2013-09-27

SB DX @ WW < KB8NW $OPDX.1130

Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin No. 1130

The Ohio/Penn DX PacketCluster

DX Bulletin No. 1130

BID: $OPDX.1130

September 30, 2013

Editor Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW

Provided by BARF80.ORG (Cleveland, Ohio)

Thanks to the Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society, Northern Ohio DX

Association, Ohio/Penn PacketCluster Network, AB5K & the AR TelNet

Clusters Network, K1XN & GoList, NJ1Q & W1AW, AA3B, NG3K & ADXO, W3UR

& The Daily DX, N4AA & QRZ DX, W4DN, K5KG, WF5E, K8GI, K8YSE, W8GEX

& 60m News, AT International, DJ7ZG, DK8JB & The DX News Letter, DL1SBF,

DxCoffee.com, DX-World.Net, ES1CW, F5NQL, F6AJA & Les Nouvelles DX,

I1JQJ/IK1ADH & 425 DX News, I2MQP & DX Italia News, OZ6OM & 50 MHz DX

News, Pete's DX-Newsdesk, RSGB IOTA Web Site, Sixitalia Weekly, VA3RJ

& ICPO, and the VHF-DX-Portal (MMMonVHF) for the following DX information.

** EDITOR'S SPECIAL NOTICE: This week's bulletin was sent out earlier

than normal to accommodate the late CQWW DX RTTY Contest announcements.

Also, we wanted to provide the OPDX readers with a consolidated

listing of the CQWW DX RTTY Contest participants.

DXCC COUNTRY/ENTITY REPORT: According to the AR-Cluster Network for the

week of Friday, 20th-September, through Friday, 27th-September there were

230 countries active. Countries available: 3A, 3B8, 3B9, 3D2, 3DA, 3V, 3W,

4J, 4L, 4O, 4S, 4U1I, 4X, 5A, 5B, 5N, 5R, 5T, 5U, 5W, 5X, 5Z, 6W, 6Y, 7X,

8P, 8Q, 8R, 9A, 9H, 9J, 9K, 9M2, 9M6, 9N, 9V, 9X, 9Y, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7,

A9, AP, BV, BY, C2, C3, C6, CE, CE0Y, CE9, CM, CN, CP, CT, CT3, CU, CX,

D2, D6, DL, DU, E5/s, E7, EA, EA6, EA8, EA9, EI, EK, EL, EP, ER, ES, ET,

EU, EX, EY, EZ, F, FG, FH, FJ, FK, FM, FO, FP, FR, FS, FY, G, GD, GI, GJ,

GM, GU, GW, H4, HA, HB, HB0, HC, HC8, HH, HI, HK, HL, HP, HR, HS, HV, HZ,

I, IS, J2, J3, J6, J8, JA, JD/o, JT, JW, JX, JY, K, KG4, KH0, KH2, KH6,

KL, KP2, KP4, LA, LU, LX, LY, LZ, OA, OD, OE, OH, OH0, OJ0, OK, OM, ON,

OX, OY, OZ, P2, P4, PA, PJ2, PJ4, PY, PZ, S5, S7, SM, SP, ST, SU, SV, SV5,

SV9, T5, T7, T8, TA, TF, TG, TI, TJ, TK, TR, TT, TU, TZ, UA, UA2, UA9, UK,

UN, UR, V3, V4, V5, V6, V7, V8, VE, VK, VK9L, VK9N, VP2E, VP2V, VP6, VP8,

VP8/h, VP9, VR, VU, XE, XU, XX9, XZ, YA, YB, YI, YJ, YK, YL, YN, YO, YS,

YU, YV, Z2, Z3, ZA, ZB, ZD7, ZD8, ZF, ZL, ZP, ZS, ZS8

* PLEASE NOTE: The report "could" contain "Pirate/SLIM" operations or

more likely a "BUSTED CALLSIGN". As always, you never know - "Work

First Worry Later" (WFWL).

5B, CYPRUS. Tony, RT9T, will once again be active as 5B4ALB from Pachyammos

(AS-004, MIA MCI-002, WLOTA 0051) between October 17th and November 4th.

Activity will be on all bands and modes. QSL via RT9T direct only.

5R, MADAGASCAR. Eric, F6ICX, will once again be active as 5R8IC from

Saint Marie Island (AF-090) between November 16th and December 15th.

Activity will be holiday style operating CW, RTTY, and PSK63, and using

a FT450 with 100 watts into various GPs or Inverted-Ls and a Hexbeam

for 20-10 meters. There will be no online log during his activity. QSL

via his home callsign (QRZ.com).

5V, TOGO. Wim, ON4CIT, will once again be active as 5V7TH from Togo (Grid

Square JJ06rf) sometime in November and December. Activity will be on

40-6 meters, including the 30/17/12 meter bands, using CW, SSB and

RTTY. He plans to be on in the evening on 40 and 30 meters. Wim mentions

that he will travel during the day to Benin to collect his TY1 callsign

papers which is supposed to be ready. During that same day, he will try

to search for a nice QTH in Grand Popo (Benin) for his TY1 DXpedition

and move from Togo to Grand Popo, Benin, when everything is sorted out.

QSL via his home callsign, direct (2 USDs/EU and 3 USDs/US), by the

Bureau, LoTW (uploaded year later) or by the ClubLog's OQRS. For more

details, visit: http://www.dxpedition.be/5V7TH.html

9Y, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO. Jim, N6TJ, will be active as 9Y4W from Scar-

borough, Tobago Island (SA-009, WLOTA 0412), during the CQWW DX CW Contest

(November 23-24th) as a Single-Op/Single-Band (20m) entry. QSL via DFL4MDO,

direct or by the Bureau.

A2, BOTSWANA (Op Cancelled!). Donovan, ZS2DL, who was expected to lead a

team of operators in April of 2014 to Botswana, has announced: "It is with

tremendous disappointment, that we have had to cancel the A22D trip in

April 2014. The main reason for this has been the breakdown of sponsorship

from one of the main Japanese manufacturer of Radio equipment. These

negotiations have been ongoing for nearly a year now, and business must

be bad as we simply could not reach a workable solution. As a result we

have no alternative but to cancel the A22D adventure. Please accept our

most sincere apologies, but promise to be back from somewhere else soon,

maybe even more sought after than A2."

A5, BHUTAN. Operators Junichi/JH3AEF, Ryo/JH7EQW and Jusei/JA3IVU will

be active as A52AEF, A52EQW and A52IVU, respectively, from Dochula Pass

between October 10-20th. Activity will be on 160-10 meters using CW, SSB

and the Digital modes. QSL via their home callsigns.

AH0, MARIANA ISLANDS. Operators Jussi-Pekka/OH6RX and Esa/OH7WV will be

active as AH0K from Northern Mariana Islands (OC-086) during both CQWW

DX SSB (October 26-27th) and CQWW DX CW Contests (November 23-24th) as a

Multi-2 entry. Activity outside the contest will be on the HF bands and

possibly on the 6 meter band. QSL route TBA.

BV60, TAIWAN (Special Event). Members of the China Radio Association (CRA)

will activate the special event callsign BV60V from Tainan between Sep-

tember 28th and December 31st. Activity is to celebrate the 60th anni-

versary of Victory Broadcasting Company. Operations will start during

this coming weekend's CQWW DX RTTY Contest (September 28-29th) as a Multi-

Multi entry. They also plan to operate between October 11-13th, from Lin

Mo-Niang Park. Operators mentioned are Tang/BM2AAV, Eddie/BV2DD, Evan/

BV2KS, Lee/BV2NT, Pro/BX4AN and Koshiro/JA3AQM. QSL route is available

on QRZ.com or <http://www.cra.org.tw/amateur/qsl_en.aspx>.

C6, BAHAMAS. Rich, N0HJZ, will once again be active as C6ARW from Grand

Bahama Island between October 22-29th. Activity will be on 30/17/12 meters

this time using CW and RTTY. Operations will also include the CQWW DX SSB

Contest (October 26-27th) as a Single-Op/All-Band/Low-Power entry. QSL

via his home callsign direct.

CE0Y, EASTER ISLAND (Update). Operators Jose/CE0HYO, Gustavo/CX2AM,

Humberto/CX3AN, Gustavo/CX3CE, Mario/CX4CR, Gen/EA5HPX, Francisco/EA7FTR

and Carlos/LU2NI will be active as XR0YY from Hanga Roa, Easter Island,

between November 1-7th. Activity will be on 160-6 meters using CW, SSB

and the Digital modes. They will have 3 stations operating simultaneously.

QSL via EB7DX. They have a Web site available at:
http://easterisland2013.com

CR3, MADEIRA. Members of the Madeira Contest Team will be active as CR3A

during the CQWW DX RTTY Contest (September 28-29th) as a Multi-? entry.

Operators mentioned are Joe/CT3BD, Luis/CT3DL, Joe/CT3DZ, Luis/CT3EE,

Duarte/CT3EN, Jose/CT3IA, Tiago/CT3KU, Jose/CT3KY and Tony/CT1FFU. QSL

via EA5GL or LoTW.

CR3/CT9, MADEIRA ISLANDS. The CR3L contest station in Santana on Madeira

Island (AF-014) will be active during the CQWW DX RTTY Contest (September

28-29th) as a Multi-Multi entry. Operators mentioned are Juergen/DJ2VO,

Walter/DJ6QT, Peter/DJ6XV, Hermann/DK1AQ, Tom/DL6TK, Kalle/DM3BJ, Han-J./

DL1YFF and Andy/LX1DA. QSL CR3L via DJ6QT. Activity by operators, QSL via

their home callsign. Visit the CR3L Santana, Madeira Island, Web page at:
http://www.cq3l.de

CY0, SABLE ISLAND. Just a reminder that operators Gary/VE1RGB, Murray/

WA4DAN and Rick/AI5P will be active as CY0P from Sable Island (NA-063,

CISA NS004, WLOTA 0758, WWFF CYFF-001) between October 1-11th. Activity

will be on all bands 160-10 meters using CW, SSB and RTTY. QSL via VE1RGB,

direct or by the Bureau. For more information and updates, visit:
http://www.cy0dxpedition.com

D4, CAPE VERDE. Operators Babs/DL7AFS and Lot/DJ7ZG will be active as

D44TXT from the Island of Santiago (AF-005) between October 19th and

Novvember 7th. Operations will be near Praia, the capital town, and from

a rented private house. Lot informs OPDX that the license was very dif-

ficult to obtain, and took over 10 months to get it. Originally, the

DXpedition was planned for the spring of 2013. Activity will be on

80-10 meters using RTTY, PSK63 and SSB. If they have a great opening

on 6 meters, they will be on air. With their baggage being limited,

they will have 2 stations: 2x Elecraft K2 with 2x 600W PA and 1x FT857

for 6m; Data Interface "IF one" from "Funkamateur Magazine" and data

programs -MixW and WinTest; Triple Leg antennas and dipoles. QSL via

LoTW, direct or by the Bureau.

FR/TO2, REUNION ISLANDS. Stephane, F5UOW, will once again be active from

Reunion Island (AF-016). He will sign as FR/F5UOW between October 31st

and November 21st, but between November 3-17th, he will sign TO2R. His

activity will be mostly CW between 40-10 meters. QSL via F5UOW, direct

or by the Bureau.

FW, WALLIS AND FUTUNA ISLANDS. Jean-Jacques, TK5JJ, will leave Corsica

for 2 years and travel to Wallis Island where he will be active as FW5JJ.

He hopes to be active very soon after his arrival with an Icom 756PRO

and G5RV antenna. The rest of his equipement will arrive later. He will

be active on SSB, CW and the Digital modes on all HF bands, 6m and 2m

EME. QSL via F5RXL.

IOTA NEWS..............

AF-018. Aldo, IK2ANI will be active as IH9/IK2ANI from Isola di Pan-

telleria (IIA TP-001, MIA MI-124, WLOTA 0041) between September

27th and October 1st. Activity will be holiday style on

30-6 meters using CW, SSB and RTTY. He will use 100 watts

into a vertical antenna. Listen for QSL route.

AF-019. (Reminder/Update - Ops!) An international team of operators

will be active as IG9Y from Lampedusa Island between October

17-30th. Operators mentioned currently are Gabor/HA1YA, Don/

JH5GHM, Boyko/LZ1QN, Dale/N3BNA, Frederic/ON4LG, Aurelio/PC5A,

Rob/PE1ITR, Vlad/RC0F, Silvo/S50X, Romeo/S52RU, Renato/S57UN,

Slavc/S57DX, Drago/S59A and Konstantin/VE3LA. Activity will

be on 160-6 meters using CW, SSB, and RTTY, with four stations

on the air. The team will be in the CQWW DX SSB Contest (October

26-27th) as a Multi-2 entry. QSL via ON4LG. An OQRS will be

available for direct and Bureau cards. Visit their Web page

at: http://ig9.ii9p.com

AS-100. Operators Yuli/4X6HP, Vlad/4Z5IW and Ros/4Z5LA will be active

as homecall/p, weather permitting, from Akhziv Island between

October 18-19th. Activity will be on the HF bands. QSL via

their callsigns.

EU-025. Members of the Arcibessi DX & Contest Group will be active as

IQ9UI from Sicily Island during the CQWW DX RTTY Contest

(September 28-29th) and CQWW DX SSB Contest (October 27-28th)

as a Multi-Multi entry (for the first time!). QSL via IT9CHU

or LoTW. Operators mentioned are Antonello/IT9EQO,

Carmelo/IT9AUG,

Fabio/IT9GSF, Marcello/IT9CJC, Vincenzo/IT9CHU, Giuseppe/IT9HBT,

Carlo/IK1HJS, Andrea/IV3SKB, Flavio/IV3TMV and Domenico/IW9GTD.

Special guests are Luis/IV3PRK and Peter/IV3YYK for support on

the low bands. Visit the II9P Web page at: http://ii9p.com

EU-054. Operators Raffaello/IT9ATF, Renato/IT9NPR, Pippo/IT9PPG and

Antonino/IT9RDG will be active as IF9A from Favignana Island

(IIA TP-011, MIA MI-025, WLOTA LH-1545) for the CQWW DX SSB

Contest as (October 26-27th) as a Multi-Single entry. Activity

will be on all bands and modes outside of the contest. QSL

via IT9ATF, direct or by the Bureau.

EU-057. Operators Friedrich/DL4BBH, Matthias/DK7LV, Klaus/DL7UXG,

Henning/DB5BZ, Peter/DJ4RU and Ric/DL2VFR will be active as

DM50IOTA from Hiddensee Island (DID O-005, WLOTA 2371) between

September 28th and October 4th. Activity will be on all HF

bands using CW, SSB and RTTY. QSL via DL2VFR, by the Bureau

or direct. For more details and updates, visit the QRZ.com

Web site or: http://www.iota-expedition.com

ADDED NOTES: This is one of many German Island groups activated

by DM50IOTA during the 50th IOTA Marathon. DM50IOTA will activate

all German IOTAs during that time. If you have worked DM50IOTA

from all German IOTAs by the end of 2013, you can apply for a

special award. Also, this activation will also count for the

Vorpommern Lagoon Area National Park WWFF (WorldWide Flora

Fauna) reference DLFF-014. It also counts for the lighthouse

Dornbusch (DLTD_GLHA #17, ARLHS FED-026, WLOTA 2371).

NA-060. Dan, HR2DMR, is planning to visit Tigre Island and hopes to

be active as HQ4W (appending) between October 17-20th. His

operating time on the island may be restricted due to the

Honduran Navy exercises. Operations will be on the HF bands

using CW and SSB. QSL via KD4POJ.

NA-130. Mike, VE2XB, had to cancel his VY0BRR operation to Broughton

(Qikiqtarjuaq) Island, Nunavut, between September 23-27th.

ISWL CALLSIGNS (For October). The following ISWL club callsigns will be

used throughout the month of October 2013:

GX4BJC/A & GX4BJC/P - Operated from Walton on the Naze, in Essex, by

Herbie - G6XOU. (ISWL Council Member & QSL Bureau Manager)

(The /A WAB Square ÿM22 - England & IOTA þU-005 & WLOTA

ÿH-1841); (If required, the GX4BJC/P WAB details will be

given during QSOs).

MX1SWL/A - Operated /A from Hartford, in Cambridgeshire, by Tom,

G3RPV. (/A WAB Square ÿL27 - England, IOTA þU-005 &

WLOTA ÿH-1841).

ALL QSLs will be handled by Herbie, G6XOU, and NOT the individual

operator. The I.S.W.L. is a member of the European PSK Club. All QSL

info is on <www.iswl.org.uk> or <www.qrz.com> or via <www.eQSL.cc>.

NO LoTW. I.S.W.L. Awards are available to all Hams and SWLs, see

<www.iswl.org.uk> for full details. The eQSL.cc cards ARE welcomed for

their awards.

J7, DOMINICA. Operators Charlie/K1XX, George/K5KG, Jim/WI9WI and Gus/VO1MP

will be active as J79XX, J75KG, J79WI and J79MP, respectively, from

Dominica (NA-101) between November 16-25th. The group plans to also be

in the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 23-24th) signing J7A as a Multi-2

entry. QSL J75KG via K5KG, J79XX via K1XX, J79WI via WI9WI, J79MP via

VO1MP and J7A via NX4N.

KH9, WAKE ISLAND (Press Release #5). Joe, W8GEX, sent out the following

press release on September 24th [edited]: "The Wake Atoll commemorative

team is in the final phase of preparation. All equipment has been received

in Hawaii and will be transported to Hickam AFB for delivery to Wake

Island. Thanks, Kimo, KH7U for your invaluable assistance!

The plan is for the team to assemble in Hawaii on or before 3rd October,

depart 4th October and arrive on 5th October. The following day will be

dedicated to station set-up.

There will be two CW and two SSB stations on the air. The CW site will

be located across from the Arrivals terminal and the SSB site will be

housed in a 'beach house' near downtown Wake.

We are planning on being QRV 7th October through 18th October (Wake

time). If there are any changes, they will be posted on our website.

<http://wake2013.org/pages/bandplan.html> Logs will be uploaded to ClubLog

as time and internet access allows.

This is a commemorative DXpedition. Our prime objective is to honor the

lives and contributions of the Forgotten 98 civilian contractors who lost

their lives on Wake during WWII. Some of these men have yet to be ident-

ified and are interred in Honolulu. If you know any of the Forgotten 98

or their relatives, modern DNA testing may identify their remains and

provide for a proper burial. Please take a moment to look through their

names. <http://wake2013.org/pages/forgotten98.html>

The team wants to thank the DX community, including generous worldwide

Foundations, Clubs, Individuals, Equipment manufacturers and outlets for

their outstanding support of the Wake commemorative efforts. These DX-

peditions are extremely expensive and could not be accomplished without

the support of the entire DX community. Visit the <http://wake2013.org>

website to view our sponsors and make your personal donation.

Please note! A few other DXpeditions will be on the air during the

Wake operation. To avoid the dreaded 'not in the log', please be sure

which DXpedition you are working! Our operators will announce the K9W

callsign often to help identify your contact.

Please check our website frequently for updates. <http:/wake2013.org/>

And don't forget to sign our guestbook!

73, K9W Wake Atoll Management Team"

ADDED NOTE FROM W8GEX TO THE 60 METERS GANG: "As you may know, I am part

of the K9W Wake Island team. Our plans are to leave Hawaii on Oct. 5 for

Wake. If all goes well, we will be QRV late on the 6th. After we get into

our routine, I'll send an email to let you know my 60m operating times. I

am planning to listen for Europe around 0430z at their sunrise as well as

South America, then the East coast of North America about 1000z.

I'll be using an IC-706 into an inverted vee. After we get K9W set up

and we have our operating schedules working, I'll start setting up my 60m

station. I am a phone operator and will be on 5.403.5 unless QRN, and then

I'll go to 5.371.5.

I might be able to get one on the team CW ops to get on as well. As

always give your call many times so we can pull it through. Give your

call many times because with the distance and low power and high QRN,

it's hard to pick these calls out..... Joe W8GEX, K9W team member"

KP2, U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS. Operators Philip/KT3Y, Frederick/K9VV and

Robert/WP2XX will once again be active from the KP2M rental shack on

St. Croix Island (NA-106) during the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 23-24th)

as a Multi-Single entry. QSL via AI4U (DIRECT ONLY) OR LoTW. NO BUREAU

QSLs.

P4, ARUBA (Correction/Update). Valery, R5GA, will once again be active

as P4/R5GA from Aruba (SA-036, WLOTA 0033) between November 16-26th.

Activity will be on CW mainly on 160-10 meters, especially on the 30/17/12

meters. His activity will also include the CQWW DX CW Contest (November

23-24th) [not the CQWW DX SSB Contest] as a Single-Op/All-Band entry

using the contest callsign P40F. QSL via UA3DX. QSL P4/R5GA via R5GA,

direct, by the Bureau or LoTW.

PJ4, BONAIRE. Operators Paul/K1XM, John/K4BAI, Jeff/KU8E, Martin/W1MD

and Dennis/W1UE will be active as PJ4A from the "PJ4G Radio House" on

Bonaire (SA-006, WLOTA LH-1279) during CQWW DX CW Contest (November

23-24th) as a Multi-2 entry. The team will be on the island between

November 18-26th. Outside the contest, operators will be active as

PJ4/homecall. QSL PJ4A, PJ4/K4BAI and PJ4/KU8E via K4BAI. QSL PJ4/K1XM,

PJ4/W1MD and PJ4/W1UE via their home callsigns. Check out the "PJ4G

Radio House" at: http://www.pj4g.com

PROPAGATION FORECAST/REPORT (September 30th-October 6th)....

Sep/30th AN Oct/03rd AN Oct/05th AN

Oct/01st HN Oct/04th AN Oct/06th AN-HN

Oct/02nd AN-LN

SOLAR REFERENCE KEYS/INDEXES AND GEOMAGNETIC REFERENCE

ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ NORMALITY GEOMAG K Values Alpha

----------------- ------ -------- ------

AN - Above Normal Quiet Kÿ1 0-7

HN - High Normal Unsettled Kÿ 8-15

LN - Low Normal Active Kÿ 16-29

BN - Below Normal Minor Storm Kÿ 30-49

DIS - Disturbed Major Storm Kÿ 50-99

VRY DIS - Very Disturbed Severe Storm Kÿ9 100-400

QSL INFO AND NEWS.....................

QSL-INFO from DB0SDX (For September 27th)

4A2I via XE2I JW/DO6XX via DO6XX PJ4/G3TXF via G3TXF

A35JQ via JF6QIP LB1A via LA5ZV R863LC via R3LC

CO0DO via CO-Bureau LX/DF8XC via DF8XC S5/OE3MHU/P via OE3MHU (d)

CO0SK via EA5GL (d) OH/DJ9DZ via DJ9DZ SM6/V63YM via SM6FJY

CO6RD via EA5GL OJ0H/MM via OH2BH SV8/HB9AAI via HB9AAI

EA6/G3SZU via M0OXO ON40C130H via ON2KFJ SV9/OE6YRG via OE6YRG

HB0/DL3TU/P via DL3TU OZ/DF2BR via DF2BR T48LT via CO8IR

HB0/DL4AAE/P via DL4AAE OZ/DO5MCL via DO5MCL YT0WFF via YU7CM

II0GMC via M0OXO OZ/PD0HLA via PD0HLA

(e) eQSL only (d) direct only (B) Bureau only (L) LoTW only

3B7RF & 3B6RF LOGS NOW ON LoTW. George, K5KG, reports: "I am pleased to

announce that the logs from 3B7RF (1998 St. Brandon, 53K QSOs) and 3B6RF

(2001 Agalega, 61K QSOs) have finally been uploaded to Logbook of The

World. It has taken many years to get this done, and thanks goes to

Karl, HB9JAI/4X1DF, Hanspeter, HB9BXE, and Kurt, HB9AFI, for making it

happen."

WF5E DX QSL SERVICE (Closing). Les, WF5E, informed OPDX that after

20 years he will be retiring his service at end of October due to

health problems. All incoming QSLs after that date will be forwarded

to his clients. See: http://www.qsl.net/wf5e

However, Jim, K3FN, will be taking over his service, but under a new

name - Airmail Postage QSL Service. Look for Jim to start promoting

the service immediately. His E-mail address is > and his

Web site can be virwed at: http://www.airmailpostage.com

QSL RECEIVED VIA LoTW: 9N7MD, BU2AW, F4FEP, FG4NO, H40T, H44G, KH7X,

LA5FHA, RU3EJ, US1UX, UT5EO, VK9CZ, XZ1Z, YD1NAA/5 and ZL1LC

QSLS RECEIVED VIA MAIL: HH5/KC0W, HU2DX, TJ3SN, T2YY, UA7A and YW5X

QSLS RECEIVED VIA THE BUREAU: 5B/UW2M, 5V7SI, 5W1SA, 7Z1HL, 8P9UR,

8Q7SO, 9G5SI, 9H9BH, 9H3JR, 9H9OB, 9M2DVR, A35XG, CE1DY, CE1YI, DU1IST,

HB0CC, J79WE, JG8NQJ/JD1, JH1LET/JD1, LX/DL2JRM, LX7X, MD/DL9MWG,

OA7/DF7NX, OX5AA, OX3KQ, PJ2/DL5MFL, PJ4/K5KG, PJ4/W9NJY, T5TC, T88XC,

TC150RC, TY2SI, V31YN/P, V5/DF2UU, VK9XS and W8XGI/KH2

T32, EAST KIRIBATI (Update/Callsign). It has been announced: "In honor

of the Russian Robinson Club's twentieth anniversary, a callsign of

T32RRC was requested for this DXpedition. As of September 9, 2013, our

team was advised that the originally confirmed callsign (T32RRC) is

not available. On September 24, 2013, the Communications Commission of

The Republic of Kiribati advised Dean - KW7XX that they will issue T32RC

for our DXpedition group. As of September 25, 2013, the T32RC license

has been issued and is in our possession. We will be using T32RC for

the expedition." Also announced are the operators of this DXpedition.

Operators mentioned at this time are Tim/NL8F, Dick/N7RO, Dean/KW7XX,

David/AH6HY and Paula/NX1P. More details and updates, visit:
http://www.t32-2013.com

T33, BANABA ISLAND (Update). The T33A DXpedition to Banaba Island (OC-018),

which will be active between November 5-18th, announced on their Web page:

"The drums of gasoline needed for our generating capacity have arrived on

Banaba. KOIL, the Kiribati Oil Company Limited, has a rep on the island

and our provision is under his watch to make sure our dxpedition has the

fuel we need for sustained operation." Also, the DXpedition now has a

Blog page: http://banaba2013.wordpress.com

For more details about the DXpedition, visit the T33A Web page at:
http://www.t33a.com/index.htm

TO3/FM, MARTINIQUE. Operators Tatsuo/JA3ARJ and Kunio/JA1CJA will be

active as TO3JA (appending) from Martinique (NA-107) between January

13-19th, 2014. If they can not get TO3JA, they may sign FM/homecall.

Look for more details to be forthcoming.

TU2, COTE D'LVOIRE. Dimitri, F5SWB, who will be active as TU5DF til

October 20th, has put more than 8000 QSOs in his log and hopes to have

12000 QSOs before he leaves. His activity has been on 40-10 meters on

CW with some on SSB. QSL via F5SWB.

V2, ANTIGUA. Bud, AA3B, will once again be active as V26K from Antigua

(NA-100) between November 21-25th. Activity will include the CQWW DX CW

Contest (November 23-24th) as a Single-Op/All-Band/Low-Power entry. Outside

of the contest, activity will be all CW on the HF bands only. QSL via AA3B.

V2, ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA. Kei, KG2A/JJ1RJR will once again be active as

V25A from Antigua (NA-100) between November 21st and December 1st. Activity

will be on 160-10 meters, including the 30/17/12 meter bands, and using CW

and SSB. He will also be in the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 23-24th) as

a Single-Op/All-Bnand entry. QSL direct only with SASE to KG2A. PLEASE

NOTE: Kei informs OPDX that his callsign V25A is a reissued callsign.

QSL ONLY TO KG2A and not to W9NJB listed on QRZ.com.

VK9M, MELLISH REEF (Press Release #2 from the VK9MT Web Site): "Planning

continues for the previously announced Mellish Reef DX-pedition scheduled

for late March – early April, 2014. Landing Authority: Australia's

'Commonwealth Marine Reserve Operations Department' reviewed our DX-

pedition project plan and requires that we follow their documented

environmental protection regulations. Effective July 1, 2014, Mellish

Reef becomes part of Australia's new Coral Sea Marine Reserve proposal

which implements additional restrictions to further protect the area's

ecology; we appreciate the Australian government's cooperation and spirit

of partnership in making this DX-pedition possible."

The VK9MT Web site lists the following suggested frequencies:

CW - 1826.5, 3523, 7023, 10103, 14023, 18079, 21023, 24894 and 28023 kHz

SSB - 3790, 7082, 14145, 18140, 21295, 24955 and 28495 kHz

RTTY - 7035, 10142, 18099, 21080, 24912 and 28080 kHz

QSL Manager is M0URX. An OQRS will be available for direct and Bureau

QSLs. LoTW upload will be done at the earliest opportunity. There will

be NO eQSL. For more details on QSL info, see their Web page. For more

details and updates, visit the VK9MT Web page at: http://www.vk9mt.com

VP9, BERMUDA. Les, N1SV, will once again be active as VP9I from Ed/VP9GE's

QTH for the CQWW DX SSB Contest (October 26-27th) as a Single-Op/All-

Band/Low-Power entry. QSL VP9I via WW3S. Outside of the contest, look

for him to be active as VP9/N1SV starting October 23rd. QSL via his

home callsign.

XT, BURKINA FASO. Harald, DF2WO, will be active as XT2AW from Ouagadougou

between the last week of January and the end February 2014. Activity will

be holiday style on CW and SSB. QSL via M0OXO.

XV, VIETNAM. Take, JA6CNH, will be active as XV2CNH from Ho Chi Minh City

between November 1-9th. Activity will be on 160-6 meters using CW, SSB

and the Digital modes. QSL via JA6CNH direct only.

XW, LAOS. "The Daily DX" reports that Bruce, AA4XR (3W3B, HS0ZCY), will

be returning to his home in Laos to do some antenna work and be active

as XW4XR between September 30th and October 9th. Activity is usually

on CW and RTTY. QSL via E21EIC.

ZL, NEW ZEALAND. Members of the Quake Contesters Group will be active as

ZL3X during the CQWW DX RTTY Contest (September 28-29th) as a Multi-2/

High-Power entry. QSL via ZL3PAH or LoTW. Operators mentioned are Mark/

ZL3AB, Andrew/ZL3CC, Byron/ZL3DXT, Geoff/ZL3GA, Graeme/ZL3GK, Chris/ZL3LF

and Phil/ZL3PAH.

The following stations are expected to be active in the

CQ World Wide DX RTTY Contest (September 28-29th, 2013)

Thanks to Bill, NG3K, for providing OPDX readers with the following

consolidated listing of the participants in the 2013 CQWW DX RTTY Contest.

For a more detailed listing (and up-to-date changes/corrections) in HTML

format, please visit Bill's Web page at:
http://www.ng3k.com/Misc/cqr2013.html (By call sign)
http://www.ng3k.com/Misc/cqrd2013.html (By entity)
http://www.ng3k.com/Misc/cqrz2013.html (By zone)

Contest DXCC CQZ Class QSL

Callsign Entity Route

3B8/G0TSM Mauritius 39 LP LoTW

3D2RA Rotuma 31 TBD LZ2HM

4O/HG3IPA Montenegro 15 HA3JB Direct

BV60V Taiwan 24 M/M BV60V

CE1RPW Chile 12 SOSB 15M CE1RPW

CR3A Madeira 33 M/? LoTW; QSL via EA5GL

CR3L Madeira 33 M/M DJ6QT

EI/M5RIC Ireland 14 SOAB HP M0OXO

ES9C Estonia 15 M/M LoTW

HK1NA Colombia 09 M/M K6PIM

IQ9UI Sicily 15 M/M IT9CHU

IS0/YL7A Sardinia 15 SOSB 15M YL7A

LX/OR5M Luxembourg 14 M/S ON4CP

LX7I Luxembourg 14 M/2 LX2A

MJ5Z Jersey 14 SOAB LP LoTW

OH2ET Finland 15 M/2 OH2ET

OH5Z Finland 15 M/S LoTW

OL3A Czech Republic 15 M/S OK1MR

PJ4/G3TXF Bonaire 08 SO G3TXF

SW9XB Crete 20 SOSB 15M LoTW; QSL via DJ9XB

TF2R Iceland 40 M/S

TM1A France 14 M/S F6KOP Bureau

UU7J Ukraine 16 SOAB HP LoTW

VE2CSI Canada 02 M/2 M0URX

VP9I Bermuda 05 M/? WW3S

YS1/NP3J El Salvador 07 SO LP LoTW; QSL via EA5GL

ZL3X New Zealand 32 M/2 ZL3PAH

-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ--ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-

** IMPORTANT NOTICE/REMINDER ** The Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin now has a new

FAX number. Contributors can now send/fax their DX information to the

following number: 1-419-828-7791 ( F A X only! )

-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ--ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-

SPECIAL NOTE BY EDITOR (Updated 09/15/2013): If you are having a problem

receiving bounced mail by sending mail to me via >,

please send mail to me via > ...... TNX de Tedd KB8NW

-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ--ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-

PLEASE NOTICE (as of February 12th), NEW ADDRESS CHANGES FOR THE

OPDX INTERNET HELP/SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS:

Help: ?subjectþlp>

Subscribe: ?subjectÿbscribe>

Unsubscribe: ?subjectÿsubscribe>

OPDX WORLD-WIDE WEB HOME PAGE (provided by John, K8YSE):
http://www.papays.com/opdx.html

ALSO VISIT THE NORTHERN OHIO DX ASSOCIATION'S WEB PAGES AT:
http://www.nodxa.org
http://www.facebook.com/NorthernOhioDxAssociation

-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ--ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-

Excerpts and distribution of The OPDX Bulletin are granted as long as

KB8NW/OPDX/BARF80 receive credit. To contribute DX info, please send

via InterNet Mail to: - OR -

Information can now be faxed to the following "NEW" phone line at:

1-419-828-7791 (F A X only!)

/EXIT

-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ--ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-ÿ-

Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW - E-mail addresses:

Editor of the Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin (OPDX - DXer's Tool of Excellence)

President of the "Northern Ohio DX Association" (NODXA)

DX Chairman for the "Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society

ARRL Assistant Director of the Great Lakes Division

Sysop of the "Basic Amateur Radio Frequency BBS" (BARF80.ORG)

Show more