2014-05-09

I (PSN ID: NovaMage) will be hosting a gamelab-based tournament for PS4. I've named this mode MAD (Master Assassins Deathmatch). The version 1 of the template for the mode is as follows:

Mode Template: Assassinate

Approach Meter: High (+350, i.e. A silent kill animation)

Compass : Force OFF

Map Type: Small

The intent of this mode is that, albeit being assassinate, it is played out like a "refined" version of deathmatch, and it doesn't put any restrictions on the types of abilities a player can use. As with the Nothing Is True tournament, my intent is to develop a competitive community that plays the mode, and, if needed, refine the mode further over time. We want something fun to play, yet competitive, and without the irritation that comes from obeying a contract system to which very few players agree. At the same time, I wanted to introduce some of the nice elements of assassinate (choose your own target, chain kills, perform multi-kills and multi-stuns) and some new strategies as well (lock-pressure, haybale hiding, hands-free npc-walking).

The mode already has been played out to some extent for its initial refinement, but its likely that this tournament will become the real refinement test for the mode.

========================

GENERAL INFO & SCHEDULE

========================

Preliminary Matches - Sunday, July 20 of 2014, 8PM GMT

Finals - Sunday, July 27 of 2014, 8PM GMT

Tournament is expected to consist of either 12 or 18 players divided in two or three sides of the bracket. Unlike conventional AC tournaments, MAD Gamelab lobbies tournament standard is a 6 man lobby. During the first round, the total players will be divided in groups of 6, resulting in either 2 or 3 sides of the bracket. Each group of 6 players will play 4 matches of MAD Gamelab V1. At the end of each match, each player earns a number of points according to the following:

1st - 7pts

2nd - 6pts

3rd - 5pts

4th - 4pts

5th - 3pts

6th - 2pts

7th - 1pts

8th - 0pts

After four matches, the bottom 3 or bottom 4 players of each lobby are disqualified, and the others proceed to the finals. In the case of 18 players, the bottom 4 are disqualified, and the top 2 of the 3 lobbies proceed to the finals (for a 6 man final lobby). In the case of 12 players, the bottom 3 are disqualified, thus the top 3 of the two lobbies proceed to the finals(for a 6 man final lobby). Scores will be reset for the finals, and essentially the same process will be repeated, with the same score system. After 4 matches in the finals, the top 3 players will be awarded the respective prizes, as shown below in the "PRIZES" section.

In either round, if there's a tie, the tie-breaker will be done by taking the players individual scores in each multiplayer match, and the person whose scores sum is the highest will win the tie.

================

GAMEPLAY RULES

================

Everything follows the template that was described before.

If anyone lags out or crashes during a match, the match may be restarted if it happened during the first minute. If it happens after the first minute, the match must continue normally. Depending on how influential the disconnect was, tournament officials may need to step in and take a decision that will vary.

===============

PRIZES

===============

There will be prizes for the top 3 places. These prizes skip me as a participant, meaning, that if I take first place, prizes are awarded for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. If I am second, then prizes go to 1st, 3rd and 4th, and so on.

1st - 30 dollars US PSN code OR 20GBP UK PSN code OR 30 dollars via PayPal

2nd - 20 dollars US PSN codes OR 15GBP UK PSN code OR 20 dollars transferred via PayPal

3rd - 10 dollar US PSN code OR 5GBP UK PSN code OR 10 dollars transferred via PayPal

Essentially, you can redeem your prize via USA PSN codes, via UK PSN codes, or via PayPal (you can only choose one option according to your place). I've done this in order to give more options for participants to redeem their prizes and thus appeal to a wider spectrum of players. In case you don't have paypal, if you are from UK or US you can go for the code rewards instead.

=============================

CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATING

=============================

With Nothing Is True #1 tournament, it was very exciting and interesting to explore the possibility of viewing all POV's of players from the tournament. Now, with the latest patch from Sony, it is further enhanced and the possibilities are pretty much endless since the videos can now be directly extracted from the PS4 via USB to a stick, thus preserving a far better quality than before.

So the main condition to participate in the tournament is that YOU AGREE to provide the footage that you record during the tournament to me (NovaMage). That DOES NOT mean you are granting me exclusive use of the footage, you may use the footage for yourself, or give it to anyone else, do whatever you want with it, at any given time, without my consent. The only thing you MUST agree to in order to participate, is that if I ASK you to upload your footage somewhere and give me access to it, you will. Also, you agree to allow me to use the footage for my own channel as well, without any further notice from me to you.

Also, it is encouraged that you upload as many matches to your own youtube channel, if you have one, but this is only a recommendation, not a requirement.

The primary idea of recording the tournament is the following:

-It is easy to prove anyone's innocence/guiltiness in case someone is accused of cheating in any form. Since every player's point of view is available, this makes the decision far easier for tournament officials.

-The footage may be used for further promo on my channel (especially the finals, and the winner's POV). Although, I will not ensure any footage in particular will make it into my channel.

For Nothing Is True #1 Tournament I had posted on my channel an example of how to record the matches, and how to avoid a recording bug on PS4 that sometimes makes you record your first 15 minutes of play instead of your last 15 minutes (which is how it should work, hope Sony patches that soon). Here is the link of the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eycY5Z3oizQ

As a final note, entry for the tournament is FREE. No fee of any sort required.

===============

HOW TO ENTER

===============

Respond to this thread with the following information.

-PSN Username (required)

-Preferred way to redeem the prize(required)

-Twitter (optional, but preferred)

-Youtube (optional, but preferred)

-Facebook (optional, but preferred)

Please leave at least one means of communication. Failure to provide contact near deadline dates for the tournament may result in you being disqualified. However, I will always send messages at least a few days before directly to your PSN account, to attempt to contact for confirmation of the tournament.

Also, another suggestion is that you are able to use party chat, but it is not a requirement. It certainly eases the coordination process for the tournament. But even if you just listen, that's usually still good enough.

=============================================

REGISTERED PLAYER LIST (in order of registry)

=============================================

1 - NovaMage

========================

RESULTS

========================

Results will be posted here once they are available.

Show more