The SAP NetWeaver Administrator is responsible for the management of the SAP environment. The SAP Basis Administrator responsibilities include configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP technical environment on an ongoing basis as well as scheduling and executing the SAP transport system. The SAP Basis Administrator collaborates to resolve SAP transport and source code problems. The SAP Basis Administrator is responsible for the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of SAP systems. Additional areas include the evaluation and design of interfaces between SAP and external systems, maintenance of the SAP Data Dictionary and database objects, and manage the migration of SAP database and application configuration into production as well as analyze, develop, and maintain data architectures and process models within SAP.
A key area of responsibility is the documentation and updating of the existing SAP environment and work with IT and business units to modernize the SAP environment.
The SAP Basis Administrator must possess the ability to analyze situations and provide problem resolution. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a requirement.
Example activities include:
1. Install / Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training and production).
2. Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly.
3. Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance.
4. Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
5. Install and configure all required SAP Oracle database servers and application servers. Experience in HANA installation and maintenance is Must
6. Manage SAP users, authorizations, and profiles.
7. Distribute the online SAP user workload and monitor and manage the SAP background job workload.
8. Configure and manage the SAP printing subsystem for all SAP instances.
9. Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies.
10. Monitor all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.).
11. Administer the SAP database with Database Administrator (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.).
12. Perform SAP client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/import client) as required.
13. Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades.
14. Apply and migrate SAP maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology.
15. Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces.
Security Admin skills
* Create and maintain user roles and authorizations based on business needs
* Minimum 2-3 years experience in SAP ECC 6.0 and BW/Bobj security design and implementation
* Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions and access rights
* Experience with security concepts and User/Role administration across all SAP products (i.e,SAP ECC, BW/BI, CRM, Solution Manger, XI,/PI, SRM, PI and BOBJ) is strongly preferred
* Assist in developing procedures, processes and guidelines that are efficient and focused on the quality of the process or end-state deliverable
* Create SAP transports and work within change management guidelines ensuring that all transports moved into production maintain system integrity
* Prepare test user IDs in order to facilitate business/project user testing in non-production environments
* Assist in enforcement of policies for SAP system security
* Assist in implementation of security best practices and standards
* Perform GRC configuration and use GRC tools in the creation and maintenance of security roles
* Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
* Administration of the BusinessObjects Platform
* Support the infrastructure for BI Developers, power users, and end users
* Provide assistance on BOE tool and system related issues to report developers
* Lead and participate in the upgrade of SAP BO BI 4.1
* Responsible for the Administration of the tools such as CMC and upgrades to Business Object environments
* Installing , Configuring and Ma
Education/Work Experience Requirements
* B.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Minimum 8-12 years’ relevant experience, Configuring & supporting SAP Landscape in large enterprise environments
Since one consultant cannot be master in BASIS, Security and BOBJ, we are expecting at least one of the following combination of skills and experience.
1. BASIS (80%) + Security (20%)
2. Security (80%) + BASIS (20%)
3. Basis (80%) + BOBJ (20%)
4. BOBJ (80%) + BASIS (20%)
**Why work for our Division**
VMware IT provides technology services and support, enabling efficiency, simplicity and productivity for internal business partners and external customers. The VMware IT organization provides two distinct, yet compatible functions. The IT team enables productivity and supports all employees; the organization additionally supports the company in its growth as the global leader in cloud infrastructure by developing and showcasing VMware products and technology. Working in tandem, these two functionalities reduce IT complexity and cost, both within VMware and for its customers.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.