2015-11-30

Evening all,

It seems that some changes may be afoot for Plymouth Citybus' "Go Cornwall" network in the New Year. Although there is nothing as yet on the PCB website a look on Traveline SouthWest reveals that:

- Service 32 (Plymouth City Centre - Torpoint Ferry) has a timetable for the period to 09-Jan-2016 and also one starting 10-Jan-2016 but Services 32A & 32B (Plymouth - Liskeard and Plymouth - Millbrook respectively) only have TTs until 09-Jan-2016.

- Further to the bit about Service 32, there are also 3 new routes given on TSW: 70 (Plymouth - Torpoint - Cremyll), 70A (Plymouth - Torpoint - Great Park - Cremyll) and 70B (Plymouth City Centre - Torpoint - Great Park - Crafthhole - Cremyll). Interestingly only 1 morning journey to, and 3 evening journeys from, Plymouth serve Crafthole (Service 70B) but it seems that Crafthole has nothing inbetween. I can't help wondering why it should get the 1 morning and 3 evening journeys but no other daytime service: although Crafthole is not especially big I would have thought a bus or two during the daytime off-peak would be a good idea.

- A timetable has also turned up for a Service 71 between Plymouth, Torpoint, Seaton and Liskeard wef 10-Jan-2016 which will operate 7 days per week, including Bank Holidays. Most journeys on the timetable start from Plymouth Railway Station before serving the City Centre. Timetable gives, on Mondays to Saturdays (not Bank Holidays), a roughly hourly daytime service between Torpoint and Plymouth with journeys every 2 hours (for the most part) operating to / from Liskeard. It also seems that inbound journeys from Torpoint will terminate in Plymouth City Centre and not serve the railway station. Perhaps it is interworking with another route? I guess the 71 is a new service as there is currently no timetable for it.

- Services 11 (Plymouth - Saltash - Tideford - Liskeard), 12 (Plymouth - Callington - Bude), 72 (Plymouth - Saltash - Looe - Polperro), 73 (Liskeard - Looe - Polperro) & 74 (Liskeard - Callington) all have a timetables valid to 09-Jan-2016, and new ones starting 10-Jan-2016.

- Service 75 (Liskeard - Padstow) has a timetable available up until 09-Jan-2016 but nothing thereafter. I wonder if this route is being dropped, or if something as yet unknown is to replace it, or if there is to be a new timetable but it simply isn't yet available? In view of the fact that new TTs are available for the other routes the third possibility seems a bit unlikely IMO.

It would also appear that changes are planned for the Plymouth area itself:

- Service 10 has a new timetable starting 10-Jan-2016 but there are no new timetables for routes 10A and 10B which, I presume, are being dropped.

- TSW has a TT for service 27 (Plymouth CIty Centre - Deer Park - Derriford - Tamar Science Park) until 09-Jan-2016 but from 10-Jan-2016 Service 27 is given as Plymouth City Centre - Lower Compton - Austin Crescent and there are new routes 27A and 27B. The 27B has one morning and 3 evening journeys on Mondays to Saturdays (not Public Holidays). The route to / via. Tamar Science Park is dropped on the new TT.

- a new TT for the 34 (City Centre - Derriford Hospital) is given wef 10-Jan-2016. There are also routes 34A (City Centre - Royal William Yard) & 34B (City Centre - Derriford Hospital) added from the same date.

- new timetables also look to be in the offing for PCB routes 5 / 5A, 20 / 20A, 21 / 21A, 28 / 28A / 28B and 42 / 42A - 42C all from the same date.

Probably a lot of this is timetable revisions but I wonder if anything else is mixed in. Nothing yet on the PCB website for any of the above. Sorry for the essay: HIIOI.

Dave

Show more