2016-09-19

Site name and link: Wayside Adventure: Based on the Chronicles of Narnia (working title)

Site genre: Fandom, Medieval Fantasy
Opening date/expected opening date: May 2017 (can be moved up if everything is ready in time, I'm expecting to do a soft opening via invites beforehand)
Site info: Narnia 1014, The Crown Prince[/size] has returned to Archendale, and a new period of trade and foreign relations begins throughout the empire. Relationships between Archendale and Narnia to the north are stronger than ever, but though peace talks have been made between Calormen and the Giants of Ettinsmoor, but goodwill is tenuous at best. With new ships from the island nations coming in every day, a new age of diplomacy has begun.

My goal is to create a friendly, welcoming environment for old fans of the Narnian books as well as roleplayers new to the genre. Site canon will be based on the books with plenty of information given to help members. I'm wary about labeling this "au" yet, but I don't want to get caught up in strict canon if the site plot and characters tend to stray. I want members to be just as much a part of the site's story as the staff-run subplots and site events.

Your name: Gin/Ginger
Contact info: Reply to this thread, or contact me via PM. I have AIM.

Positions hiring for: Co-Admins, Moderators, Coders, and Graphic Makers
Information about positions: I expect all staff to be active, friendly, and good communicators. I'm going to take responsibility for disruptive members, so I'm going to rely on the rest of the staff for being friendly and accepting to everyone. In addition to the busy work that comes with running a site, I want staff to plot with members - especially new ones or those who seem "unpopular". There should be mutual respect between staff members, and any disagreements between them will be handled in a mature, conscientious manner NOT in a public forum.

Note: If you are applying for an admin position, you will be asked to provide a link to the sites you've staffed for within the last year.

Co-Admin 1: 5+ years rp experience, at least 1 year admin experience. I am a very detail-oriented person, so I would like someone who can help me run the site, and help further the story from a "big picture" point of view. I need someone to have the endgame in mind when we discuss new plots as well as someone with a degree of world-building skills.

Co-Admin 2: 5+ years rp experience, at least 1 year admin experience. As mentioned before, I have a tendency to get caught up in the details. This means that I can spend hours making up a to-do-list, and creating so much work that it's impossible to get it all done. I need someone who knows how to mercilessly cut down to the basics, and clearly explain to me why some of my ideas aren't plausible.

Co-Admin 3: 5+ years rp experience, at least 1 year experience as staff. I work and go to school, so I can't be on-site all the time. I'm hoping to find someone who is friendly, welcoming, and as much in love with Narnia as I am. I'm also hoping this person can be online when I am not. I'm in the Central timezone, so you get bonus points if you're 5+ hours ahead or behind me. I want you to help me enrich the site with as much adventure and warmth as the original books.

Moderators: 5+ years rp experience. I will expect you to know the site well enough to answer questions, and have enough time to move threads as well as make active posts. I am more than happy to hear suggestions for the site, but any "official" decision will be made by myself or another admin. The majority of "linking back" advertising will fall on moderators. You should be able to play an NPC as needed.

Coders: Any experience level, but a gallery or examples of your work will be expected. I want the site to be easily navigated and user-friendly, so I'm hoping to have sideboard links, as well as other navigational tools. I would like templates to be as easy for the members as [ post ][ /post ], so a thorough knowledge of jcink and html are expected. I admittedly know very little about coding, but I am willing to work with you in order to compromise.

Graphic Makers: Any experience level, but a gallery or examples your work will be expected.The site will have only the necessary graphics, but it will be a lot as is. I would like to provide a graphics shop for members to request avatars (crops, colorings, and manips as needed) as well as premade graphics for animal and creature characters. I myself am a graphics maker, but I would like some help with this.

Other notes: I only have experience as a moderator and graphics maker on sites. I am currently in the process of becoming an admin on a site I am at, but I have hardly any experience as a Head Admin. This being the case, I am more than happy to defer to experience (which is why I've asked for so much of it in the first place). However, I will not be bullied or ignored, so please work WITH me, not for me. Some of the things I've mentioned are negotiable, others are not. If you don't fit all of the qualifications, but would still really love to be a part of this staff team, then please just PM me, and we'll discuss things from there!

Show more