osition title : Secretary - Regional Activities Department
Salary : 1 800 euros/month + benefits
Duration: 2 years renewable
The incumbent will be assigned as Secretary to the Regional Activities Department (RAD) of the OIE Headquarters and reports to the Head of the RAD and the Deputy Head. Under the supervision of the Head of the RAD, the Deputy Head, and in collaboration with the other officers in the Department, he or she will assume responsibility for assisting RAD in the following tasks:
DAY TO DAY WORK
• To provide administrative support to the Head of the Department including, but not limited to, screening and prioritizing entering e-mails
• To provide support to the organization of the national Focal Points Seminars (178 Member Countries) and other regional seminars for which follow-up is required as per defined in the relevant Notes de Service..
o To prepare the invitation letters based on the documents provided by the Regional (RR) and Sub-Regional Representation (SRR)
o To liaise with the RR and SRR in order to complete the information
o To send electronically the invitation letters
o To provide support into the analysis of the seminar questionnaire
• To provide support to the organization of regional conferences
o To send electronically and by regular mail the invitation letters signed by the DG
o To help in the preparation of the preparatory documents
? Working document
? List of participants
? Final report
o To help in any other task related to the organization of regional Conferences
• To provide support to the organization of the GF-TAD Regional Steering Committee meeting
• To maintain the calendar of the department updated on the intranet
• To prepare the shipment through regular mail of seminar reports and other documents
• To provide support to the OIE PVS Pathway missions related tasks
o To send the original signed letters to the countries when appropriate
o To format the mission reports when appropriate
• To program all the activities of the Department
o To prepare and maintain the Annual Planning of Regional Activities
o To develop and maintain an automatic computer-based system with reminder to ensure all the activities be launched on-time
? Project Manager
• To update the PVS Pathway experts data into OIE/TIGER application
• To provide support into the finalization of any procedure or Note de Service related to the coordination of regional activities
• To develop a data base related to the capacity building activities coordinated by the Department
o For each event the data base should include:
? Concept note
? List of participants
? Working documents
? Analysis of questionnaires
? Article for the bulletin
? Mission reports
• To provide support to the project entitled “Evaluation of the Global Programme of Capacity Building for Focal Points”
• To provide support into the follow-up of the Spanish language related activities
• To carry out any other related activities as assigned by the Head of the Department.
In addition, the Director General may, when necessary, assign to the incumbent any other duties within his or her area of competence.
Qualifications and Experience :
- secretarial qualifications or equivalent experience ;
- experiment in organisation and management of conferences/seminaries/meetings
- excellent knowledge of two of the official languages the OIE (English/French/Spanish)
- good editorial skills
- good computer skills (namely Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and the ability to update web pages ;
- capacity of working in a multicultural international environment ;
- ability to work within a team as well as autonomously.
N.B. – These qualifications are considered minimum requirements for the position and candidates should only apply if they fill all above conditions.
The French authorities do not require OIE staff to have a work permit.
The post is Paris-based (17th arrondissement).
OIE staff members are international civil servants subject to the authority of the Director General and may be assigned to any activities, offices or duty stations of the Organisation.
Full-time position, to be filled immediately.
Curriculum vitae should be sent to the attention of the Director General, OIE, by mail at Dr F. Caya Head of the Regional Activities Department or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, copied to Mr J-P Croiziers, Head of the Human Resources Unit at email@example.com before 16 November 2012.