2015-12-01

For those that love Super Smash Bros, or really anything Nintendo for that matter, it's usually for a few very good reasons. We love the characters, the gameplay, the ability to annihilate friends with a cute floating pink pom-pom... and for a good majority, it holds a special nostalgic place in our little gamer hearts. The point being, we can't get enough of the characters, and we certainly love our crossovers.

The Idea; When you're not playing the game, what do the characters do? Does the world freeze, silently awaiting the return of the beloved gamer? Or does it live a life of it's own? While SSB was the crossover that put together some of the most iconic characters in gaming, and Square Enix toyed with the idea both with Kingdom Hearts and Dissidia, I would have to say that Wreck-It Ralph, the Pixar animated film was the one to really strike out in a direction that inspired me the most.

Along the lines of the film, and the first intro of the SSB series, my idea could best be summed up as a crossover roleplay where the character's interact as they were aware of their status as game characters. With tons of opportunities for funny and creative twists on the characters we love, the gaming factor wouldn't be left out either, allowing for story lines that are more dynamic, as well as others that are a little more slice of life. Theirs would be a society where very different worlds collide in ways the movie didn't even cover, and that's just the start to all the creative story lines that could come from such a premise.

Initially, Nintendo would be a starting place, focusing mostly on their classic IP's such as Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Etc. Likely, there would be a few other series to start off as well from their prospective companies, much like the tie-ins of Sega and Capcom in SSB. New games would be "unlocked" and their worlds and characters accessible to play to fit demand (probably by a vote every so often), so as not to be too overwhelming at first. Ideally, I would like to focus on a more light-hearted approach to the concept, with room for comedy and action in equal measure.

Though the exact details are not written in stone yet, a very loose overarching plot, in addition to story arcs, and events would probably be implemented in order to keep things interesting.

The Call; I must confess, I'm extremely rusty and even a bit clueless about how RPGs run nowadays. For a project like this, I would truly need a sturdy team to help which is not something I'm used to. But I can't ignore that for a project like this, it's going to take more than just a passion for the source material and the skills of little ol' me to pull it off. While I do have background in coding, and graphics, I am not familiar with how the style sheets run on new forums. I would need a team of at least one coder, maybe one graphic artist and at least one person with admin experience. I know there's probably a lot of little things that would need to be implemented that I can't even begin to think about now, so having a group to work with would really make the work load far more manageable.

Show more