Email email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about the role!
With more than 100 locations worldwide, Robert Half Technology is a leading provider of IT professionals on a project and full-time basis for initiatives ranging from web development and systems integration to network security and technical support. Through our alliances with industry-leading organizations such as HDI® and the Microsoft® Partner program, we have access to client companies that other staffing firms don't. In addition to our free job search services, we provide our candidates with access to free online technical training and a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Our parent company, Robert Half, once again was named to FORTUNE® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" and was the highest-ranked staffing firm. (March 1, 2016)
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.674.2094 or visit roberthalf.com/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
*Req ID:* 04310-9500253036
*Functional Role:* Systems Administrator
*City:* Glen Allen
*Postal Code:* 23060
*Requirements:* Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the set-up and administration of our Microsoft Windows Server environment; including management of back-ups and the deployment of software upgrades and patches
* Responsible for Windows Server/NT System(s) administration (including, but not limited to): File & Print, Active Directory, and Proxy, VMWare Server, Citrix Xen Services and Exchange
* Plans and executes complex software installations and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
* Continually monitors and tunes systems to achieve optimum performance levels
* Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
* Plans and implements the modernization of servers
* Provides technical support for business applications programming and operations personnel, facilities personnel (cable installation), and software/hardware vendors
* Responsible for the purchasing of new hardware and software and providing documentation of corporate systems
* Works with subsidiaries and third party vendors on various projects
* Designs, implements, maintains and supports remote application presentation and access technologies (EG: CITRIX)
* Maintains and supports Virtual Server technologies
* Monitors and manages system health checks OS's and system S/W
* Maintains secure backend systems and LANs
* Provides guidance and recommendations on all backend OS's
* Participates in proposals and system architectures
* Installs and configures system backup/restore/failover software and hardware
* Supports in the configuration of Routers, Firewalls and Load Balancers
* Assists in installation and configuration of databases
* Responsible for installing, configuring, and updating monitoring software
* Applies system OS and db patch sets
* Installs SQL and Oracle database software
* Develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures
* Assists Network Administrators as needed with LAN, WAN, Internet, specifically on integration with the servers and services implemented by the Systems Team
* Manages and controls software licenses
* Maintain a 24x7 production environment and participate in rotating 'on-call' schedules with other members of the team
* Mentors staff and is a key liaison to peers and others system administrators