2015-05-19

I just finished Dead Kings.

It's really not that much to speak of, being little more than an extended treasure hunt. I've always found it kind of amusing that the Assassins of Ubisoft have probably raided more tombs collectively than Lara Croft at this point. I also found the premise rather questionable since while I'm sure Pimp Gangster Marquis De Sade could find Arno Dorian a way to get out of the country, I'm also quite sure that Arno could just buy a ticket too. I wasn't aware he was wanted for anything and, oh right, he's an Assassin.

Or was.

The thing is that I actually like cynical angry Arno Dorian. The guy who absolutely despises the Revolution, idealism, and naivity. My God, Arno actually EMOTED other than, "Smug Charming *******." While I normally hate children in video games with a passion, I even liked Leon's role as providing Arno someone to yell at.

Angry Cynic Arno could actually carry a game, I think, and would be someone I'd like to see again.

Sadly, just when he's getting some character development, that's the end of the story.

Show more