Title: Warehouse Specialist
Akima Technical Solutions, LLCprovides a full spectrum of services that include aircraft maintenance, airfield support services, fuels management, aviation ground equipment maintenance and overhaul, vehicle and equipment maintenance, transportation, material management, warehousing and distribution, equipment maintenance, and procurement. Today’s military, government agencies, and commercial enterprises depend on modern, sophisticated systems to provide critical operations and timely services. Akima focuses on providing the critical services required to enable these organizations to attain maximum efficiency and effectiveness. As directed, performs a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the storage plan. Work involves most of the following: Verifying material against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages, routing materials to prescribed storage locations; storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods, rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials, examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage, removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment.
• Operates docks, warehouses, or other, in accordance with established procedures.
• Process inbound material and/or equipment from the initial point of delivery into a controlled storage area, or directly to the end user utilizing established logistics tools, processes, and documentation.
• Inspect deliveries for misdirected shipments and obvious shipping damage; obtain carriers signature on waybill documenting shipping damage, if any; determine appropriate routing upon acceptance;
• Deliver items from a dock to the end user or storage area;
• Inspect and receive items into a warehouse or other controlled storage area following established procedure and utilizing appropriate logistics tools and systems.
• Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe workplace and limit access to controlled storage areas to authorized personnel only.
• Issue stock from controlled storage areas for consumption or shipment, which may include applying appropriate packaging to safeguard the item from damage during transit.
• Perform their duties utilizing proper authorizing documents, established schedules, or appropriate work orders. Warehouse Specialists receives or issues items based upon manual or system generated documents, schedules, reports, or verbal requests from supervision or the Program Manager, per established procedure.
• Receive; inspect; assign locations; stock; issue; conduct and report physical inventories; re-locate stock to make room for new items;
• Package items for shipment or protection; process discrepant, surplus, or scrap items per established procedure; deliver to or from storage areas; perform logistics tasks related to work orders, including furniture rearrangement and moving exercises;
• Operate all types of material handling equipment.
• Select appropriate carriers for shipments, both international and domestic and complete appropriate documentation to initiate and/or complete shipments;
• Maintain shelf life items according to expiration dates
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As directed, performs a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the storage plan. Work involves most of the following: Verifying material against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages, routing materials to prescribed storage locations; storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods, rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials, examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage, removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance. Please do not use the dedicated phone number above to call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
In order for our company stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance.