2014-06-03

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and I have a couple questions about my new Dune Runner 4x4 I just picked up. I was originally going to get a Rovan/King/HPI Baja 5T/SC because I just really love the scale look of the 1/5 scale short course trucks when they're barreling along and in the air. The only thing that I didn't like about them was the way they seemed to handle in just about all the videos I watched. For reference, I started out with a T-Maxx way back in the day, a Savage (when they first came out) and a couple 1/8 scale buggies (Ofna Ultra LX Pro and a Kyosho MP 7.5) and sold them all a few years back, so my entire RC repertoire has been 4WD.

I did see the King T2000, which was intriguing until I heard/read about all the issues with the front suspension and chassis failures, and the Losi was just out of my price range to get back into the hobby. I watched a few videos with the Dune Runner and was pretty much hooked, but now I have a few questions:

1) I'm pretty sure I saw a couple pictures of a Dune Runner with a short course body, but I have not been able to figure out how they handled the mounting.

2) Are there any legitimate/workable bumper options out there for the Dune Runner (like for the V3 MT or something?)

3) Does anyone have both a Baja & Dune Runner? Any way you could post a picture of the differences in the chassis rails? I only ask because the Dune Runner look extremely similar to the Baja and wanted to see if any of the Baja 5t conversion parts might be usable.

Thanks for the help!

Show more