2015-12-31

About Me

Alias: Ikgbrd, Aaliann

Personality:

Describing my personality....yay, my favorite thing. Hmm, what should I say? I like to think I'm funny and fun to be around, and I like to think I'm not the only one who believes that. I can be pretty quiet and reserved until I get to know somebody, and then after that I can literally talk forever. I love coming up with new ideas, whether it be story ideas, academic theories, or just ways to streamline things at work. And I love discussing those ideas with other people and hearing their ideas in turn. I get super excited when I feel like I'm clicking with someone intellectually and creatively, which is probably why RP appeals to me as much as it does. So yeah, let's come up with some cool ideas together.

About Me:

Hmm, well, I'm currently working as a bar manager for a fairly well known restaurant chain and pursuing a major in sociology, a minor in CYAF and a second minor in education. I have two awful kitties, one pretty alright boyfriend, and way too many dishes to do in my kitchen. My favorite genre to write is urban fantasy/supernatural, but my favorite genre to read is horror. I like to read r/nosleep before bed, and maybe one of these days I'll actually be able to sleep afterward.

I'm just recently getting back into RP after a pretty extended break, so I'm still trying to ease back into it. My first RP experience was spending almost five plus years on one specific site, and I've looked around for a new one but haven't found one that quite feels like home just yet. I have, however, had some luck with one on one RPs, so I'm looking to get a few more buddies to play with.

Do you like to use messengers to chat?

Well, I just recently got Skype, so I'm pretty comfortable with that as long as you don't mind me accidentally pushing the call button occasionally. Other than that, PM here is fine, and email as well.

How long have you been roleplaying?

Maybe 13 years or so now? Maybe longer. As I said, I was on one particular site for a very long time, and when that site got shut down I kind of lost my heart for it for quite awhile. I've been back into it for three or four months, and I like to think I haven't lost my touch.

About Roleplaying

What is the plot (or plots) that you'd like to play out with someone?

More than anything I would like to have an open supernatural sort of theme if possible. Though I really don't like playing an any specific fandoms, I really like the feel of Buffy and Angel; I like to have a little campiness and humor, a world that doesn't take itself to seriously, mixed with gritty drama and character arcs that make up the meat of it all. We can come up with our own world, or find more traditional rules to follow that we both like.

In terms of plots, I'm looking for someone who can really challenge and push my characters beyond their limits. A couple of the ideas that I've been wanting to play around with:

-a character who will help lead my most self-destructive character into a downward spiral. They can either be someone who really is bad and doesn't have good intentions at all, or someone who's as equally as messed up in the head as she is. I'm not thinking an abusive relationship, just a destructive one. I kind of want her pushed to her limits to see what kind of choices that she makes at the end of the day.

-a plot that turns the idea of good and evil on it's head. I want characters that have the best of intentions but are seen as evil based on society, religion, political ideals, etc, and a story that deals with the implications of morality.

-or, on the other hand, just a big bad creature for our characters to have to team together and fight, with lots of magic and plotting and shenanigans involved.

-a haunting plot line. I started a site-wide haunting plot on my last RP site, but never got to carry it to completion. I wouldn't want to reenact it of course, rather come up with a new one to play around with.

Obviously none of these are super specific, because I really want to hear others ideas added in there as well. I can come up with more specific plots f you'd like, but I'd much rather work with someone to come up with one. Also, just because it's not on the list doesn't mean I'm not interested. Please, throw your ideas at me. I'm sure we can make something stick.

How often do you generally post?

I guess I'll start by saying I work odd hours. It's been mostly nights lately, but that's up for change just about whenever. Beyond that, I can usually still be pretty active and at least manage one post a day, usually more. If not I'll let you know. I definitely prefer multiple posts a day, however, and very soon I will be in the position that I can guarantee that myself. My patience is almost nonexistent if there's an idea I'm excited about though, so I really can't have someone who can only post once or twice a week unless there are special circumstances.

How much do you generally post?

One to two paragraphs, generally. More if I'm starting a thread or if it's getting super emotional and intense. I try to react to whatever I'm given, and give plenty in return, but really I just go with the flow of the story. Some things need fewer words to get the point across, some need more. *shrug*

Do you like to write in first person or third person?

Third, for sure.

Who are your favorite playbys (PBs)?

I don't really have favorites? I have certain ones assigned to certain characters I already have, but I can't say I'm picky. Honestly, I'm cool with or without them.

What playbys (PBs) do you hate?

Do people hate specific PBs?

What rating are you comfortable with?

3-3-3. My characters cuss, drink, and make bad decisions, often in that order. They'll probably think yours are weird if they don't. :p

How do you feel about writing out graphic scenes such as violence, drug use, and sex?

Cool with all of it. It certainly shouldn't be the main focus, but stuff happens, and if that's where the story leads I'm fine with going there.

Character Examples

Will provide upon request.

Final Statement

How do you want to be contacted?

Here preferably, through PM. If we talk and decide to get something going, I can give you my Skype and we can go from there.

Anything else?

I'm super easy going and can get pumped about just about any idea, so don't be scared. If we don't click, we don't click, but I'm always down for giving it a go.

Show more