2016-08-18

For years, we have been told to vaccinate our pets annually. We are told we must never miss a vaccine appointment or our pets could fall ill and die of the diseases covered by these vaccinations.

If I were to ask you how many times you have had a TB, Polio, Smallpox or MMR jabs. In most cases you would reply that you had only had them once, or in the case of MMR normally twice.

This is from the UK Government's vaccine protocols for humans:
“Live vaccines Live attenuated virus vaccines, such as MMR, usually promote a full, long-lasting antibody response after one or two doses.

Now full and long lasting sounds to me longer than a year?

The core vaccines for dogs and cats are live attenuated vaccines. Core vaccines show an excellent correlation between the presence of antibody and protective immunity to a disease and have a long DOI (Duration of Immunity). Core annual vaccinations have been a cash cow for many years, for both the vaccine companies and the Vets that dispense them.

I believe that this revenue is created under false and misleading science and it is seriously detrimental to the animals health. As long ago as 2004 a group of vets issued a Health Warning that said. "The present practice of marketing vaccinations for companion animals may constitute fraud by misrepresentation, fraud by silence and theft by deception"

They should have added "and a threat to the life and wellbeing of your pet". That was over 12 years ago and still I see some of my client's vaccination certificates stamped with annual core vaccines. Where is the science that says dogs and cats need vaccinations regularly? There is none.

Vaccinating annually is against the BVAs guidelines (British Veterinary Association) The biggest Vaccine supplier in the UK is Intervet. It would normally be their vaccines used when you visit your Vet. Intervet clearly state and have done for some time. The main core vaccines should not be more than once every three to four years.

That is a fairly bold statement. It does not suggest that the Vets should decide for themselves when they should vaccinate. I will repeat. Should not be more than once every three to four years. The BVA (British Veterinary Association, whom I contacted, stated to me
"The duration of immunity (DOI) for each medicine or product is different and veterinary surgeons must keep up to date with this information." In 2010 the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) wrote a letter to the two major veterinary publications Veterinary Record and Veterinary Times, explaining that recent trends in data mean that the DOIs for a number of common vaccinations (canine distemper, parvovirus, and adenovirus) are now three to four years. This is information that veterinary surgeons will be aware of and will be following."

Therefore, the Vets that are administering annual core vaccinations are clearly not following their professional body or the vaccine company’s guidelines. What would happen if a GP did that?
So Why Should it Concern Us

Vaccinations are believed to over stimulate the immune system, causing it to malfunction. They are contraindicated for dogs with already suppressed immune systems. Modified live Vaccine (MLVs) have the potential to revert to the virulent form of the disease. Also indicated are the following:
Autoimmune haemolytic anaemia

A dreadful disease that usually kills a dog within days. The progress of the disease closely resembles the last stages of AIDS. Scientists in America published a paper during 1997, saying that there is strong evidence to link this disease with ANY vaccine.
Cancers

Dr. Denis W Macey was reported in an American veterinary paper as saying that up to 22,000 cats develop cancer at the site of vaccination every year in the USA. American cats are now being vaccinated in the tail or leg so that they can cut it off when it becomes cancerous.
Genetic defects

Dr. Larry Glickman at Purdue University has found that routinely vaccinated dogs develop auto-antibodies to a wide range of their own biochemicals, including DNA. The significance of this study is immense. It means that vaccines cause genetic defects.
Thyroid disease

Can be caused by vaccines, and it then becomes an inheritable condition. Once a dog has underlying thyroid disease, he or she only needs a trigger - from a vaccine, an environmental pollutant, from stress, or from dietary inadequacies - to develop full-blown life-threatening autoimmune diseases.
Leukaemia

Dr. Jean Dodds, one of the world's foremost experts in canine vaccine reactions, writes: "Recent vaccinations with single or combination modified live-virus (MLV) vaccines are increasingly recognised contributors to immune-mediated blood diseases, bone marrow failure, and organ dysfunction." ( Dr. Dodds lists leukaemia, thyroid disease, Addison's disease, diabetes, and lymphoma as diseases that can be triggered by vaccines.
Parvovirus

It appears and is believed that parvovirus was originally created by vaccines. This disease didn't exist prior to the 1970s. In fact, scientists tell us it was created by vaccine manufacturers who cultured the distemper vaccine on cat kidneys that were infected with feline enteritis. This cat-enteritis-diseased distemper vaccine was then injected into dogs, and parvovirus suddenly reared its ugly head around the world at the same time. A naturally occurring epidemic would spread slowly across continents. Parvovirus appeared with a big bang, in line with multi-national vaccine companies distribution policies.
Arthritis

There are numerous scientific studies linking arthritis with vaccination, this is especially the case with the distemper vaccine. Vaccine components have even been isolated in the bones of arthritis sufferers post vaccination.
Allergies

There are many, many research papers showing a link between allergies and vaccines. Animals with a genetic predisposition to allergies ('people' from families with a history of irritable bowel syndrome/Crohns disease/enteritis, asthma, hay fever, eczema, attention deficit disorder, and so on), can become more allergic, or become highly sensitised, when you inject foreign proteins (serums and organ tissue contained in vaccines) into them. Flea bite allergy? Apparently, that' is the result of vaccines.
Titer Tests and my Protocol On Vaccinations

There is something called a Titer test is pronounced TIGHT er. Also called serology and antibody testing, is a simple blood test to ensure that a dog or cat has responded to vaccination with a specific “core” virus vaccine. If those antibodies are there then there is no reason to re-vaccinate your pets. This is now acceptable to kennels and catteries as proof of immunity.
Kennels , Catteries, and Vaccinations

I have personally fought long and hard for local kennels and catteries to adhere to the latest scientific evidence on the dangers of over vaccinations. There is now guidance with regard what is required by kennels and catteries in relation to up to date vaccinations. see the link to Kennels and Catteries at the bottom of this article.

Kennels and Catteries may find themselves committing and offence in accordance with the Animal Welfare Act 2006. Some of the regulations may lead to placing boarding establishments in contravention of those acts. It is an offence under the Act to cause harm or suffering, which may arise due to unnecessary over-vaccination as promoted in the MLCs.

If an animal is already immune to a viral disease, or a particular vaccine is associated with severe adverse reactions and under investigation with the European Medicines Control Agency, as is the case with MSD’s Lepto 4 vaccine, then an animal may be made to suffer as a result of enforced administration of that vaccine. point this out to the kennels and catteries who try and insist on yearly vacinnation certificates
My protocol is this: I vaccinate at 8 and 10.5 weeks of age No more vaccinations until my dog reaches 7 years old. Then I have a Titer test, if that shows the necessary antibodies, then I do not have any more tests or vaccinations. I have never had a dog die of any of the diseases covered in the core or none core vaccinations. I must point out that I am not a vet, however, i know a number of vets that do the same as me on their own dogs.

New vets are required to swear a solemn oath when they finish their degree “primum non nocere” "first do no harm” I am not certain all of them are following that creed. I have written an in-depth article for those that which to research much deeper into this problem and it can be found here. That also covers non-core vaccines such as Leptospirosis and dog flu. This is a disgrace on an International level yet it appears no newspapers or news agencies are interested in the systematic over vaccinating of our pets. Purely for the god of profit, not the pets best interest

http://www.doglistener.co.uk/annual-...nation-dangers

Show more