2014-06-20

NZART NZART Headquarters Infoline Issue 298

Editor: - Mike Bull ZL2VM

NZART Website: www.nzart.org.nz

In this Issue

1. From NZART HQ

2. FMTAG Notes

3. Auckland Unitary Plan Submission

4. Wanted - Copy for Break-In.5. Notice of Deceased Estate

sale of Amateur Equipment6. IARU HF World Championship 2014

7. Hamilton Amateur Radio Club – Market Day

8. Official Broadcast

Off Shore News Links

NZART Housekeeping

1. Debby says . . .

Some more useful snippets from Conference.

Remember ZL1VH advised earlier that Branches can retain a percentage of

the $99 membership fee if forwarding an application for membership to

the Association?

The amount branches can retain is now $45, returning $54 with the

application to NZART headquarters.

The 2015 budget forecast has been prepared, included is the provision

for a representative to attend WRC15 in Geneva at a cost of

approximately $15,000. This significantly affects our bottom line,

placing the Association in deficit by around $8000, therefore Council

are seeking contributions to assist with this travel, by way of donating

your rebate of $10 with the 2015 subscription invoice or making a

separate donation.

It is now compulsory that all branches be solely responsible for payment

of their repeater and beacon licensing. These be must be returned to the

respective branch name, so that RSM invoices will be sent direct to the

branch repeater trustee or secretary.

Council recommends to not make changes in licence ownership until

October 2014. If done earlier, branches will receive a small invoice

from RSM for the portion licence cost through to their annual invoice

date in November.

NZART will continue to meet the cost of licence fees for strategic sites

such as the National System links and the IARU HF beacons but Council

encourages those Branches who own the national system equipment to

consider making a donation to HQ to help cover those licence costs.

Sorry this issue is all about money, however in order to preserve the

rights of all amateurs in New Zealand and to enable the Association to

continue into the future, we need your help.

Talk soon…Debby ZL2DL

2. FMTAG Notes

FMTAG NOTES FOR HQ INFOLINE 298

CALL BOOK 2014-2015

The first step in the preparation of the Beacon, Link and Repeater

tabular listings for the next Call Book, checking the 326 licence

records in SMART, has been completed.

Over the next week, Branches will receive an email requesting that they

check the proposed Call Book listing, and add the callsigns of two

Trustees for each station in the list.

Members are asked to provide feedback on the format of the tables, for

example: sorted by geographic location order, or frequency order, or

some other order.

Please email:

COMMENTS AND APPLICATIONS

Please send your comments and suggestions on the above, and on any other

FMTAG matters, by e-mail to:

Applications for repeaters, beacons, digipeaters, point-to-point links,

and so on, should be made on the latest version of FMTAG Form 10. The

latest versions of FMTAG Form 10, and the explanatory Form 10A, are

available on the NZART website:

http://www.nzart.org.nz/fmtag/index.html

Completed forms should be sent by e-mail to

3. Auckland Unitary Plan Submission

Auckland Unitary Plan Submission

The Background

Auckland Council’s notified Unitary Plan basically stipulated

that all radio amateur configurations (i.e. aerials) would be subjected

to a Restricted Discretionary resource consent. This is not only

frightfully expensive (upwards of $5000 every time an antenna change is

contemplated) but it is also blatantly discriminatory. For instance, if

I am a yachtie and want to mount a VHF marine whip on the barge board of

my house, I can do it as of right, but if as a radio amateur I want to

put an almost identical 2m whip on my bargeboard, I have to get a

resource consent.

NZART has consequently put in a rather comprehensive submission to try

to achieve “Permitted Status� for a range of

“amateur configurations�. We have to win this one

because if Auckland Council, with nearly a third of all amateurs in NZ,

wins this case, it is probable that it will become the template for most

other districts as they review their district plans in the future.

The Submission Status

On schedule on 11 June 2014, Auckland Council announced it had prepared

a Summary of the “Decisions Requested Report� on the

proposed Auckland Unitary Plan, and said “All submissions and

the report are available on the council website
www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/unitaryplan “

The submission which NZART submitted can be seen on the VHF Group

website (www.qsl.net/zl1bq) and is a narrative of 26 pages, followed by

several technical attachments running to two hundred pages. We were

assigned the submission number 4498. Council officers have distilled

this down to a summary as required by section 149F(2) of the Resource

Management Act 1991 (RMA). It can be described as 20 cryptic

“amendments� to the Notified Unitary Plan that are

generated by our requests. These are numbered 4498-1 through to 4498-20

on pages 385/386 of the council report. At this stage, the council

report does not contain any explanations of why we require these

amendments. The planners’ recommendations either for or against

the changes we require will not appear until prior to the Hearings

scheduled for the end of 2014 in the s42A Report required by the RMA.

Council goes on to say:

As provided by clause 8(1) of Schedule 1 of the RMA, the following

persons may make a further submission:

(a) any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest;

and

(b) any person that has an interest in the proposed Auckland Unitary

Plan greater than the interest that the general public has; and

(c) Auckland Council.

Further submissions are limited to matters in support of or in

opposition to the relevant original submission and must be made by 5pm

on 22 July 2014. They must be in the prescribed form – Form 3 in

the Schedule of the Resource Management (Forms, Fees, and Procedure for

Auckland Combined Plan) Regulations 2013.

Forms are available on the council website mentioned above and at

Auckland Council libraries, service centers and local board offices.

All Radio Amateurs, no matter where you are in New Zealand, are

encouraged to send in further Submissions.

By Monday 23rd June 2014, the NZART Steering Committee intends to place

some sample “Further Submission� templates on the VHF

Group website (www.qsl.net/zl1bq). These forms, together with the

explanatory narrative, can be down-loaded and filled in, then either

posted, or emailed, to reach Auckland Council on or before 5:00pm on 22

July 2014.

Please take action now – we must not lose this case.

Douglas Birt ZL1BFS

NZART Local Government Liaison Officer

Mobile 027 492 5189

4. Wanted - Copy for Break-In.

My stock of articles etc for future issues is running low so I appeal to

members to assist with material for publication.

This could be short or long articles on any topic related to amateur

radio and electronics, constructional articles, workshop practice,

booÂ*k reviews, equipment reviews, software reviews and branch

activity reports.

Do you have an idea for an article for Break-In but not sure where to

start? Your Editor can put you in touch with someone to help you get

started!

We have a column in Break-In titled “Around the

Branches�. Asked for is more input from the branches with their

activities, training new members to amateur radio, science and education

to name a few. Newly licensed amateurs are also welcome to introduce

themselves in this column.

Contact the Editor at

Â*

Stephen Hayman ZL1TPH

5. Notice of Deceased Estate sale of Amateur Equipment

ESTATE OF ZL2APC A lifetime's collection of Amateur Receivers,

Transceivers, Test Equipment, Receiving and Transmitting Valves, ARRL

CDROMs, etc., to be sold by Tender closing at Noon on 26th June 2014.

Please email for a complete list, or see:
www.vhf.org.nz/tender-zl2apc

6. IARU HF World Championship 2014

>Subject: IARU 2014

The annual IARU HF World Championship will be held on the weekend of

July 12 and 13, 2014.

The complete rules can be found at
http://www.arrl.org/iaru-hf-championship.

During this year's event the World Radiosport Team Championship will

take place within the IARU Contest.

I am collecting information as to what IARU Headquarters (HQ) stations

and IARU Officials (AC, R1, R2 and R3) will be active during the

contest. Can you please supply me with the callsign that will be used,

the list of operators if possible, the QSL information, the IARU

abbreviation (i.e.ARRL) and any other details you see of interest. This

information will be published in The Daily DX and The Weekly DX.

In addition if you have any DX news in the future please let me know.

Also can you please verify that your IARU society information is correct

at http://www.iaru.org/iaru-soc.html

Thank you,

Bernie McClenny, W3UR

Editor of The Daily DX, The Weekly DX and How's DX?

Two week trial - http://www.dailydx.com/trial.html
https://twitter.com/dailydx

410-489-6518

7. Hamilton Amateur Radio Club –Market Day

Hamilton Amateur Radio Club

MARKET DAY

Saturday August 9th, 2014

Waikato Table Tennis Stadium

Edgecumbe Street, Hamilton

Vendors from 8.00 am

Buyers from 10.00 am

Table space at $20 per metre pre-paid, $25 per metre on the day

All enquiries to:

Market Day,

Hamilton Amateur Radio Club,

PO Box 606, Hamilton

or

E-mail:

Web: http://zl1ux.org.nz/market_day.html

8. Official Broadcast

June NZART Official Broadcast Sunday 29th at 8pm & 9pm on 3900 LSB and

the National System.

73

Jim ZL2BHF

Off Shore News Links

· WIA News

· ARRL News & Features

· RSGB News

· IARU Region 3

NZART Housekeeping

· Break-In-Closing Date Reminder:

Copy for the July/August issue of Break-In closes on 10 July 2014.

· Copy for Break-In:

Copy in word.doc or word.docx files is preferred. Photos and other

graphics should be send as separate discrete files (*.jpg preferred);

not as embedded pictures in the body of the text. Please ensure that

suitable descriptive captions/legends are included with your copy. All

received copy will be acknowledged to confirm receipt. Early receipt of

copy is much appreciated with thanks.

Stephen Hayman ZL1TPH Interim Editor: Email >

· Break-In: AREC Column:

The close-of-copy date is Thursday 3 July 2014 for articles for

publication in the AREC COLUMN OF BREAK-IN. Photos, if available, to be

on a separate floppy or CD (with captions), posted DIRECTLY TO US. Use

the Call Book address. All other material can go to e-mail:
or

· Next HQ-Infoline: - Friday 4 July 2014. Closing date for

this post is Thursday 3 July 2014.

Subscribe TO/FROM Infoline

You have received this message because you are subscribed on an NZART

infoline list.

If you wish to be removed from this list, please visit:

http://www.nzart.org.nz/join/e-mail-...infoline-list/

END OF INFOLINE 298

Show more