2015-09-20

So, I've decided to take the plunge and go with a full mod 34cc reed case OBR engine to stick into my Chimera. I've been in contact with Sean at OBR and he said that the chassis can stand one of the reed case G340 series engines if the chassis/drivetrain has been hardened. My question to everyone is what other parts other than the 7075rc plate and aluminum front and rear suspension parts should I consider? Does anyone make aluminum center spool carriers? Bearing carriers for the front and rear drives? Aluminum drive cups for the front? Just curious. Also, I asked Sean if there were any after market gear manufacturers for the redcat gears. He said he'd ask the guy that makes the gears for them if they have thought of producing a set. If they aren't too pricey, I might check into those as well. The gears for redcats aren't produced with the best steel out there. Powder Steel? Seriously? What is that? So, he said he'd inquire about them. Which is totally awesome for a manufacturer to do that. Props to them.

Show more