff when they investigated the incident, Ashraf was "panicked" and caused the mishap of the luggages. This means Ashraff ** aware of this incident, and leave a room for REASONABLE DOUBT that he MIGHT HAVE DONE IT ON PURPOSE (Just as you know, he didn't look "panicked", he looked "vengeful")! What customer service are you running? You sound like running a two-bit hawker at outskirt of Jakarta. Shameful.

Helpful?YesNo

Thomas of Qld, Other on July 7, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

I am an Australian citizen residing in Queensland. I have not received the 2 pieces of baggage which I had checked in with Virgin Airlines at Brisbane International Airport to Perth during my flight to Cochin. I have been following up with this issue since the 27th of June. I have not received any response concerning my baggage which frustrates me. The contact numbers which Silkair, Cochin had given me to follow up do not work. I have not been able to contact them so far despite repeated attempts, which even involved looking up the contact numbers on the internet. The Singapore Airlines, Brisbane office plays the blame game on Virgin Airlines. I do know how to approach this matter but I am determined to get back my luggage.

Helpful?YesNo

Rashmi of Kolkata, Other on May 18, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

Hi, I called Singapore airlines office in Kolkata to check on the flight details to Australia. There was a lady called **. She was so hostile and gave very vague information in a stern voice like it's not her job. First time experience. BAD!

Helpful?YesNo

yuni of Depok, Other on May 4, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

This my first experience boarding on Singapore Airline (SQ) on return flight from Jakarta-Melbourne transit via Singapore. The first trip was great. All the crews were very helpful when we only got 20 minutes time and almost late to catch the plane from S'pore as our connecting flight was late for about half an hour. The airport crew rushed us with efficient speed and direction so we could board on time.

Unfortunately, during our fly back to Jakarta from S'pore, I had horrific experience with the security officer who was so rude and ignorant. Getting off the SQ from Melbourne on 3 May 2015 at 4.10 p.m we immediately ran to catch our SQ connecting flight as the departure schedule should be on 4.30 pm. We didn't want to miss the plane. I read the information board that the gate has been closed. My colleague frantically sped our sprint to gate F33, feeling exhausted and nervous after such a long flight from Melbourne. We passed the security check and had our boarding pass scanned without much problem. Without second thought we rushed to the entrance door leading to passage for boarding into the aircraft. No stand by officer from SQ was at the door and no body stopped us for entry. We thought "Oh dear, did we just miss our flight?" We heard no announcing information and our focus was to catch the plane. So we ran.

In front of entrance door to the plane, the stewardess seemed surprise to see us and asked whether we had the boarding pass. We showed it to her and she was trying to call somebody. We waited. Confused. And we saw the plane was empty. We thought "What happen? Did we board on the wrong plane?" Unable to reach anyone apparently, the stewardess asked us to proceed to our seat. Another stewardess greeted us, surprise as well. We asked her why the plane was empty. She said it was ok as the others would board soon. We felt something amiss but we just were too damned tired to think.

As we sat, this male arrogant officer approached us with stern face and started to get angry at us for boarding the plane while others still waited in the waiting room. He refused to listen to our explanation whatsoever and kept throwing rude words as if we were two retarded women in scarves. He kept repeating over and over again his rude words as if we were too stupid to understand any single word he said. My colleague and I were so offended. We knew now it was not time to board yet but how we should on earth do we know that when nobody directed us? Hello.... The plane should be leaving at 4.30? We did not make this mistake on purpose and we had apologize. But this rude officer was too ignorant. He kept lashing the same words and treated us like we were two criminals. It was so horrific.

He could have warn us with less arrogant and rude ways. After all we did not breach the protocol on purpose. If he showed us a bit of understanding, we would totally understand. Should security officers at SQ act that way? He was so rude and never in my whole life did I experience something like this. This lesson gave me a chill experience and I don't think I would board on the plane anymore. My company should better use other aircraft in catering its employees in travelling overseas.

Helpful?YesNo

BeeChew of Jakarta, Other on April 8, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

My SQ flight was booked online starting from Jakarta-Sin-Melbourne-Sin-Jakarta. The flight on board was enjoyable with the hard working crews but... The heartache was when I wanted to made a change to the date of the return flight from Sin to Jkt. Online changes is not allowed. Tried calling the Jakarta SQ office, only open on office hour, a costly matter due to endless waiting in queue. Remember it is on an international call. Tried calling SIA 24 hrs office at 2300hr, never get to speak to an operators after holding onto the phone for 15 minutes .

Tried calling this morning at 0745hr. 1st try: same, a 15 minutes wait in vain. 2nd try: after 10 mins wait, l was told to submit my phone number for a call back with a stated time. I did but nothing came back. On my 3rd try 30 minutes later: I managed to speak to an operator and get the changes done. This operator is in India. Probably SIA outsource out her operators, SIA reputation is in their hands.

This matter was also reported to SIA years ago, my report was still kept with me, the respond from SIA was the same la, probably from a computer... abc... xyz. There was not a slight improvement till today. I suppose, SIA got junk quality robots in the top management.. that got no eyes to see nor ears to listen. My heartache for my favourite national airline.

Helpful?YesNo

RAMESH of Mumbai, Other on Feb. 4, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

Arrived by Sq4282 operated by Air New Zealand from Auckland to Singapore at 6:50am but were not permitted to board subsequent flight sq422 to MUMBAI due to depart at 7:45, even though there was enough time to change terminals. Changi has got the best facilities and if flight changeover is not possible in 45 mins, then Singapore Airlines should stop selling this combination. No explanation from Singapore Air, though Air New Zealand took the responsibility for 5 minute landing delay.

Helpful?YesNo

S of La, CA on Jan. 26, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

Flew from sfo to changi. Brand new bag damaged. Agent at airport said company would contact me in a few days. After a few days man comes to collect my bag to fix it. After another four days they call and say will replace with identical bag. Then after another few days they deliver a flimsy bag that is not equal to the damaged bag, even the delivery man thought it as too cheap. So, I rejected it, they said they would call. After another six days they called me and told me they would not fix the bag, if I did not want the cheap replacement, that they would offer me cash but not the amount I purchased it. Or they would return my damaged luggage and I could submit a claim and perhaps get my money back sometime in the future. So essentially they wasted 3 weeks of my trip to tell me to file a claim. The representative on the phone was a bit rude and impolite as well.

It is really sad that a great airline has such poor service when dealing with damaged bags. Most international travelers do not have three weeks plus to deal with this customer circus. I am still optimistic that sq will fix this problem. People fly sq for the service. If sq has terrible service why choose sq? I paid a lot more to fly sq airline. In the future, I am not sure I will make the same choice. Sq airline your customers deserve better.

Helpful?YesNo

Daleen of Jakarta, Other on Jan. 13, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

I recently tried to book a flight on Singapore Air with my 9 month old baby. SQ charged me USD900 and an infant rate of USD1200!! For an infant who doesn't have his own seat and will be sitting on my lap. When I queried this, SQ informed me that they don't offer discounted infant rates. They do however offer discounted child rates for children over 2. So in effect, my 7 year old, who will have a seat, can fly for USD700. I would have to pay USD500 MORE for the privilege of having an infant on my lap the entire 12 hr flight. Surely there is no justification for these fares? I have checked on 4 different Airlines and not one came back with an amount of more than USD200 for an infant. In fact some airline only charge the airport taxes. Why am I having to pay nearly double the price for an infant ticket than for a child?

Helpful?YesNo

Yasmin of Jakarta, Other on Jan. 10, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

Thu, Dec . 11, 2014. Flights: SINGAPORE AIRLINES, SQ 0494. From: SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE (SIN) Departs: 3:05pm. Departure Terminal: TERMINAL 2. To: DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMI (DXB) Arrives: 6:45pm. Arrival Terminal: TERMINAL 1. Class: Business. Status: Confirmed Airline Confirmation: **. Meal: Meal Smoking: No. Aircraft: BOEING 777-300ER JET Distance (in Miles): 363. Duration: 7 hour(s) and 40 minute(s)

I am having a bad customer experience with Singapore Airlines during claiming my delayed and damaged luggage. Firstly, during my transfer in Singapore airport, a ground crew mentioned that they didn't have time to transfer my luggage. Thus, they left my luggage in Singapore which was due to fly in the next flight which is only going to fly the next day and the same time. The ground crew mentioned as soon as I arrived in Dubai I could ask Singapore Airlines to deliver the luggage with different airlines at the same day.

I was bound to come in for work the next day so having my luggage at the same time would be ideal. However, when I arrived in Dubai, the lost luggage claim basically could not send the luggage at the same day. They did not at least show that they tried to help me getting my luggage in the same day. The answer is just “no, we can’t.” I had to spend more than 2 hours in the lost luggage claim.

Secondly, my luggage arrived at 1 am on Saturday, Dec 12 which was more than 24 hours after my flight and it was damaged. I had a Polo Classic 29" luggage which was considerably new and rarely use. Thirdly, the customer service who handled my luggage claim shows no good gesture in coming to terms that will work both ways. Instead, he just giving me options that works conveniently to Singapore airlines instead of me. This is not what I expected from such an airline who claimed to have a good customer service especially when I had an expensive travel on business class.

I filed a complaint on my damaged luggage and Singapore airline picked it up and claimed to repair it. A couple of days later, I received an American Tourister bag without any notice before. Singapore Airlines did not give me any notice that they couldn't repair it and didn’t consulted with me if an American Tourister bag as a replacement will be OK for me. The replacement luggage was AED 285 ($70) almost half the price of my Polo luggage.

I sent another email conveying my disappointment, and Singapore Airlines claimed that they could not find the brand in Dubai shocking. I requested to be compensated with a luggage that is at least the same price or not far off from my luggage. After weeks of exchanging email, Singapore Airlines basically does not want to accommodate any of my suggestions. Instead the customer service, Mostafa **, basically gave me an ultimatum that I had to choose from one of the options they gave me. His options was: 1. New American tourister bag (sister company of Delsey) plus service recovery voucher 100 SGD (valid for one year). 2. Cash compensation USD 100 (equivalent AED 360). 3. Transfer the case to Jakarta so you can find same quality as your Polo bag.

My thoughts on the options: 1. Singapore Airlines did not ask whether an American Tourister bag worth of USD70 is OK for me as a replacement. They practically just wanted me to accept it while I do not want to accept something that worth half of my luggage. The voucher, as we all now, it is useless. I will never use it as I will not fly with Singapore Airlines anymore. 2. I checked in Abu Dhabi Mall that most of the 29" luggage cost around AED 500. This means if I take the cash amount, I had to get a new luggage with addition AED 150 from my own money and I had to carry my luggage all the way to my hotel. 3. If Singapore Airlines Dubai treated me this way, having the case transferred the case to Jakarta will not make it any different. I would expect to be compensated with cheap luggage and I did not have time to handle this any longer.

I just want to be treated fair. I do not know why they do not want to accommodate my request to provide me with a replacement bag that is at least the same price or not far off from my luggage. This is simple. But my experience with Mostafa **, he did not give me any thoughts in accommodating my request, gave me an ultimatum, and treated me to the convenience of Singapore Airlines instead of trying to accommodate any of my request. I have not received any remorse or apology from Mostafa nor Singapore Airlines. This is not expected from Singapore Airlines who is said highly valued in their customer services. This case has not been resolved, if you are in my position which option you are going to take or what action I need to take?

Helpful?YesNo

Dhruba of Kolkata, Other on Jan. 10, 2015

Satisfaction Rating

I was traveling by Singapore Airlines by their flight no. SQ1 from San Francisco to Hong Kong on 04-01-2015 and from Hong Kong to Singapore by flight SQ863 on 05-01-2015, and from Singapore to Kolkata by SQ 516 on 05-01-2015. At San Francisco, the direction was to through my luggage from SFO to CCU. On arriving at Kolkata, I did not get my luggage. The matter was reported at the help desk. They asked me to fill up the necessary papers which I did. When I tried contacting the Singapore Airlines, to my utter surprise, the telephone number mentioned in the filled up form given to me does not exist. Everyday, someone or another will call up and ask for description of my luggage and what was inside that. They would say that "we will call you at 22:00 hours" and give me a call at midnight to ask me silly questions which has already been answered. Till date, the baggage has not been received.

Helpful?YesNo

Milan of Norman Park, Other on Dec. 1, 2014

Satisfaction Rating

I had my parents come over to Australia from overseas for few weeks. Flight to Australia was flawless however, leaving Australia was just horrible. The check in agent in Brisbane was rude and very inconsiderate. My parents are in their 60s, they have traveled in the past and are not first-time travelers. Despite my mom having a bad knee and my dad possessing a deteriorating ankle, we did not request for special service because they could still walk, we would rather have someone else who really needs the service use it. Prior to their flight, we weighed, checked and re-checked their luggage. I also read the baggage allowance guide in the Singapore Airlines' website to make sure that their luggage complies with the rules. I checked my parents in online prior to arriving at the airport. My parents were entitled to 30 kgs of luggage each so a total of 60kgs for both (and according to SIA's website, luggage must not exceed 32 kgs each).

At the airport, one of my parents' luggage was 31 kgs and the other was 29 kgs, the check in agent told my parents that this was unacceptable eventhough both still weighed 60 kgs in total. She would only accept baggage not exceeding 30 kgs each. She told my parents that they either have to pay 1 kg in excess or transfer the 1 kg to the other bag. My parents ended up transferring the 1 kg to the other bag despite the information on SIA's website that must not exceed 32 kgs NOT 30 kgs). My parents were also both entitled to a carry on luggage (7 kgs in weight) with the sum of length, width and height of each piece not exceeding 115 cm. The check in agent totally picked on my parents because she also disallowed the carry on luggage that my parents were carrying at the time because she thinks it was too big, without even measuring it. I have used the same luggage as carry on (both in international and domestic flights) in the past and never had issues.

There were other passengers who had luggage bigger than what my parents had. I measured the luggage and the sum was not even 100 cm. It would even fit an Airbus 320's overhead bin. Lucky that my parents had an extra bag, so they removed all the contents of that carry on luggage and transferred everything in their extra bag. What's more ridiculous is that while waiting for boarding, the same check in agent used the airport's intercom to page my parents to report to wherever she was (after customs and immigration) just to make sure that they got rid of their previous carry on. Now, that's what I call power tripping. Didn't she have anything better to do than to bully my parents? Weren't they busy enough? Remember, these are two old people in their 60s, one with a bad knee and the other with an ankle injury. If you do not want yourself or someone you care about be disrespected and discriminated, do not fly this airline. That being said, I will never, for the life of me, fly this airline, nor will any of my family. I will also encourage friends and family to avoid this airline. There are better airlines out there who would treat you and anyone you care about with respect and as equal. This is blatant discrimination.

Helpful?YesNo

Shivas of Singapore, Other on Nov. 24, 2014

Satisfaction Rating

I had one of my worst experiences on SilkAir. I had booked a flight well in advance for my wife, son aged 5 and infant aged 3 months for a meet and assist. For this route, SilkAir is the codeshare flight for ‪#‎SIA‬. We checked in well ahead for the 8:05pm flight at around 5:00pm. We reminded them of the meet and assist and the lady at the counter who had terrible English (I was amazed at the low quality staff Silk Air has) could not pronounce our destination city and instead asked us to pronounce, seemed slightly clueless and told us to come back to her 15 min before boarding time of 7:15pm.

We came at 6:30pm and till 7:30pm kept coming back to her to remind her of the assistance. Each time she kept asking us to wait as they have called someone to come. They never bothered to check with us each time. The lady is CSA Demi at row 4 for SilkAir. The fourth time, a guy from one of the counters (who was spoken to earlier but kept playing on his mobile) and rudely asked us if other passengers are waiting - we could not. We told him about the 3 month infant, and that he was crying for a feed as we kept waiting for the assistance so as not to miss it if my wife went with him for a feed. At 7:40pm when we went and raised an alarm, we were approached by a CSO whose name started with R (can't remember her name), who identified as the manager there. She was rude and unsympathetic and asked me to complain to MI_feedback. She least cared. I asked her it would be ok with us if my wife got time to nurse my son who was crying frantically as the fault was theirs. She said she can't help that.

Finally at 7:45pm they arranged a guy who did not seemed equipped to handle passengers. We were shooed away to follow him. When we did he was very rude and had to manage three families. Ours, another lady with a kid and a wheelchair bound person with a large family. He rushed off leaving my wife to fend alone with the kids with multiple bags. My son in the melee fell down and bruised his head as he got scared with all this ruckus and the guy had rushed off with the wheelchair. I went back to complain about this. The CSO was least bothered and then went on to keep the 'closed' signboard, not bothering to hear us. They have pathetic staff at least in this case who're least equipped to handle passengers with sensitivity.

Helpful?YesNo

Ryan of Melbourne, Other on Nov. 1, 2014

Satisfaction Rating

I paid for two full price round trip tickets from Melbourne to New Delhi. Missed the first flight due to visa delays and hence flew out a couple of days later on another airlines. I did try to cancel the flight online, but the website would not allow me to. Just found out they cancelled my return flight and the best they will do is give me a credit for a flight that originates from Melbourne! So I am stuck in Delhi and will have to buy two more full price tickets. I will never ever fly with them again.

Helpful?YesNo

Joe of Scottsdale, AZ on Sept. 11, 2014

Satisfaction Rating

Last month I booked a series of flights from San Francisco USA to Chiang Mai Thailand. I was very conscious of my departure times, connecting flights and layovers when booking this ticket. My eTicket was confirmed and emailed to me and I further managed my booking by adding my personal information (i.e. Passport #, Email, Phone and KrisFlyer Rewards #). I selected my seat and meal preference and printed copies of my itinerary for my records. Now a week before my scheduled departure, I decided to verify my seat selection and have noticed the flight for the final leg of my itinerary has been changed from 9/20 @ 15:15 to 9/21 @ 15:15. I choose my flights very carefully and selected flights that would reach my destination by a specific date and time.

I wanted to make sure that I had not made a mistake and verified my correct travel information via confirmation emails from Singapore Air and the agent company who made the ticket purchase. I have called Singapore Airlines US Reservations via 1-800-742-3333 and was informed that I needed to speak to my booking agent regarding any changes. When I explained further that my booking agent has the correct itinerary information and that Singapore Air had the correct information as of 8/10/14. Now For some reason without as much as an email, my final connection flight has changed.

The agent I spoke to informed me the original flight I was schedule for may have been changed "due to a technical issue". He was very polite but was unable to tell me when or for what reason my itinerary had been changed. I find it completely unacceptable that Singapore Airlines would make these types of changes without concern for their customers needs and travel plans. Now I am forced to endure a 28 hour layover in a foreign country’s airport and try to reschedule my destination commitments and bookings. I am very disappointed.

Helpful?YesNo

Karim of Hurghada, Red Sea, Other on Sept. 1, 2014

Satisfaction Rating

On the 17/08 I flew with my wife on board of Singapore Airline from Cairo to Bali with 2 stopovers. I had the chance to book the seats online and to finalize the check in as well. Upon our arrival we found ourselves in the family area as announced by the hostess and there was no information during the online reservation about that. On the connection flight from Singapore to Bali we saw me & my wife cockroaches in the pantry immediately after the food was served. My wife was sick for 4 days and we lost 4 precious days from our vacation. I send an official complaint to Singapore airline website and for more than 10 days we are waiting for the feedback while they announce max 72 hours for a respond.

Helpful?YesNo

Gaurav of Sydney, Other on March 17, 2014

Satisfaction Rating

I am writing this to report a very unpleasant experience that my elderly parents had to go through courtesy of the Meet & Assist Service. They got their boarding passes at the Sydney Airport with MAAS stickers on them. I was with them at the time. I personally escorted them as far as I was allowed in Sydney and they could find their way to the gate in Sydney.

When the flight landed in Singapore, they were asked to wait till all passengers disembarked. They were then asked to wait outside the Aircraft in the arrivals area till someone comes and picks them up. The whole area got empty, all the Singapore Airlines staff left and they waited for more than half an hour after every one had left. No one came back for them.

They then went through a very tense process of walking across T3 looking for ways to get to T2 as their connecting Singapore Airlines flight was from T2. They asked several people on the way. Finally, a good person helped them get on the Sky Train to T2 where the person also helped them identify the gate where they had to go. This was not expected from Singapore Airlines at all and rest assured I will be sharing this experience with my network on Social Media.

Helpful?YesNo

Neha of Kolkata, TN on Jan. 16, 2014

Satisfaction Rating

I was travelling with Singapore Airlines from San Francisco to Kolkata on 2nd Jan. To my utter shock after reaching home, I realize my brand new Nexus 5 cell phone is missing from the case which was packed inside one of my checked in luggage. I contacted the airlines to report the theft and claim the amount. After delaying for 10 days they sent a paragraph from their lines stating they are not liable for goods inside the luggage bag and they advise to not carry valuable items in check in bags. So in case a passenger fails to read the guideline, does it give the airlines the right to open the luggage bag and take out whatever they wish. I feel shocked that such a so-called reputed airline employs thieves who can play around with the trust of customers.

Helpful?YesNo

Tona of Wamboin, OTHER on Dec. 23, 2013

Satisfaction Rating

I have traveled with Singapore Airlines ONCE and did advise my brother not to travel with them. I had to change my brother's booking as he became ill overseas, contacted Singapore Airlines who assured me everything would be fine. Booking was changed and I was charged for a one-way ticket back to Australia. I was given Numerous excuses as to why I had to pay for a new ticket. In the end, I gave up, I paid via my credit card over the phone. But it did not finish there. I was requested to complete a LETTER OF INDEMNITY FOR CREDIT CARD PAYMENT after all credit card details were given over the phone. (Are Singapore Airlines the ONLY airlines that need LETTER OF INDEMNITY FOR CREDIT CARD PAYMENT?) On this form, they request full name, ID number and copy of ID as well as your address, phone number and email address with all credit card details written out for them and last but not least your signature. This policy of Singapore Airlines is disgusting. A great for internet hackers as they have all your details and copy of your signature to top it off.

Helpful?YesNo

Leo of Sanur, other on Dec. 14, 2013

Satisfaction Rating

I used my credit card to pay for my daughter. Received a msg that my daughter needed to show my credit card in Johannesburg? I called and was told that if I was showing at any office of Singapore Airlines and signed a form for verification, it would be Ok. As I was in Amsterdam on the 01/12, I did it there and filled in the form, etc. I was assured everything was ok then. However, when my daughter wanted to check in, she was refused and because her connection there finally

succeeded at the last minute to go with the flight as planned. Her booking number was **, flight 9422, 13 December 2013. I am really very angry about bad organization/service of Singapore Airlines this time.

Helpful?YesNo

Raghu of Singapore, OTHER on July 16, 2013

Satisfaction Rating

2 days back I traveled on Silk Air from Hyderabad to Singapore. After eating chicken curry rice on the plane I fall sick with diarrhea literally am having hell lots of tablets. The quality of food is very bad even my doctor in Singapore told that he do experienced the quality of food is so bad in Singapore Airlines. Please can the authorities of SIA/SilkAir look into the quality of the food on the flights. Thank you.

Helpful?YesNo

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

Previous page

Next page

Abraham of Bangalore, KS on June 26, 2013

Satisfaction Rating

Complaint against Silk Air/Singapore Airlines. My ticket details - Onwards: Singapore Airlines - BLR to SIN 15th June 2013, Silk Air - SIN to LOP 16th June 2013, Return: Silk Air LOP to SIN 23rd June 2013, Tiger Airways - SIN to BLR 23rd June 2013.

I travel a lot on a lot of flights - Emirates, Qatar Airways, Air Arabia, Air Asia, Tiger Airways, Singapore Airlines, Silk Air, etc. But this was a crazy incident, both onward and return. I traveled from Bangalore to Lombok (Indonesia) via Singapore and back as mentioned above. I did not have a Singapore visa as I was not planning to get down at Singapore. This is the worst experience I have had and would never want to travel Singapore Airlines/Silk Air and will not recommend to anyone.

First of all, when I reached Lombok, one of my check-in baggage which was checked in directly from Bangalore did not reach Lombok. (I had totally two checked in luggage, 1 came.) I heard there is a compensation, but no news of when and where I will get it, who will give it, etc. I did not have any clothes. I had to buy everything. And, nobody (concerned Silk Air staff at Lombok) had any clue whether I will get my luggage back or not. The luggage came to my villa resort the next day afternoon (after around 30 hours).

Then, when I came back from Lombok to Singapore, they did not do direct check in of luggage to Bangalore. They asked me to do it in Singapore. I was fine with it. They asked me to contact the transfer desk and they will help me out. I went to the transfer desk in Singapore. They told me that I have to get past immigration and check in the luggage. As I did not have a Singapore visa, this was not possible. Hence, I lost my 2 check-in baggage. They told me I cannot take the Tiger Airways flight back to Bangalore as they are aware that I have 2 check-in luggage and that I would have to buy a non-low cost flight which will do check-in of my luggage for me.

I told them that my brother is in Singapore (who was traveling with me) and he would take my luggage. Then, they allowed me to travel, without my check-in luggage. They wrote that I do not have any check-in baggage and asked me to sign it. I would like to complain about these two incidents to the concerned heads and also I want to let everyone know about how Singapore Airlines/Silk Air/Tiger Airways staff at Singapore transfer desk treated me.

What they should have done: At the time of verification at Bangalore Airport (Singapore Airlines), they asked me for my Singapore visa. I told them that I do not have it as I am not getting out at Singapore. Then they asked me to show the return ticket. I showed them my return ticket from LOP to SIN via Silk Air and SIN to BLR via Tiger Airways. I was let in without any problem. If there was any issue with check-in baggage, they should have notified me then and there itself.

Also, at Lombok Airport, they told me to contact the transfer desk at Singapore and the check-in baggage can be transferred. Here, if they had told me that I cannot take check-in baggage without getting out, I would have carried it as hand luggage and would have had no problems at all. (At least, I could have taken one of the luggages as hand luggage.) This was not informed. Also, the staff at Singapore transfer desk was very rude to me. And, whenever I mentioned "YOU,” all the staff was taking it personally. But, when we say "YOU,” we mean the aircraft group and not any one person. They should understand this.

This information should be given prior to traveling and not while I am stuck at the airport having no other way than to let my baggage go. What if I was traveling alone? I would have lost my baggage or would have had to buy another flight ticket. What if I did not have money to buy another air ticket? Should I stay at the airport terminal? This is very poor service from Silk Air, Singapore Airlines.

Helpful?YesNo

Damien of Melbourne, OTHER on Dec. 26, 2012

Satisfaction Rating

My seat on SIA flight from Cape Town to Singapore 58H was torn. I reported it to the supervisor and got only an apology. The only spare seats available were in business class which wasn't an option for SIA to seat me there. I have never seen an aircraft with torn seats on such a long flight. Most budget airplanes fly better planes. The seats were dirty, and Boeing 777 was quite old. The TV screen was tiny and my earphones didn't work. SIA prides themselves saying the average age of their fleet is 6 years. It wasn't the case with this 777.

On another trip, SIA changed the time of their departure from Sao Paulo to Barcelona with only a short notice which resulted in me buying another ticket. After speaking to SIA manager, Mr. Neil **, at Sao Paulo airport, I got no understanding as it's part of terms and conditions that airline can change their flight schedule any time. His response was "Why should SIA pay the cost of changing the ticket?"

Singapore used to be a good airline. With the level of service they provide, it should not be called 5-star airline. It's all profit-orientated which comes at the cost of compromising passengers' comfort and satisfaction. This will be my last travel with SIA. I will post comments about my experience for others to reconsider before booking a flight with SIA. I complained to SIA but never got response. When I called their office in Australia, I was told to contact their office in South Africa and Brazil respectively. I hope someone from SIA reads this and tries to improve their service before losing more frequent travelers like myself.

Helpful?YesNo

Teh of Klang, other on Dec. 4, 2012

Satisfaction Rating

I had a flight from Malaysia -> Singapore -> Manila on Dec. 4 with Singapore airline. When we checked in, we already informed Singapore airline this bag will be taken to Manila. When we reached Manila, Singapore airline told us that our bag is on the next flight, which will arrive at 6pm ++, and they promised to send the bag to our hotel at 8pm. At about 9 something, they called and said it has been delayed again and the bag will arrive at around 10pm-10:30pm. We waited until 10:30pm. The bag did not arrive, and we tried to call Singapore airline again. No people picked up. I really feel very disappointed with Singapore airline. They are not responsible at all and never do as they promise. Until now, I’m still unable to take a bath and sleep without my bag. It’s really a waste of my time.

Helpful?YesNo

Barbara of Currimundi, OTHER on Dec. 2, 2012

Satisfaction Rating

My daughter injured herself in Hong Kong when we were about to leave from our trip. She hurt her back quite badly and all we asked for was maybe somewhere where she could lay down or maybe a seat with a spare next to it. They said because we were economy, there was no way they would think about it and this was at the Hong Kong airport. So arriving in Singapore, having a connecting flight, we asked at the Singapore Airlines counter the same thing. They replied, "Yes, that's fine. But it will be an extra $10,000 for the both of you." For one, I (the mom) didn't need to lie down. It was only my daughter who nearly cried all the way from Hong Kong to Singapore. Secondly, who has a spare 10 grand! So she was in that much pain, she was on the verge of throwing up and all the air hostesses could say is "If she's going to be sick, we will have to notify Australian quarantine and you will be quarantined." OMFG!

Are you serious? Here's my daughter in absolute pain as she injured her back and no one cared. I will never fly with Singapore Airlines again. The sad thing was I was recommended by so many people that they are amazing. What, because they serve food and drinks? Well they never looked after us and we really needed it. To top off everything, it was her birthday. Very, very, very upset about the whole situation and not only that, it was so embarassing as all the surrounding passengers just kept staring and watching us. Never again. I just thought they would have been more accommodating. Maybe if I was someone famous.

Helpful?YesNo

Dhakshnamurthy of Chennai, OTHER on Sept. 29, 2012

Satisfaction Rating

I am an Indian. I worked in Brunei from Jan. 11 to July 12. On 27.04.12, I made an online booking - Brunei-Chennai-Brunei. Unfortunately, I had quit my job in Brunei and cancelled my Singapore air ticket online on 15/06/12. Immediately I got a mail message from Singapore Airlines saying that a cheque for the refund amount will be sent within 14 working days. I had sent so many mails to Singapore Airlines and the local Singapore Airlines sales officer, and I have not received any reply. And the refund amount is not credited to my bank account. Please guide me to get back the refund amount. Thanks in advance.

Helpful?YesNo

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singapore Airlines?

517,175 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.

We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.

We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.

Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.

For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.

dhakshnamurthy of Perambur, OTHER on Sept. 12, 2012

Satisfaction Rating

I am an Indian who worked in Brunei on January 11 to July 12. On 27/04/12, I made an online booking to Brunei-Chennai-Brunei (electronic ticket number **, airlines booking reference **). Unfortunately, I had quit my job in Brunei and cancelled my Singapore air ticket online on 15/06/12. Immediately I got a mail message from Singapore Airlines saying that a check for the refund amount will be sent within 14 working days. Please refer to the file attached. I had sent so many mails to Singapore Airlines and local Singapore Airlines sales officer and I have not received any reply. The refund amount is not credited to my bank account. Please guide me to get back the refund amount. Thanks in advance.

Helpful?YesNo

Margaretha of Jakarta, Other on July 8, 2012

Satisfaction Rating

My flight, SQ 319, on 28 June 2012 from London to Singapore arrived on 29 June 2012. Due to the very tight connection time (less than 1 hour), we were in a rush to move from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2. I forgot to take my camera bag from the upper compartment (camera and camcorder with our precious family vacation with Europe photos). I just realized this when we arrived in Jakarta. I quickly called my sister who is residing in Singapore. She called SQ and the lady said that they've found them and asked her to go and collect them. She went to collect the items on Monday night, 2 July 2012. Mr. ** from Lost and Found dept. gave her the items which he took from the safety deposit box. The Found Items receipt no. is **.

When she checked, the 32G micro chip memory card was missing from the camera. I was so shocked in disbelief. It was stated clearly in the Found Items receipt that there was one 32G micro chip memory card. The photos are worth more than anything. It has all our memory of the Europe vacation for almost 3 weeks in it. How could someone with such a low morale want to ruin other people's life by doing this? The memory card only costs a few dollars. Why is that person doing this? Worst, Mr. ** said that Singapore Airlines is not responsible for the items lost and asked us to report to the police. But the SQ staff already signed the Found Items receipt and they were handed all the items stated in the receipt. Then how come you are not responsible? After I talked to him, then he promised my sister that SQ will investigate this matter in a couple of days.

The next day, after trying to call more than 10 times, I finally could talk to Mr. **. He said that ** is on leave today and they are still investigating it. He promised Mr. ** will call me or my sister tomorrow. I even gave him my e-mail address. The next morning, I called SQ again and after so many tries, finally connected to Mr. ** (always take me more than 10 times to call SQ Lost and Found dept. before getting connected). Mr. ** was not as helpful as Mr. ** last night. I said it's supposed to be easy to find who has access to the Safety Deposit Box on the

Show more