1. First ICC World Test Cricket Championship will be held in?
The first World Test Cricket Championship will be held in 2017. The ICC has also announced plans to stage the second Test championship in India in Feb-March 2021.
2. Who won the British Grand Prix -2013 Formula one Competition?
The British Grand Prix is currently held at the Silverstone Circuit near the village of Silverstone in Northampton shire. The British and Italian Grands Prix are the oldest continuously staged Formula One World Championship Grands Prix.
3. Name the first dedicated navigation satellite of India which is successfully testified on July 1, 2013 using Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)-C22 from Satish Dhawan Space Research Center in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh?
IRNSS (Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System) -1A is the first navigational satellite in the Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System series of satellites. The satellite has been developed at a cost of 125 crore (US$19 million), and was launched on 1 July 2013. It will provide IRNSS services to the Indian public, which would be a system similar to GPS but only for India and the region around it. Each IRNSS satellite has two payloads: a navigation payload and CDMA ranging payload in addition with a laser retro-reflector. The payload generates navigation signals at L5 and S-band.
4. Which country won the Confederations Cup-2013 defeating world champion Spain (3-0) in the final?
Brazil hosted the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup from 15 to 30 June, which they won by defeating Spain 3–0 in the final.
5. Which player has won the Golden Ball award as the best player of the Confederations Cup-2013?
The Golden Ball award is awarded to the player who plays the most outstanding football during the tournament. It is selected by the media poll.
6. Which player has won the Golden Shoe award of the Confederations Cup-2013?
Fernando Torres (Spain).
The Golden Shoe is awarded to the top scorer of the tournament. If more than one player are equal by same goals, the players will be selected based by the most assists during the tournament.
Brazil goalkeeper Julio Cesar won the Golden Glove award, and Spain took the Fair Play award.
7. Who has been named the new Foreign Secretary of India?
8. Senior IAS officer who has been appointed as the new Union Home Secretary of India?
9. Who is the new prime minister of Qatar?
Sheikh Abdullah Bin Nasser Bin Khalifa Al Thani.
10. What is the name India's longest and Asia's third longest railway tunnel which connects Jammu with Kashmir?
Banihal-Qazigund tunnel (also known as Pir Panjal railway tunnel).
A new 11.215 km (7 mile) long Banihal-Qazigund tunnel for the Kashmir Railway line connecting Bichleri Valley of Banihal with Qazigund area of Kashmir Valley has been constructed. The tunnel is 8.40 m wide with a height of 7.39 m. There is a three metre wide road along the length of the tunnel for the maintenance of railway tracks and emergency relief. 28 km long Taihang Tunnel in China is the longest and 21 km long Wushaoling Tunnel in Gansu, China is the second longest.
11. The inventor of the computer mouse and a technology visionary whose ideas helped to lay the foundations for today’s networked personal computing, died on July 2, 2013?
Douglas Carl Engelbart.
He was an American engineer and inventor, and an early computer and Internet pioneer. He is best known for his work on the challenges of human–computer interaction, particularly while at his Augmentation Research Center Lab in SRI International, resulting in the invention of the computer mouse, and the development of hypertext, networked computers, and precursors to graphical user interfaces. In 1970 he received a patent for the mouse, which was at the time a thick wooden device with two wheels and three buttons.
12. Name the popes who will be declared saints on 27 April 2014?
Popes John Paul II and John XXIII.
Polish John Paul, the first non-Italian pope for more than 400 years, led the Catholic Church from 1978-2005. Pope John was pontiff from 1958-1963, calling the Second Vatican Council that transformed the Church.
13. Who the interim President of Egypt?
14. Who is appointed as the interim Prime Minister of Egypt?
Mohamed ElBaradei, a Nobel Peace Prize winner and former head of the International Atomic Energy Agency is appointed as the interim Vice president of Egypt.
15. Which country took the top spot in the medal rankings of the 2013 Asian Athletics Championships?
China. (16 gold medals, 6 silver, 5 Bronze).
Bahrain placed second (5 gold medals, 7 silver, 3 Bronze) and Japan placed third (4 gold medals, 6 silver, 10 Bronze). India holds the sixth place (2 gold medals, 6 silver, 9 Bronze) in the competition.
The 2013 Asian Athletics Championships were the 20th edition of the biennial athletics competition between Asian nations. It was held at the Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex in Balewadi, Pune, India. 42 nations participated in the event. It was the first time since 1989 that India had hosted the championships.
16. Who won the first gold for India in the 2013 Asian Athletics Championships held in India?
Vikas Gowda. (Discus Throw).
17. Which country will host the 21st Asian Athletics Championship?
21st Asian Athletics Championship will be held in Wuhan in China in June 2015.
18. Who won the Wimbledon-2013 men’s title defeating Novak Djokovic in the final?
This is his first Wimbledon title and he came ever so close to ending Britain's 76-year wait for a Men's Singles champion at Wimbledon.
19. Which country won the West Indies Triangular Series held in 2013?
West Indies Triangular Series in 2013 is a One Day International cricket tournament in the West Indies that was held between India, Sri Lanka and the West Indies. The series has been named Celkon Mobile Cup. India won the West Indies Triangular Series defeating Sri Lanka in the final by 1 wicket.
20. Who won the Player of the match award in the final of the Triangular Series (India, Sri Lanka and the West Indies) held in 2013?
21. Football legend who has been appointed an honorary sports ambassador of Dubai?
22. Shot-putter who became the first Indian to win a medal in the World University Games (Universiade) as he claimed a silver with a personal best of 19.70m in Kazan, Russia?
23. Complete list of winners of 14th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards:
Best Actor: Ranbir Kapoor (Barfi!)
Best Female Actor: Vidya Balan (Kahaani)
Best Film: Barfi!
Best Director: Anurag Basu (Barfi!)
Best Story: Tani and Anurag Basu (Barfi!)
Best Supporting Actor (Male): Annu Kapoor (Vicky Donor)
Best Supporting Actor (Female): Anushka Sharma (Jab Tak Hai Jaan)
Best Debut (Male): Ayushmann Khurrana (Vicky Donor)
Best Debut (Female): Yami Gautam (Vicky Donor)
Best Actor in a Comic Role: Abhishek Bachchan (Bol Bachchan)
Best Actor in a Negative Role: Rishi Kapoor (Agneepath)
Star Jodi of the Year: Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor
Best Debut Director: Gauri Shinde (English Vinglish)
Best Music Director: Pritam (Barfi!)
Best Lyrics: Amitabh Bhattacharya (Mujhme kahin from Agneepath)
Best Singer (Male): Sonu Nigam (Agneepath)
Best Singer (Female): Shreya Ghoshal (Chikni Chameli from Agneepath)
IIFA Forever: Yash Chopra
Indian International Cinema Outstanding Achievement: Anupam Kher
Outstanding Contribution to Indian Cinema: Javed Akhtar
Humanity Award: Shabana Azmi
Digital Star of the Year: Shahrukh Khan
Best Editing: Namrata Rao (Kahaani)
Best Screenplay: Anurag Basu and Tani Basu (Barfi!)
Best Dialogue: Zeishan Quadri, Akhilesh, Sachin Ladia and Anurag Kashyap (Gangs of Wasseypur 1) and Juhi Chaturvedi (Vicky Donor)
Best Action: Sham Kaushal (Gangs of Wasseypur – 1)
Best Production Design: Rajat Poddar (Barfi!)
Best Make-Up: Uday Serali (Barfi!)
Best Cinematography: Ravi Varman I.S.C (Barfi!)
Best Choreography: Ganesh Acharya (Agneepath)
Best Special Effects (Visuals): Pankaj Khanopur, Sherry Bharda and Vishal Anand – Tata Elxsi (Ek Tha Tiger)
Best Sound Design: Shajith Koyeri (Barfi!)
Best Song Recording: Eric Pillai (Future Sound Of Bombay) (Barfi!)
Best Sound Mixing: Debajit Changmai (Future Works Sound City) (Barfi!)
Best Costume Designing: Aki Narula and Shefalina (Barfi!).
24. Australian who has been unceremoniously sacked as Indian hockey team's chief coach due to non-performance?
25. Olympian and Arjuna Awardee who has been appointed as coach of the Indian Senior Men Hockey team?
Maharaj Krishan (M K) Kaushik.
26. The former head of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant of Japan who has died from esophageal cancer on July 9, 2013?
He was a General Manager in the Nuclear Asset Management Department of the Tokyo Electric Power Co., Inc. (TEPCO), Japan. He was the plant manager during the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster; where he played a critical role by disobeying corporate headquarter orders to stop using seawater to cool the reactors. According to nuclear physicist (and co-founder of String field theory), Dr. Michio Kaku, the decision to use seawater arguably prevented a much greater disaster.
27. Which countries signed a trilateral agreement in Colombo on 9 July, 2013 to enhance maritime security co-operation in the Indian Ocean region (IOR) and secure sea lines of communication (SLOC)?
India, Sri Lanka and Maldives.
28. Man of the match winners of Ashes Test Cricket between Australia and England held in England in July 2013:
First Ashes Test Played at Trent Bridge, Nottingham from July 10-14:
Man of the match: James Anderson (England). He took 5 wickets each in both the first and second innings of the test.
Result: England won by 14 runs.
Second Ashes Test Played at Lords from July 18-23:
Man of the match: Joe Root (England). He scored 180 runs in second innings and took 2 wickets.
Result: England won by 347 runs.
29. In which city, India's first monorail made its maiden journey with passengers on a trial run?
India's first monorail made its maiden journey with passengers on a trial run between wadala and Chembur on July 20, 2013.
30. Who becomes the third player to have played 400 ODI (One Day Internationals) Cricket matches after Sachin Tendulkar and Sanath Jayasuriya?
Mahela Jayawardene. (Sri Lanka).
31. Parliament of which country has passed the historic and ground breaking pro-abortion bill in July 2013?
The bill allows abortions only when a pregnant woman's life is under threat due to the pregnancy or if she is suicidal. The bill was introduced after Indian dentist Savita Halappanavar died in hospital in Galway in 2012 after being denied a termination.
32. What is the name of the extrasolar planet discovered by NASA which is approximately 63 light-years away from the Solar System?
HD 189733 b.
In July 2013, NASA reported the first observations of planet transit studied in X-ray spectrum. It was found that the planet blocks three times as much x-rays than visible light.
33. Veteran Bollywood actor known as a movie villain and character actor in Hindi cinema from the 1940s to the 1990s, died on July 12, 2013?
Pran Krishan Sikand better known by his mononym, Pran appeared in over 350 films. He played the leading man in films like Khandaan (1942), Pilpili Saheb (1954) and Halaku (1956). His roles in the films like Madhumati (1958), Jis Desh Men Ganga Behti Hai (1960), Upkar (1967), Shaheed (1965), Ram Aur Shyam(1967), Aansoo Ban Gaye Phool (1969), Johny Mera Naam (1970), Victoria No. 203(1972), Be-Imaan (1972), Zanjeer (1973), Don (1978), Amar Akbar Anthony (1977) and Duniya (1984) are considered to be among his best performances. He won the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award in 1967, 1969 and 1972 and was awarded the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 1997. He was awarded as the 'Villain of the Millennium' by Stardust in 2000.The Government of India honoured him with the Padma Bhushan in 2001 and the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2013for his contributions towards Indian cinema. In 2010, he was named on the list of CNN's Top 25 Asian actors of all time.
34. Who is the new Chief Minister of Jharkhand?
He was sworn in as Jharkhand’s ninth Chief Minister on July 13, 2013.
35. Controversial Italian businessman who was main accused in the Bofors scam, died on July 13, 2013?
He was an Italian businessman who was being sought until early 2009 in India for criminal charges for acting as a conduit for bribes in the Bofors scandal. Quattrocchi's role in this scandal, and his proximity to Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi through his Italian wife Sonia Gandhi (Antonia Maino), is thought to have contributed to the defeat of the Congress Party in the 1989 elections. In 1999, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) named Quattrocchi in a charge sheet as the conduit for the Bofors bribe.
36. Name the Two Indians who were among the seven young girls honoured with the UN Special Envoy for Global Education's Youth Courage Award for Education as part of 'Malala Day' celebrations at the world body?
Ashwini from Bangalore and Razia from Uttar Pradesh.
37. The 163-year old telegram service in which country closed forever on July 14, 2013?
Started in 1850 on an experimental basis between Kolkata and Diamond Harbour, it was opened for use by the British East India Company the following year. In 1854, the service was made available to the public.
38. What is the name of the crime fiction novel by J. K. Rowling which is published under the pseudonym "Robert Galbraith”?
The Cuckoo's Calling
39. Which country won the Under-20 World Cup-2013 hosted in Turkey after drawing with Uruguay 0-0 and winning the penalty shootout (4-1)?
40. Who became the first cricketer in the ODI history to achieve a unique double of recording 7000 runs and collecting 350 wickets?
Shahid Afridi (Pakistan).
41. Which cricketer holds record for the second best ODI bowling figures (i.e. 12 /7) of all time?
Shahid Afridi (Pakistan).
He achieved this feat during the match against West Indies in July 2013.
42. The former Pakistan captain and wicketkeeper who has been appointed the chief selector of the Pakistan national Cricket team?
43. Islamist leader who has been sentenced to 90 years in prison by a special Bangladeshi court for masterminding atrocities during the 1971 war of independence against Pakistan?
Ghulam Azam, compared by prosecutors to Nazi leader Adolph Hitler, was found guilty of all five charges of planning, conspiracy, incitement, complicity, and murder and torture during the war, which the government says killed three million people. The one-time political science professor and author of over 100 books dabbled with left-wing politics before joining the Jamaat-e-Islami party in the 1950s. He led the party when Bangladesh — known as East Pakistan after the partition of British India in 1947 — went to war against Pakistan.
44. Name the sprinters who have been tested positive for banned stimulants in 2013?
Tyson Gay, Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson.
45. Grandmaster and former world junior champion who won the Commonwealth Chess Championship 2013?
46. In which country, the world’s oldest calendar has been found by Archaeologists?
The world’s oldest calendar has been found in a field in Scotland, and could date back to 8,000 BC. A team led by the University of Birmingham suggests the ancient monument was created by hunter-gatherers about 10,000 years ago.
47. Jharkhand's former Ranji player and Team India captain M S Dhoni's personal friend who taught him the famous ‘Helicopter shot’, passed away on July 16, 2013?
48. Top Islamic party leader and secretary general of the Jamaat-e-Islami party who has been sentenced to death for war crimes by Bangladesh war crimes tribunal?
Ali Ahsan Mohammad Mojaheed.
He was convicted on charges of genocide, conspiracy in killing intellectuals, torture and abduction during the country's 1971 war to break away from Pakistan.
49. British actor who appeared in the James Bond film Casino Royale, committed suicide on July 12, 2013 after filing for bankruptcy?
50. Russian Opposition leader who has been sentenced to five years in a prison camp after being found guilty of embezzlement in a court case?
51. Indian-American who is nominated by President Barack Obama as Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs in the United States Department of State?
Nisha Desai Biswal.
52. Veteran poet and lyricist who wrote over 15,000 songs in Tamil, passed away on July 18, 2013?
He was an Indian poet and lyricist whose works were in Tamil, had a five decade long association with the Tamil film industry, wrote over 15,000 songs. He acted in a number of films, including Sathya, Hey Ram, Paarthale Paravasam and Poikkal Kudhirai. He was honoured by the Government of India with the Padma Shri (2007), India's fourth highest civilian honour.
Vaali is a five-time winner of the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Lyricist.
1970 – Engal Thangam, 1979 – Ivargal Vidhyasamanavargal
1989 – Varusham Padhinaaru and Apoorva Sagodharargal
1990 – Keladi Kanmani, 2008 – Dasavathaaram.
53. Former Union Minister and father of External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, who died on July 20, 2013?
Khurshed Alam Khan.
He had served as Minister of State under the late Prime Ministers Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi.
54. Who has been sworn in as the seventh king of Belgium?
Belgium has a constitutional monarchy in which the king plays a largely ceremonial role.
55. Man of the Match winners of 5 ODI cricket series played between Sri Lanka and South Africa held in South Africa in July 2013:
First ODI between Sri Lanka and South Africa held in Colombo on July 20, 2013:
Man of the match: Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka). He scored 169 runs.
Result: Sri Lanka won by 180 runs.
Second ODI between Sri Lanka and South Africa held in Colombo on July 23, 2013:
Man of the match: Dinesh Chandimal (Sri Lanka). He scored 43 runs.
Result: Sri Lanka won by 17 runs (D/L method).
Third ODI between Sri Lanka and South Africa held in Pallekelle on July 23, 2013:
Man of the match: David Miller (South Africa). He scored unbeaten 85 runs.
Result: South Africa won by 56 runs.
Fourth ODI between Sri Lanka and South Africa held in Pallekelle on July 28, 2013:
Man of the match: Tillakaratne Dilshan (Sri Lanka). He scored unbeaten 115 runs and took 2 wickets.
Result: Sri Lanka won by 8 wickets.
Fifth ODI between Sri Lanka and South Africa held in Colombo on July 31, 2013:
Man of the match: Tillakaratne Dilshan (Sri Lanka). He scored 99 runs and took 1 wicket.
Result: Sri Lanka won by 128 runs.
Series Sri Lanka won the 5-match series 4-1
56. Who won the Player of the series award in the 5 ODI cricket series played between Sri Lanka and South Africa held in South Africa in July 2013:
Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka).
57. The European Union has declared the military wing of a political party based in Lebanon to be a terrorist organisation on July 22, 1013. Which is that party?
Its paramilitary wing is regarded as a resistance movement throughout much of the Arab and Muslim worlds, and is considered more powerful than the Lebanese Army.
58. Who becomes the second cricketer in the history of IPL after Pakistani speedster Mohammed Asif to have been found guilty of consuming banned drugs?
Kolkata Knight Rider's promising left-arm seamer Pradeep Sangwan failed a random dope test during the cash-rich league in 2013. He is the first Indian cricketer to have been found guilty of consuming banned drugs.
59. Which country won gold in the women’s recurve team championship at the archery World Cup held in Medellin, Colombia?
The team of Rimil Buriuly, L Bombayla Devi and Deepika Kumari outclassed the top seeded Chinese trio of Xu Jing, Cheng Ming and Cui Yuanyuan 201-186. This is India’s first World Cup Women’s team gold since their triumph in Shanghai back in 2011.
60. Man of the match winners of three ODI cricket matches played between India and Zimbabwe held in Zimbabwe in July 2013:
First ODI between India and Zimbabwe held in Harare on July 24, 2013:
Man of the Match: Virat Kohli (India). He scored 115 runs.
Result: India won by 6 wickets.
Second ODI between India and Zimbabwe held in Harare on July 26, 2013:
Man of the Match: Shikhar Dhawan (India). He scored 116 runs.
Result: India won by 58 runs.
Third ODI between India and Zimbabwe held in Harare on July 28, 2013:
Man of the Match: Amit Mishra (India). He took 4 wickets.
Result: India won by 7 wickets.
61. Who is appointed as the new coach of Barcelona, professional football club?
62. Who became the first woman referee to officiate in the I-League season 2013-2014?
63. The 2013 Summer Deaflympics will be held in?
Sofia, Bulgaria from 26 July to 4 August, 2013.
The Deaflympics (previously called World Games for the Deaf, and International Games for the Deaf) are an IOC-sanctioned event at which deaf athletes compete at an elite level.
64. The legendary singer who was conferred with the first Yash Chopra Memorial Award?
The award is constituted by TSR foundation of T. Subbarami Reddy.
65. Man of the match winners of 5 ODI cricket series played between Pakistan and West Indies held in West Indies in July, 2013:
First ODI between Pakistan and West Indies held in Guyana on July 14, 2013:
Man of the Match: Shahid Afridi (Pakistan).He scored 76 runs and took 7 wickets conceding just12 runs.
Result: Pakistan won by 126 runs.
Second ODI between Pakistan and West Indies held in Guyana on July 16, 2013:
Man of the Match: Sunil Narine (West Indies).He took 4 wickets.
Result: West Indies won by 37 runs.
Third ODI between Pakistan and West Indies held in St. Lucia on July 19, 2013:
Man of the Match: Misbah-ul-Haq (Pakistan) and Lendl Simmons (West Indies). Both players scored 75 runs.
Result: Match tied.
Fourth ODI between Pakistan and West Indies held in St. Lucia on July 21, 2013:
Man of the Match: Marlon Samuels (West Indies). He scored unbeaten 106 runs.
Result: Pakistan won by 6 wickets.
Fifth ODI between Pakistan and West Indies held in St. Lucia on July 24, 2013:
Man of the Match: Misbah-ul-Haq (Pakistan).
Result: Pakistan won by 4 wickets.
Series: Pakistan won the 5-match series 3-1
66. Who won the Player of the series award of the 5 ODI cricket series played between Pakistan and West Indies held in West Indies in July, 2013?
67. Which club won the 2013 Copa Libertadores?
Atletico Mineiro beat Paraguays Olimpia in penalty shootouts.
68. Cousin of Rajiv Gandhi and Minister for Internal Security in his government, died on July 25, 2013?
He was member of the 9th Lok Sabha from Bilhaur as a Janata Dal leader. Earlier, he was member of the7th and 8th Lok Sabhas from Rae Bareli on an Indian National Congress ticket.
69. India's advanced meteorological satellite which was successfully launched by an European rocket from the spaceport of Kourou in French Guiana on July 26, 2013?
70. Brazilian footballer who started for the Brazil national team in four World Cups, winning two, in 1958 and 1962, died on July 23, 2013?
71. Name the kidnapper who raped three women he held captive in Cleveland (a city in the U.S. state of Ohio) over a decade, has been sentenced to life without parole plus 1,000 years?
72. Indian American who is appointed to a key judicial post in California?
Vince Girdhari Chhabria.
73. Name the largest book in the world weighing 1500 kg and the first Arabic book to be included in the Guinness Book of World Records?
“This is Muhammad”
The book is five meters in length, eight meters in width and consists of 429 pages. The book sheds light on the life of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), explaining the achievements and positive effects he has had on humans and political areas.
74. Who is sworn in as the new president of Pakistan?
Hussain is the 12th President of Pakistan.
75. Who has been selected for the prestigious Lokmanya Tilak award for 2013?
'Metro Man' Sreedharan got this award for his outstanding contribution to society.
76. New Zealand hacker, programmer and computer security professional who exploited two ATMs and made them dispense fake paper currency on the stage, died on July 25, 2013?
Among his other most notable works were the exploitation of various medical devices, including pacemakers and insulin pumps.
A computer hacker is an online security expert who exploits weaknesses in a computer system or network. The term 'white hat' refers to hackers who operate for non-malicious reasons, for example, testing security systems for large companies. A 'black hat' is a hacker driven by malice or personal gain. A 'grey' hat usually hacks a system to point out a security flaw, then offers to fix it for a fee.
77. Who became the first cricketer to hit 400 sixes in an international career?
Afridi reached the landmark on July 28, 2013 in the T20 match against West Indies. He hit 400th six in the 16th over of Pakistan’s reply to the West Indies’ 152 for seven in the first Twenty20 international played in July 2013.
78. Indian-origin peer who has been made the chairman of the influential House of Lords Appointments Commission, an advisory body which selects new independent members of UK's House of Lords?
79. Sarod Maestro who was conferred 21st Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award for his contribution towards promotion of communal harmony and peace?
Amjad Ali Khan.
The award caries a citation and cash price of Rs. 5 Lakh.
80. Winners of the Ramon Magsaysay Awards for the year 2013:
The Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation on 24 July 2013 announced the Ramon Magsaysay Awards for the year 2013 to 3 individuals and 2 organizations.
The awardees are the Philippines’ National Scientist Dr. Ernesto O. Domingo, Afghanistan’s first and only woman Governor Habiba Sarabi, Myanmar’s civil society organizer Lahpai Seng Raw, Indonesia’s independent body “Komisi Pemberantasan Korupsi”, and Nepal’s Shakti Samuha (Power Group).
Ernesto Domingo was honored for his medical work against hepatitis.
Dr. Habiba Sarobi is a hematologist, politician, and reformer of the post-Taliban reconstruction of Afghanistan. In 2005, she was appointed as Governor of Bamyan Province by President Hamid Karzai, which made her the first Afghan woman to become a governor of any province in the country.
Lahpai Seng Raw is the founder of Myanmar's largest civil society group, Metta Development Foundation, in 1997 which runs healthcare, agriculture and peace projects in Kachin State.
Indonesia's Corruption Eradication Commission (Indonesian: Komisi Pemberantasan Korupsi) is a government agency established to fight corruption. As of 2012, its chairman is Abraham Samad, and its deputy chairman is Bambang Widjojanto.
Shakti Samuha is a non-profit organisation working against women trafficking based in Nepal formed by the survivors of women trafficking in India.
81. Who broke the 100 metres breaststroke world record at the world championships in Barcelona?
She is the current world record holder in the 50- and 100-meter breaststroke (long course).
82. Which country won South Asian Football Federation Under-16 Championship title held in Kathmandu on 30 July 2013?
India defeated Nepal 1-0 in the final.