If you’re thinking about getting away with the family for a long weekend or longer, you should really check out the beautiful beaches of the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort! We were in the area this past August and fell in love with the Northwest panhandle of Florida. Whether you want to drive (we did!) or fly into one of the 3 area airports, Sandestin is worth every moment it takes to arrive. We will be arriving in Sandestin in November and once again making the trip by car (I’m already on the hunt for road-trip activities for the kids!) This will be our first time staying at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and the kids are already planning out of days – bike riding, tennis, and looking for shells. I’m looking forward to dining and shopping in the Baytowne Wharf and my husband…well, he gets pulled in every direction! I’ll have lots of pictures and tell you much more about the resort when we return. In the meantime, here’s some information on the resort!
You can find all of their current vacation deals HERE.
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort offers the most complete resort experience in North America. Located on Northwest Florida’s Gulf Coast, Sandestin is a 2,400-acre destination resort for all seasons and for all ages.
The resort has a 26-mile stretch of sugar-white sands, plus 30 neighborhoods featuring more than 1,200 condominiums, villas, town homes and a wide variety of hotel accommodations.
• More than seven miles of beaches and pristine bay front
• Four championship golf courses
• 15 world-class tennis courts
• 19 swimming pools
• A 113-slip marina
• Certified children’s programs
• A fitness center and spa
• 65,000 square feet of meeting space
• The Village of Baytowne Wharf, a unique pedestrian village with a host of boutique shops, casual and fine dining restaurants and nightlife venues.
Complimentary Amenities For Resort Guests
• Bicycle rental
• Fitness Center Access
• Tennis Court Time
• Resort Transportation
• Seasonal water amenities including kayaks and boogie boards
• Kitchenware in all units
• Hotel style rooms with microwaves and mini fridges
• One, two and three bedroom units in the Village of Baytowne Wharf, all of which have full kitchens and dining areas.
• Two and three bedroom villas and townhomes, all of which have full kitchens and dining areas.
Sandestin has more than 30 communities from the Beach to the Bay, each with their own personality and features. Examples include:
Beach and Beachside
The Grand Sandestin and Village of BaytowneWharf
Dockside with villas on water or the golf course
Bayside featuring villas, townhomes and more on the water or the Links course
Facilities and Activities
Sandestin facilities include a 113-slip, full-service marina, Jolee Island Nature Park, the fitness center, salon/day spa, and property trams.
Sandestin is home to 72 holes of golf on four championship courses, including the Raven Golf Club, Burnt Pine Golf Club, The Links Golf Club and Baytowne Golf Club. The SandestinGolfAcademy, provides instruction in private and small group formats for players of all skill levels, golf retreats, special clinics and customized programs.
The Tennis World
Sandestin is equipped with 15 tennis courts, 12 hydrogrid clay and three hard courts. OurDestin resort’s state-of-the-art tennis facility includes an excellent clubhouse, complete with dressing rooms, lockers, showers and the latest in tennis apparel. Our professional tennis staff keeps active players busy year round with daily activities and a variety of special events.
The Adventure World
Sandestin offers a wide variety of recreational activities including our fitness center, salon/day spa, beach volleyball, boogie boards, hiking, bicycling, YOLO stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, catch-release lake fishing, waverunner rentals, pontoon boat rentals, sailing instruction, sailboat rentals, sailing charters, full- and half-day sunset and dinner cruises, professional golf, tennis and sailing lessons. The Village of Baytowne Wharf also offers the Baytowne Adventure Zone. Enjoy a Zipline experience across the lagoon, the Sky Trail Ropes Course, an exciting Tower Climb, or the Euro Bungy. Or visit Adventure Bay at Sandestin! A floating waterpark located at Baytowne Marina.
The Family World
Sandestin is the premier destination for families on the Gulf Coast. Activities like Junior Golf, sailing instruction, KidZone (children’s activities program), Jolee Island Nature Park, and Capt. Joe Lee’s Tree House and Nature Walk. There is also the Marina Bar & Grill,located at the scenic Baytowne Marina overlooking the Choctawhatchee Bay, a treasure for all ages. To celebrate each day, be there at sunset for the blowing of the cannon and ringing of the bell and say hello to resident McCaw MaryAnn.
The Meeting World
Sandestin has 65,000 square feet of flexible meeting space to accommodate groups from 10 to 1,600, including 3,000 square feet of Gulf views. The new BaytowneConferenceCenter features the Magnolia Ballroom, the largest ballroom in Northwest Florida. There is also a 12,600 square-foot Linkside Center Exhibit Hall, 24 breakout rooms including four ballrooms and four boardrooms, two business centers, and an oversized pool deck ideal for casual outdoor receptions.
Restaurants and Nightlife
On top of the nearly two dozen venues at The Village of Baytowne Wharf, Sandestin offers guests the opportunity to dine on the beach at Elephant Walk and at other locations including the Marina Bar & Grill and three seasonal tiki bars.The Marina Bar & Grill is a great spot for weekend breakfasts, and lunch and early dinner any day of the week.
Shop and Boutiques
The Village of Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin is home to more than 30 world-class shops and specialty boutiques,including the Sandestin Family Retail Shops, offering colorful choices, local treasures and unique gifts for all ages. Sandestin also has three golf shops, two gift shops, a tennis shop and The Market Shops at Sandestin, a collection of specialty Boutique retail shops.
• Gumbo Festival– February
• Three Day Holiday Weekend Events – January (MLK Weekend) and February (Presidents Day)
• Mardi Gras Dog Parade and Fat Tuesday Baytowne Bash Parade – February
• Spring Break Fun, Sun and Concerts – March and April
• Sandestin Wine Festival – April
• Memorial Day and Start of Summer – May and June
• EmeraldCoast Blue Marlin Classic – June
• Fourth of July Celebration and Red, White & Baytowne – July
• Sandestin Triathlon – August
• Labor Day Weekend Celebration – September
• Baytowne Beer Festival – October
• Christmas on the Coast – November and December
• Destin named as Good Morning America’s Top Ten Most Beautiful Places in America
• Sandestin has been named one of the Top 12 Golf Communities by Forbes
• Best of Weddings 2012 and 2013presented by The Knot
• Premier Golf Resorts, GOLF Magazine (2012)
• Best Resort by readers of Emerald Coast Magazine (2012)
• Best of the Emerald Coast, presented by Fort Walton Beach Chamber of Commerce
• Best Golf Course, Emerald Coast Finest (2012)
• BestResort, Emerald Coast Finest(2012)
• Best Place to Work, Emerald Coast Finest (2012)
• Fodor’s Choice selection (2012, 2011)
• Best of the South Award, Meetings South Magazine
• Gold Tee Award, Meetings & Conventions Magazine (2013, 2012)
• Top All Around Resort, Convention South Magazine (2013)
Sandestin is located in Northwest Florida, between Pensacola and Panama City, eight miles east of Destin. It is the only resort situated on both the Intercoastal Waterway and the Gulf of Mexico.
For those individuals wanting the added convenience of air travel, guests have several options:
VPS – Ft WaltonBeachAirport
ECP – The Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport near Panama City
PNS – Pensacola Regional Airport
Head over here to start planning your trip!
The post Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort – A Complete Resort Experience for the Whole Family! appeared first on My Dallas Mommy.