DJSA 2015 Outlaw Series Race #4 and 5

Sat / Sun July 18th & 19th 2015

Tracy California

Host Location –

Eagal Lakes Resort

12 Lorenzen Road

Tracy, Calif. 95304

(209) 640-4252

Eagal Lakes is centrally located from Tracy, Lathrop, Manteca, and Stockton.

There are a number of ways to get there but this is the most direct.

Exit Kasson Rd from I-5 South

Go south on Kasson to Lorenzen Rd

Left onto Lorenzen Rd and drive next to a long line of tall palm trees.

When you come to the end of the county road, proceed through the working ranch site. (mandatory speed limit is 10 mph) all the way to the levee.

At the top of the levee turn right and follow the road to the Eagal Lakes “Event” entrance sign.

(To get the best directions from your area go to http://eagallakes.com)

Although I will be starting to set up on Thursday, Eagal Lake members still have full use of the facilities they are members of – until our race days. Please be considerate of the fact we are “guests” of this beautiful and scenic venue. All early arrivals MUST check in with the Eagal Lakes office.

Tentative Jet Effect Schedule –

Sat – series race 4

730am – Registration open

8am – Course practice by class

915am - Registration closes

10am – Mandatory roll call and riders meeting

1030am – Heat 1 all classes

1230pm – Lunch

1pm – Heat 2 all classes

230pm – Staff break

3pm – Heat 3 all classes

5pm – Standups vs sitdowns volleyball

630 – Rider appreciation bbq

730 – Live band “Blues Mechanicx” playing from 730 to 930pm

10pm – RC car race (or) destruction derby on the soccer field

11pm – Goped figure 8 mayhem races on the soccer field

1130 - Race 4 awards at the beachside bonfire

Sun – series race 5

7am – Junior registration

730am – Adult registration

8am – Junior course practice / time trials / Junior-B GWC racing / Junior A –

heat 2 / and a little surprise challenge…

930 – Adult registration closes

930am – Course practice by class

11am – Mandatory roll call and riders meeting

1130 – Jeremy Lumpy Sturgill Tribute lap performed by Team Orange, DJSA adult and junior racers, and possibly a little air support…

12pm – Heat 1 all classes

200pm – Lunch / Junior-A heat 3 / Lumpy’s employees “Race for Lumpy”

300pm - Heat 2 all classes

430pm – Awards / Course tear down

Race fees –

567 Vintage Triple Threat - $60 for 1 day /$120 for the weekend

X-2 Army - $75 for 1 day /$150 for the weekend

All other classes - $85 for 1 day /$170 for the weekend

Additional classes are $30 each – per day.

Junior A’s and R’s - $40

Junior B’s - $30

Advanced payment via paypal is helpful and speeds things up a bit on race day, but what’s most important is sending me a completely filled out entry form or an intent to race email. Most of you already have entry forms on file but if not, you can download one from www.djsaracing.com or www.diablojsa.com , or just email me and I’ll send you one. Incomplete forms will be sent back to you, so please fill them out completely with all personal, emergency, medical, and race ski info included… If it’s requested on the form, it’s for a reason.

I only need one entry per racer but if you are running multiple classes on different skis, I need the additional info on the extra classes or the skis you’ll be running. Things always run smoother if we know you’re coming in advance and your help in this area is greatly appreciated…

If you have already raced a 2015 djsa race, YOU ONLY NEED TO SHOOT ME an email of intent with your -

* Name

* Class or classes

* Race #

* Ski make / model

I will print your entry out for you. If any of your personal or sponsor info has changed - I need an updated entry form for our reg data and announcing.

PRE-REGISTRATION CLOSES ON MONDAY, July 13th, at 9pm!!!

All non pre-registered entries taken on race day are $125 per day.

Save yourself some bucks, save me some time, and please pre-register!!!

Each registered racer will receive 4 dinner tickets for Saturday night’s rider appreciation bbq. (if you need an extra ticket or 2 for immediate family members let me know) otherwise additional tickets for friends etc will be $10 ea.

As with years past, those of you with mad culinary skills are encouraged to bring a side dish, appetizer, or a dessert for the dinner. (even those without culinary skills like myself!!) I’ll try to have Jill coordinate those efforts but if you’re able to help out, you can hit her up on facebook at the Diablo Jet Ski Action – DJSA page. As always, your help is GREATLY welcomed and appreciated!!

Site fees -

Dry Camping lakeside - $30 per night. There are no showers at this venue.

Racer / Spectators / Family day only access - $15 per vehicle per day

ALL vehicles (camping or day use) MUST check in at the main office or with the gate attendant before parking.

Lakeside camping is permitted all the way around the lake – however water access is allowed ONLY to the left or right of the flag dock in DESIGNATED BEACH AREAS… you will have to beach pit your skis in these areas if you want them in the water or on the beach. If you want them in your camp site, they will have to be trailered or carted out at the ramp similar to Minden or Marysville.

* No explosives allowed.

* Campfires are allowed only in designated areas.

* No glass containers are allowed.

*NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL PERMITTED TO BE OUT OF CAMPSITES UNTIL AFTER 10PM. There is now a full bar on site.

*Pit vehicles are allowed only in the vicinity of the race site for launching, and personal transportation. This does not include joyriding. There is a mandatory speed limit of 10 mph. Pit vehicles are not allowed outside the designated area and are NOT to be on trails at anytime. Pit vehicles being used during hours of darkness will display proper lights or they will be parked. Pit Vehicles are to be operated by registered racers or crew only. Racers under 14 operating pit vehicles must be accompanied by an adult at all times.

* Dogs must be on a leash at all times. Sorry folks, but insurance requirements at this

venue strictly prohibit aggressive breed dogs, (specifically Pits and Chows), from

being on the property.

* No amplified noise is allowed before 8am, and after midnight. There are neighbors in

the distance on the east side of the property and an onsite caretaker – and we must

respect their privacy.

Course –

This course will be run in a clockwise direction.

Red buoys - right turns

Yellow buoys - left turns

Blue with a color – start of a split (blue goes into 2)

White with a color – end of a split (single line is again alright)

Black – penalty buoys

Please race smart, have a heart, and go around the buoys without hitting them!

Starts –

We are shooting for beach starts on the horn. I am taking steps to protect the lake’s membrane lining on the start beach and I am confident our efforts will be successful. If issues arise, alternative starts may have to be considered - but as of now we are looking at beach starts on the “Horn Blaster” horn.

Show more