2017-02-10

Long, long ago when I first started roleplaying on proboards there was a feral pokemon roleplay board on proboards that was basically warriors but with pokemon? I was never able to fully enjoy it because it was a "literate" site that demanded 500 words per post and I was 14 so I couldn't do it but I loved it so much. As of lately that nostalgia began to come back, and with the site I originally roleplayed on to get that feral pokemon roleplay itch dead. I'm looking to make one of my own soon so that it can live on.

I don't have a basic plot yet, but I do have a setting in mind:

It will take place before the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon timeline. Where towns and guilds were beginning to crop up and pokemon from their feral tribes or clans begin to favor town living with other pokemon. It being a chaotic time for pokemon: Clan and town wars being common and people are beginning to explore their world, they needed pokemon who were willing to band together and rescue those who are in trouble. Which is when a guild is born.

This pokemon world will also have a concept of perma death: if a pokemon is attacked and faints in a dungeon, if they do not get rescued by the next IC season the pokemon will be considered dead. IC seasons will run it's course 3 times a year, with one month being one season and each IC year being four months. This is to encourage the exploring of season only dungeons, however the site will also run on liquid time. So people will not need to worry about finishing their threads before the season ends.

There will be five places in the site map where people can choose to either set up a feral clan of pokemon or a town with a guild. However when the site opens it will not be "discovered" yet. The first few players will make a select a land and with multiple pokemon IC wise discover and choose what to do with the land themselves, then the members that come forth could pick where they want to go, and depending on site events or natural disasters the land will be up for the taking again.

The leveling and battling system I had in mind will be like this:

A fairly simple one: everyone levels up the same and has the same strength, even if they're fully evolved. The only thing leveling will do on the site IC wise is give pokemon access to more powerful moves. However there will be bosses, in which will add the amount of levels the pokemon that are entering that boss fight to be important. For the battle system. There will be no "move set" that the pokemon will have to remember or forget, once a pokemon in the roleplay learns a move they will be able to access that move at any time.

Example:

Lets say a group of level 5 pokemon make to the end of the dungeon, to only find out that there is a boss who is level 20. If a party of 4 pokemon were made all the levels adding up together will be 20, and they will be able to battle the boss pokemon without serious injury.

The way I think dungeons will be set up in mind is:

There will be no floors to the dungeons. All of the characters will have a mission that needs to be done. A rank on the mission will correspond with how many pages that need to be done, and mission completion will be based on how the players describe what they are doing for their quest. The only time an "admin" will jump is if they trigger an event which will require fighting a pokemon, a puzzle that needs to be done or mission completions.

Example:

If a player gets a easy ranked mission, all they need to do is look for a berry. A group of two enter the dungeon to look for the berry that is needed. They spend two posts entering the dungeon, four looking for the berry, but what if a pokemon attacks? They spend 6 posts attacking the Pokemon, and now the thread is on page two. Once the second page is done, they meet the minimal requirement needed to finish their mission. They keep going on, looking for the berry for two more posts until a mod posts that they found the berry. Once they find the berry they must post about finding the berry, then post about leaving the dungeon. The mission will be judged by an admin, and they get their experience points for their mission plus the extra for fighting that pokemon.

A rating for the roleplay:

The general content rating of the roleplay I have in mind is ironically 3-3-3. I'm an adult and I heavily believe in being able to roleplay like an adult. The sites I stay on the longest and have enjoyed the longest have a 3-3-3 rating, so it will be a 18+ site the site will be made on icyboards.

So just a recap:

-18+ pokemon mystery dungeon RP site with tribes made on icyboards

-Players will make their own towns or tribes

-Dungeons will have no floors

-Missions rankings are based upon page length and have requirements that need to be met IC wise before finishing.

-Liquid time with seasons

-No word count, but quality is encouraged over quantity.

-Pick any pokemon you want to roleplay as that isn't a legendary pokemon.

-Simple leveling and battling system.

So what do you guys think? If I get enough people interested(5 or 10) I will go on making the site. I know that I and @FennecFyre have a interest in this RP, but I want to know if the interest will be enough to make a full fledged RP board out of it instead of roleplaying it privately.

Show more