1. For internal financing of the Five Year Plans, the Government depends on:
Ans: Taxation, public borrowing & deficit financing
2. Which is the octopus shaped lake in Kerala?
Ans: Ashtamudi Lake
3. Advaita Chinthapaddathi is the literary work of?
Ans: Chattampi Swamikal
4. Who is known as the 'First labour leader of India'?
5. Which Article of the Constitution guarantees Public Service Commission for the Union & the States?
Ans: Article 315
6. Which Article of the Constitution ensures duties & powers of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India?
Ans: Article 149
7. Which Amendment Act reduced the voting age from 21 to 18?
Ans: 61st Amendment Act, 1989
8. Valmiki Ambedkar Awaas Yojana was launched for the benefit of?
Ans: Urban slum dwellers
9. Indian Constitution adopted the concept of basic structure from the Constitution of:
Ans: United States
10. Which are the two provisions in the Constitution connected to the Right to Education?
Ans: Article 21A & 51A
11. What is the maximum age fixed by the Food Security Act for providing nutritional entitlements to children of school going age?
12. In which year was the Wild Life Protection Act enacted?
13. Who presided over the Fourth All Kerala Political Conference held at Payyannur?
Ans: Jawaharlal Nehru
14. Who built the famous Grant Trunk Road?
Ans: Shershah Suri
15. In which Session the Indian National Congress split into two groups?
16. Which social reformer of Kerala is associated with Ayyavazhi?
Ans: Ayya Vaikundar
17. Who wrote the book 'Kristhu Maths Chedanam'?
Ans: Chattambi Swamikal
18. Which work of Kumarannasan portrays the story of Matangi?
Ans: Chandala Bikshuki
19. Which is the famous Megalithic burial site in Kerala?
20. Which national leader is known as 'Sarhadi Gandhi'?
Ans: Khan Abdul Gaffer Than
21. Which Commission submitted the recommendations for setting up States on linguistic basis?
Ans: Fazal Ali Commission
22. Which British Viceroy repealed the Partition of Bengal in 1911?
Ans: Lord Hardinge
23. 'Ente Jeevitha Samarangal' is the autobiography of?
Ans: Mannathu Padmanabhan
24. Who was the President of the Lahore Session of Congress which passed the resolution Poornaswaraj in 1929?
Ans: Jawaharlal Nehru
25. Name the journal published by Gandhiji in South Africa?
Ans: Indian Opinion
26. Which National Movement began after the failure of Cripp's Mission?
Ans: Quit India Movement
27. Name the wind blowing from sub tropical high pressure belts to the equatorial low pressure belts?
Ans: Trade Winds
28. Which south Indian dynasty was famous for its village administration? Ans: Chola Dynasty
29. Rourkela Steel Plant was established with the support of?
30. Which type of soil is most suited for plantations of tea, coffee & spices? Ans: Forest soil
31. Which Five Year Plan's slogan was 'Garibi Hatao'?
Ans: Fifth Plan
32. Which committee enquired the IPL spot fixing scandal?
Ans: Justice Mudgal Committee
33. Which foreigners built the St.Angelo Fort at Kannur?
Ans: The Portuguese
34. Which was the last temple to be consecrated by Sree Narayana Guru?
35. Who organised Villuvandi strike in 1893?
36. Which plant is known as the queen of Western Ghats?
37. Which organ of the body is known as 'sweet bread'?
38. In which year Doordarshan started Malayalam programmes?
39. What is the name of the National school computerisation programme? Ans: Vidyavahini
40. 'The Tales of Athiranipadam' is the English translation of which Malayalam work?
Ans: Oru Desathinte Katha